Referees to clamp down on time wasting

54 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I know this is probably said in jest but this has been happening for a few years now, we have the same standard of reffing almost every week. The difference in rule application between us and the opposites is alarming at times. It does make me wonder whether Chansiri pi55ed them off that much 🤷🏼‍♂️

Seth Bennett too - he's in on it

And LInford Christie

Alan Biggs

The Mainstream Media
The BBC and Gary Lineker

All out to get us

Owlstalk Shop

I thought the ref on Saturday made some decent decisions during the game with regards to the the new guidelines. For example, giving us the throw in when they were creeping up the line on the first half.  Also making their player go off for the corner which produced our third goal.

I also noticed him speaking to players who had gone down and he must have said, "do you really need this, as otherwise you are going to have go off the field".  They soon got up and carried on.

Those things I appreciated.  

Where it went wrong for me, was the inconsistency in his yellow card decisions. Stockdale gets yellow carded for punching the ball down in frustration but their player didnt get carded for kicking the ball away later.

It's those kind of things that I don't get and which frustrate me. If you book one player for something and a different player does the same thing, you have to book them too.

He cheesed off their fans as well and could have easily given them a penalty.

Granted, it's not easy being a referee, but they could make there lives easier by just having some more consistency.

On time wasting by the goal keeper this is my view - if the trainer is called on then once the keeper is treated he has to leave the field until the next break in play (just like outfield players) - the team in question then has a choice whether to bring on their substitute keeper (meaning the game is over for the original keeper) or to put one of the outfield players in goal until the original keeper is allowed back on!

This is precisely what happens with outfield players but I reckon it would stop any time wasting by keepers for fear of having to leave the pitch!