Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

If that was his first transaction after the claim, it's pretty much guaranteed.

With all of the season tickets and start of the season being processed, any emails will have been pushed either upstairs for a decision, as getting it unfrozen after a claim will usually need to be signed off, or to the bottom so they can get the ones who haven't been to court sorted first.

I've not got my new membership card yet. It was late last season too. Even when it came I couldn't load games onto it for half a dozen matches. I phoned but couldn't get through. Sent one email which wasn't replied to, still hasn't been actually, then eventually went in the shop for a moan and was given a sincere apology. There was talk of systems and backlogs. 

No one should ever underestimate the extreme incompetence behind the scenes at Hillsborough ticketing and merch. 

I'm not saying that is good or acceptable, but it's what this particular case stinks of. 

• Like 1

So what I'm gathering from this thread now:

1) It's just a glitch in the computer system and he CAN buy a season ticket now if he wants to

2) The Star should only have reported it by saying the things that some of our fans can handle and cutting out any facts

3) The mainstream media, the sheffield star (or 'the stir' as some so hilariously call it), Gary Lineker and Linford Christie are all out to get us

I see

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

So why didn’t the Club offer further explanation when asked?

No idea, I don't work for the club. I'm just going off what the Star wrote, and what people who were unable to buy tickets the same day said. I have no insight. I mean, the bloke himself even said he doesn't actually know if he is banned. Would it surprise me if he is? Nope, Would it surprise me if he isn't? Nope.

Just now, TommyCraig said:

I've not got my new membership card yet. It was late last season too. Even when it came I couldn't load games onto it for half a dozen matches. I phoned but couldn't get through. Sent one email which wasn't replied to, still hasn't been actually, then eventually went in the shop for a moan and was given a sincere apology. There was talk of systems and backlogs. 

No one should ever underestimate the extreme incompetence behind the scenes at Hillsborough ticketing and merch. 

I'm not saying that is good or acceptable, but it's what this particular case stinks of. 

It's usually just workload, as it's all concentrated in a short time. Don't forget, we've had a short off-season too.

As it's a court claim, this will be sitting with the accounts department, (not the ticket office) who will be getting hammered at this time of the year.

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

No idea, I don't work for the club. I'm just going off what the Star wrote, and what people who were unable to buy tickets the same day said. I have no insight. I mean, the bloke himself even said he doesn't actually know if he is banned. Would it surprise me if he is? Nope, Would it surprise me if he isn't? Nope.

Fair

Owlstalk Shop

Can’t lie I think it’s a bit bizarre to try and re-purchase a season ticket after taking the club to court for a refund on one,  obviously the circumstances were a bit exceptional with covid etc but I think once you have decided to take that course of action it’s game over isn’t it ? Surely ?  

I don’t support the owners actions on this one though,  he should clarify the situation rapido tbh ,  if it’s his call they are not allowed to re-purchase come out and clarify it and own that decision please chairman 

Communication reference refunds has been totally bizarre, I’ve heard so many different stories , people been really happy with the service provided and then people

absolutely ignored and ended up in courts etc

Full explanation from the chairman required 

Guest Willow Owl
33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday did not respond to The Star’s request for comment.

Sheffield Wednesday have yet to respond to the Star’s request for comment.

I did a charge back on my Ryanair flights but have booked several flights since then. 

Was a strange time but that £200 made a big difference that Xmas to my family rather than receiving credit notes that I may never have been able to use in the future.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, modboy said:

I did a charge back on my Ryanair flights but have booked several flights since then. 

Was a strange time but that £200 made a big difference that Xmas to my family rather than receiving credit notes that I may never have been able to use in the future.

I did the same. Rather of had the cash in my account  than leave it in Ryanair’s bank account. And Ryanair’s attitude over the years means people have little loyalty to them. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. 

SWFC you would hope would understand the loyalty of football fans, it’s not just a regular customer relationship

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So what I'm gathering from this thread now:

1) It's just a glitch in the computer system and he CAN buy a season ticket now if he wants to

2) The Star should only have reported it by saying the things that some of our fans can handle and cutting out any facts

3) The mainstream media, the sheffield star (or 'the stir' as some so hilariously call it), Gary Lineker and Linford Christie are all out to get us

I see

1) Yeah, not beyond the Realms of possibility with our track record and others not being able to buy. 

2)  The Star has many detractors, it's true. You'd have to admit it's not the publication it once was. I personally avoid their website like the plague. 

3)  No one has mentioned msm in this thread. Just The Star. Neither has Linford or Gary been brought up. We get it, they have in the past, as you let us know every time anyone dares critisize. 

But it's repetitive and boring and very off-putting. Maybe let members have a discussion without being all over it like a bad rash. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Just when you think things are improving

Absolutely shooting themselves in the foot on the PR front AGAIN totally unnecessarily

Could have just sold him a season ticket, won a fan back over and avoided bad press

Nope

Had to have another spat with the fans

At a time when the club is asking for sponsors to cough up again too

Totally agree.

Chansiri made a major error by not offering appropriate refunds at the time and forcing individuals down a legal route.

It's another unnecessary own goal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

2)  The Star has many detractors, it's true. You'd have to admit it's not the publication it once was. I personally avoid their website like the plague. 

I’ve been critical of the Star over the years but the new guys are doing a good job and should be commended. Both Wednesday fans too IIRC.

Yeah, i think we all agree that the website is shockingly bad to navigate, but that’s not the individual journos’ faults, who are chucking out some cracking content to be fair

Edited by Miffed
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I’ve been critical of the Star over the years but the new guys are doing a good job and should be commended. Both Wednesday fans too IIRC.

Yeah, i think we all agree that the website is shockingly bad to navigate, but that’s not the individual journos’ faults, who are chucking out some cracking content to be fair

I wouldn't know. Only see bits on other sites. Shame. 

Chansiri is in Sheffield anyway, maybe he’s due a chat with the local press 

Ive stuck with the owner for a while now and probably well known on the forum for doing so,  but I do think we’re due a proper explanation of why the refund process has been such a sham ,  I’d like to think he won’t ban fans but I do know it’s something he said a while back as a consequence for getting a refund , but not sure he meant from the covid fiasco 

Don’t think there’s any reason to get wound up just yet without knowing the full details, and the hate towards the local journos is just bizarre , has been said many times over but everyone still loves to throw the agenda card about , Dom Alex and Joe do a cracking job imo 

5 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

That is certainly one way of looking at it.

Another would be to say, someone bought a season ticket and due to unprecedented circumstances (Covid restrictions) they couldn't attend all the games.

The club were under no obligation to give a refund, but offered to do so in a number of ways, e.g. cash refund, credit to spend in the shop, credit towards future season ticket.

The club said anyone choosing to take a cash refund would not be entitled to buy another one in future.

Someone chose to take a cash refund and as it took so long to come through decided to take the club to court to demand it at a time when the club are experiencing obvious financial difficulties, then expects to be able to buy another season ticket.

Bonkers!

The club weren’t the only business/people impacted by COViD. End of the day the club didn’t provide a service and money should have been paid back. 

how many people lost jobs or businesses through COViD. This money will likely have meant far more to the family that bought that ST then what less than a thousand quid means to our multimillionaire chairman.  

unbelievable some people are defending this poo . 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Bought a season ticket Feb 2020, no crowds at Hillsborough the season after,so I got refunded by my credit card company instead of waiting for chansiri to give me a season ticket credit for 21/22.