Referees to clamp down on time wasting

2 minutes ago, Modge Owl said:

...for the first 3 games of the season and then be forgotten like the six second rule for keepers...

Spot on. Keeper's hold onto it for far far longer than 6 seconds. It's ridiculous. I'm constantly shouting at referee's "how bloody long ref" "he may as well have his own ball". This and diving/feigning injury are 2 of the biggest things that pee me off about football today, and for a while actually.

• Like 4

Inevitably this will turn out like the 'refs are clamping down on dissent' briefings from a few years ago, which resulted in David Jones being sent off for questioning a referee's decision before the whole thing was quickly forgotten and we returned to scenes of Premier League players surrounding refs, getting in their faces, and generally behaving like wankpuffins.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I'll believe it when I see it 

Referees at this level are not particularly competent applying the laws as is without busying their heads with new initiatives.

A well intentioned directive, but doubt it will be effectively and consistently applied. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AtkinsonsBarmyArmy said:

Spot on. Keeper's hold onto it for far far longer than 6 seconds. It's ridiculous. I'm constantly shouting at referee's "how bloody long ref" "he may as well have his own ball". This and diving/feigning injury are 2 of the biggest things that pee me off about football today, and for a while actually.

100% this.

As a collective fan base, each time the opposites keeper picks the ball up, we should start counting loadly up to 6. Then go apeshit mental if they don't release it by 6.

• Like 3

Can they also make sure throw ins are taken from the correct spot, the amount of time the taker get 10 yards with the line shuffle before taking the throw. Its basically cheating but one that the referees do nothing about.

As with any clamping down on rules its the consistency that is the problem. One referee with book a player another one won't even acknowledge the infringment.

• Like 5

Every season, the FA / EFL plan to clamp down on something 

Until it becomes apparent, that refs lack the bottle to evenly apply the rules to all clubs, at all grounds 

Edited by camffiti
  • Like 3

The biggest waste of time in football is bringing the doctor on every 5 minutes, for him to spray some spray, dribble some water or massage the players ego and nothing more. 

Doctors shouldn't be allowed on the field unless there is an actual medical emergency. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

The biggest waste of time in football is bringing the doctor on every 5 minutes, for him to spray some spray, dribble some water or massage the players ego and nothing more. 

Doctors shouldn't be allowed on the field unless there is an actual medical emergency. 

Just copy rugby and allow play to continue whilst they are treated. They'd soon stop play acting. 

Oh, and stop fekking kicking the ball out unless it's a head injury.

• Like 2