Worst financially performing club in Europe

A truly horrific state of affairs and those figures are a damming indictment on chansiris tenure as owner. Money wasted right left and centre because he either listened to people who have taken advantage of him or refused to listen to people who know what they are doing. There's no other way to look at it, these losses are on him and him alone. Our relegation was on him. If we go up then that'll be on him too before his usual lapdogs start, but going up is harder to do than some people think. 

I still fear that he will either walk away or offload us to somebody worse, which is possible BTW, but this isn't me saying careful what you wish for. I reckon if I'd have had his money I could have done a better job than him. I certainly wouldn't have done any worse because I'd have been more careful and I'd have paid people who know how football works. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Must be Derby

For all their recent turmoil, once they leave administration, they'll be debt free, owning their own stadium again, and will be operating at the same tier as we are.

They'll potentially be in a much stronger position in years to come compared to a club saddled with £124m of debt.

Not for the first time, we may find ourselves looking enviously at a 'crisis' club who went into administration and then boomeranged past us on their way back up.

Perhaps not this season, though - they've got no bloody players yet!

:duntmatter:

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

For all their recent turmoil, once they leave administration, they'll be debt free, owning their own stadium again, and will be operating at the same tier as we are.

They'll potentially be in a much stronger position in years to come compared to a club saddled with £124m of debt.

Not for the first time, we may find ourselves looking enviously at a 'crisis' club who went into administration and then boomeranged past us on their way back up.

Perhaps not this season, though - they've got no bloody players yet!

:duntmatter:

I can see derby finishing above us this season. Wonder if it's possible to get odds on this? 

• Haha 3

Said it for years everything about this club financially and in terms of planning is short term, sticking plasters. 

Even the recruitment this year highlights that (which I am contextually happy with, I believe we need older players to get us promoted) but we have no faith in our ability to improve players and add value to them and I think it's a fitting metaphor for the way the club is run.

It's hard to ever see the evidence of us investing in the medium to long term future of the club. Everything seems like a season long reaction to our previous failings. We're chasing shadows in a lot of ways and there's no surprise why much smaller teams historically continually show us up off the pitch and on it. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I can see derby finishing above us this season. Wonder if it's possible to get odds on this? 

I'd be surprised.

They've literally got five players as things stand.

Yes, they'll be free to spend and I'm sure they'll be a bit of a draw for players at this level, but by the time they get a squad together, the season will be upon them.

I could see them having a season similar to ours last year and competing for top six after a slow-ish start, but I expect us to be pushing for a top two slot.

• Like 1

Not really sure why the examiner felt the need to print it. There’s nothing we don’t already know about it that probably isn’t common news anyway. 

We are where we are and we all know why. Until he goes we gotta make the best of it and focus on improving. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hate this way of thinking

The exact same phrases were used under every previous owner too from Dave Allen to Chansiri

Dave Allen never owned the club.  At the time the club was owned by the shareholders.  We’ve only had two sole owners, Mandaric and Chansiri.

• Like 1