Players recently signed by our League One rivals you wish we had have signed

Is their any players our league one rivals have signed, in this transfer window, you wish we had have signed. I’ve added one player for each position (yes I am bored) I think would have enhanced our squad. Do you agree and are there any others.

Goalkeeper - Jojo Wollacott (25) - To Charlton (Bosman free from Swindon) - EFL league 2 goalkeeper of the year (above a certain Dawson)

Right Back - Kwaku Oduroh (19) - To Derby (free - released by Man City) - Much hyped young Man City player who wants first team football.

Left Back - Nicky Cadden (25) - To Barnsley (Bosman free from Forest Green) - EFL & PFA league 2 left back of the year 

Central Defender - Jack Tucker (22) - To MK Dons (Undisclosed fee from Gillingham) - young hyped central defender

Defensive Midfielder  - Luca Connell (21) - To Barnsley (free - released by Celtic) - Young Irish under 21 international. 

Central Midfield - Hourihane (31) - To Derby (free - released from Aston Villa) - Seasoned international midfielder, who can score a lot of goals

Attacking Midfielder - Devoy (20) - To MK Dons (Undisclosed fee from Bohemians) - young much hyped Irish U21 international

Winger - Nathan Holland (24) - To MK Dons (free released from West Ham) - former England U19 international. Most assistants in premier league development league 2 years ago

Striker - James Collins (31) - To Derby (free transfer from Cardiff City) - Big centre forward with a better career scoring record than Smith

• Haha 3

Just now, Siggijonsson said:

Attacking Midfielder - Devoy (20) - To MK Dons (Undisclosed fee from Bohemians) - young much hyped Irish U21 international

that much hyped you dont know his first name ........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finn Azaz who's just gone on loan from Villa to Plymouth. Could see Louie Barry doing well at MK Dons too. Agree with you on Cadden.

Must say though in general I'm fairly pleased with the business we're doing, we've replaced pretty much everyone who's left and improved in places. Only worry is that the signings (and squad in general) are tending slightly too much towards age/experience, but we've a few weeks to fix that - and after Derby's recent activity they'll surely end up rack up the oldest set of recruits this window.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

that much hyped you dont know his first name ........

Dawson, very useful player scores goals creates chances attack minded  like Azaz thats just joined plymouth on loan again a very decent option and a bit taller than Devoy wouldnt have minded Azaz here, think hed have been a huge hit, reminds me a bit of a young Carlton Palmer.

Id have taken Cadden over reece james all day long, not sure about tucker, but we never showed any interest in him anyhow

You never know how its going to go until the season progresses 

all of our signings (including Hourihane) could all bomb and we end up in a relegation battle, or they could hit the ground running first game and we dint look back. its the beauty of football in that respect 😀

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Siggijonsson said:

Is their any players our league one rivals have signed, in this transfer window, you wish we had have signed. I’ve added one player for each position (yes I am bored) I think would have enhanced our squad. Do you agree and are there any others.

Goalkeeper - Jojo Wollacott (25) - To Charlton (Bosman free from Swindon) - EFL league 2 goalkeeper of the year (above a certain Dawson)

Right Back - Kwaku Oduroh (19) - To Derby (free - released by Man City) - Much hyped young Man City player who wants first team football.

Left Back - Nicky Cadden (25) - To Barnsley (Bosman free from Forest Green) - EFL & PFA league 2 left back of the year 

Central Defender - Jack Tucker (22) - To MK Dons (Undisclosed fee from Gillingham) - young hyped central defender

Defensive Midfielder  - Luca Connell (21) - To Barnsley (free - released by Celtic) - Young Irish under 21 international. 

Central Midfield - Hourihane (31) - To Derby (free - released from Aston Villa) - Seasoned international midfielder, who can score a lot of goals

Winger - Nathan Holland (24) - To MK Dons (free released from West Ham) - former England U19 international. Most assistants in premier league development league 2 years ago

Striker - James Collins (31) - To Derby (free transfer from Cardiff City) - Big centre forward with a better career scoring record than Smith

Collins hasn't scored well for a couple of years. Smith has recently come into his prime. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

None, if they were good enough, affordable and wanted to come here, they would be here.

We are the best option in this league bar none so if we don't have them its either DM didn't want them, we couldn't afford, or they didn't want to come here.

Edited by leftpeg

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Ask other fans which of our signings they'd like, Smith, Ihiekwe, Stockdale and Vaulks would be pretty high on their lists.

Exactly this.

There isn’t a single team in this league who’d have turned their noses up at any of these lads. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1