Referees to clamp down on time wasting

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The goalkeeper was clearly cheating and should have been sent off.  

No, booked, for starters.

the number of subs available won't help preventing timewasting.

Player goes down, requests treatment and after all checks except tonsils, sub comes on for him, therefore they are not down to 10 for a moment.

Clubs will always work something else out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

No, booked, for starters.

the number of subs available won't help preventing timewasting.

Player goes down, requests treatment and after all checks except tonsils, sub comes on for him, therefore they are not down to 10 for a moment.

Clubs will always work something else out.

No send them off.  

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Time wasting is so frustrating and the referee gets a lot of the blame. 

But isn’t it time the players and managers were called out for it. 

As soon as Portsmouth scored the 3rd I saw there assistant manager shouting over to there keeper. Next thing you know he’s taking an age with everything and faking an injury. 

It doesn’t take a genius to work out what the assistant manager said to the keeper. 

Yep we had just got up a head of steam and it took the wind out of our sails.

Also Cowley used the downtime to give his team tactics and a Pep talk while we stood around twiddling our thumbs. They then went on to look the better side for the last 10 minutes while our shape was all over the place.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Yep we had just got up a head of steam and it took the wind out of our sails.

Also Cowley used the downtime to give his team tactics and a Pep talk while we stood around twiddling our thumbs. They then went on to look the better side for the last 10 minutes while our shape was all over the place.

I said at the time, the team being impeded need to think of a way to combat it. For example, while the keeper is getting fake treatment for a fake injury, our captain get the players in a huddle, gee them up and go full pelt from the resumption. We’ve got to respond better than to just wander round aimlessly having a drink and a chat. 

• Like 7

Another example of poor reffing after watching the highlights 

He books Stockdale for bouncing the ball away in the aftermath of Gregorys foul yet Tunnecliffe kicked the ball away right in front of him when we had a freekick on the halfway line surprise surprise no card 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, paulrs said:

I said at the time, the team being impeded need to think of a way to combat it. For example, while the keeper is getting fake treatment for a fake injury, our captain get the players in a huddle, gee them up and go full pelt from the resumption. We’ve got to respond better than to just wander round aimlessly having a drink and a chat. 

It'd be great if every time a player went down, the team run to the sidelines, a tea trolley gets rolled onto the pitch with drinks and light snacks, then DM pulls out a full size flipchart with tactics on. A couple of massage tables on wheels if anyone's a bit sore.

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Another example of poor reffing after watching the highlights 

He books Stockdale for bouncing the ball away in the aftermath of Gregorys foul yet Tunnecliffe kicked the ball away right in front of him when we had a freekick on the halfway line surprise surprise no card 

OUT TO GET US

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

yep a huddle  as close as possible  to the player who is down 'injured' , intimidate them, and make it very vocal about the shithousery they doing , make their 'injured' player cry a bit ! if its keeper throw some water bottles into his net ! 

5 hours ago, paulrs said:

I agree 100% mate.

I also think we need to be a lot more proactive in our approach to this sort of thing.

After the blistering start we had, it was clear after about the half hour mark that the tempo was dropping and that they had maybe tweaked their approach.

Why not one of our players going down, buying a bit of time, having the obligatory water break & re assessing & organising and then going for it again.

Why do ‘stoppages’ always have to be at our expense,, when we are on the front foot and looking for a goal?

It happens all the time, we are always passive, whereas other manager’s invariably play the system to their advantage. 

We just let circumstances drift along and seemingly hope for the best which clearly never materialises.

Other manager’s are in the officials ears all match. We play it nicey nice, end up with 6 bookings against a team that didn’t put one fair aerial challenge in. 

We are asleep at the wheel & the fault lies with one man.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I agree 100% mate.

I also think we need to be a lot more proactive in our approach to this sort of thing.

After the blistering start we had, it was clear after about the half hour mark that the tempo was dropping and that they had maybe tweaked their approach.

Why not one of our players going down, buying a bit of time, having the obligatory water break & re assessing & organising and then going for it again.

Why do ‘stoppages’ always have to be at our expense,, when we are on the front foot and looking for a goal?

It happens all the time, we are always passive, whereas other manager’s invariably play the system to their advantage. 

We just let circumstances drift along and seemingly hope for the best which clearly never materialises.

Other manager’s are in the officials ears all match. We play it nicey nice, end up with 6 bookings against a team that didn’t put one fair aerial challenge in. 

Absolutely spot on. I'm fed up with being nice. Year after year, decade after decade. We need to win. I don't want to win the fair play cup! I want to go up as champions. Big Jack and Howard made teams scared to play us, it was great and they got success. Other teams bully us and cheat. We need to start playing smarter.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

It'd be great if every time a player went down, the team run to the sidelines, a tea trolley gets rolled onto the pitch with drinks and light snacks, then DM pulls out a full size flipchart with tactics on. A couple of massage tables on wheels if anyone's a bit sore.

I heard flapjack and mountain dew is popular 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, panda800 said:

I heard flapjack and mountain dew is popular 

Whatever, just do something that takes the ********.

Send a message, if you take the pics, so will we.

The ref's will soon put a stop to the time-wasting if it's plastered all over social media and the TV every time they do it, because you're having a tea party while they're trying to waste time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I agree 100% mate.

I agree about letting circumstances drift but this could be applied to most teams not just us. Something I’d do if I was playing would be if my team needed a goal but the game was totally flat, I’d start a little scuffle with the opposites… nothing major but just enough to get the crowd worked up and shift the momentum of the game. It’s just the opposite side of the coin to feigning injury to slow things down 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulrs said:

I agree about letting circumstances drift but this could be applied to most teams not just us. Something I’d do if I was playing would be if my team needed a goal but the game was totally flat, I’d start a little scuffle with the opposites… nothing major but just enough to get the crowd worked up and shift the momentum of the game. It’s just the opposite side of the coin to feigning injury to slow things down 

100%.

Anything proactive to change the dynamic of the game.

Utd tried it against Forest but Steve Cooper was wise to it, but it still better than trying nothing.

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

OUT TO GET US

I know this is probably said in jest but this has been happening for a few years now, we have the same standard of reffing almost every week. The difference in rule application between us and the opposites is alarming at times. It does make me wonder whether Chansiri pi55ed them off that much 🤷🏼‍♂️