Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

24 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

Not in the slightest.

There was no need to report this story, not everything that happens is reported, or do you think it is?

If it HAD to be reported by journalists who rely on having good relationships with the club, they could have changed the way it was done and highlighted that the club had merely stuck to their word of not allowing people that chose to take a cash refund the right to purchase another season ticket.

Don’t be ridiculous,I want to read FACTs reported accurately and impartially,not some sanitised version of what allegedly happened…I can than form a view 

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Don’t be ridiculous,I want to read FACTs reported accurately and impartially,not some sanitised version of what allegedly happened…I can than form a view 

Which is what the Star did, at no point mentioning he had been banned from purchasing a season ticket, only he was unable to purchase one, which it seems many people were unable to also on the day he tried, but were able to go down the shop or wait till the day after to do it. Hoesntly, this could actually be nothing at all, but, no one will wait for that.

There is a ridiculous schism between owls fans

its fair enough rowing on here about politics etc, but the all else SWFC, like this particular spat is self defeating.

The bloke wanted his money back, cos he hadn't received what it "Said on the f.ookin' Tin"

wheres the problem, ?

"Yea but ..if you are a  Proper" Wednesday fan".    fizz that..these days...

We don't know his circumstances from a financial point of view....or he might just be totally p*ssed off about years of sodding crap

What on earth is the problem?

He wants to watch The Wednesday next season, and he wants to pay for the "Whole season"..which from my experience, since Noah started to spit, usually ends in disappointment.

Its the same when we get anywhere, and yer ......."Proper fan"..Moans about "Not being able to park, not being able to get a pie...etc etc ..self defeating etc

I'm sure there are owls fans that want just the  "10k" "Proper fans" in the ground....

its an inch offa f.ookin' stupid from any point of view

ANY Wednesday fan who has been away for years, and sits next to me will get a "Welcome back mate"..Not

"Where the f,ook have you been..."

cos how do we progress with that crap?..We don't

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, marcx666 said:

Which is what the Star did, at no point mentioning he had been banned from purchasing a season ticket, only he was unable to purchase one, which it seems many people were unable to also on the day he tried, but were able to go down the shop or wait till the day after to do it. Hoesntly, this could actually be nothing at all, but, no one will wait for that.

Crikey mate - that's some stretch there

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
12 minutes ago, vulva said:

It’s on the Star website. Just below the stories on Sheffield winning the World Student Games bid and Helen Sharman going into space. 

That made me chuckle 

11 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I think you may be correct. If you are, I can guarantee this thread will automatically self destruct. 

If that was his first transaction after the claim, it's pretty much guaranteed.

With all of the season tickets and start of the season being processed, any emails will have been pushed either upstairs for a decision, as getting it unfrozen after a claim will usually need to be signed off, or to the bottom so they can get the ones who haven't been to court sorted first.

8 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

"Unable to purchase a season ticket"....?

I'm sorry mate,,,,,What sort of business does that?

"Can I give you some money" ?

"No,,I'm sorry"

F.ookin' abject crap

Just now, asteener1867 said:

"Unable to purchase a season ticket"....?

I'm sorry mate,,,,,What sort of business does that?

"Can I give you some money" ?

"No,,I'm sorry"

F.ookin' abject crap

Oh I agree, never said that was a good thing lmao. From reading others who had the issue, it seems something wrong with the systems, which are probably from the 30s if the website is anything to go by lol

14 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Have we finally got to the point as a nation where folks don't want news outlets, to report the news.

Because, people don't like the news that's reported?

Based on some of the blinkered comments on here the answer mate is…

• Like 1

Do we know if this fan has been down to the ticket office or phoned them to resolve the issue, because from what I see he tried to buy a season ticket once online couldn’t manage it then went crying to the star. 

The article even says he’s only assuming he’s banned. 

4 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

As someone who's always rubbished claims the Star or any other media are snidey, doing things against us etc (i still dont believe they do)

Why has this story come out the day before the season opener? Why? 

This surely isnt a story thats only just appeared? Just very very strange timing 

Playing devils advocate here …. Exactly when would be the right time to publish the story?

When is a good time that won’t have fans questioning the timing? 

I don’t think there is a time where fans wouldn’t claim that publishing it would be disruptive. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Have we finally got to the point as a nation where folks don't want news outlets, to report the news.

Because, people don't like the news that's reported?

Bloody Main Stream Media innit

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

So why didn’t the Club offer further explanation when asked?

• Like 1