Worst financially performing club in Europe

10 minutes ago, marshy said:

Not really sure why the examiner felt the need to print it. There’s nothing we don’t already know about it that probably isn’t common news anyway. 

We are where we are and we all know why. Until he goes we gotta make the best of it and focus on improving. 

Yep, the accounts were published a while ago and reported on in the Star. There is nothing new here.

I'm really looking forward to the new season.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

The Chairman has made mistakes while he’s been here. Everyone knows that perhaps including the Chairman himself? It’s not about the past now, it’s about the future. Easy and simple thing to say but it’s true.

Now even the Chairman’s most harshest critics can’t say he hasn’t tried not to be as front of house as he once was? From the outside looking in he seems to be letting others take this role including the current manager.

And it’s the current manager who is key in all of this. He has an air of a man who’s comfortable with the task at hand and he wants to create an environment where everyone including the supporters feel a part of things.

There will be some particularly on here that will scrutinise everything he does with a fine tough comb but I believe if both we as supporters and the Chairman give this manage sufficient time then we’ll eventually start to move forward as a club.

The current situation isn’t great but we are where we are and no matter how much we talk about the reasons why we are, things won’t start to change for the better until we start to look to the future and the potential prospect of changing things for the better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Yikes that's horrific reading. And to say there's been topics created on here this summer praising him, the bloke is hopeless at running a football club there's no two ways about it. The list of balls ups since his era began is as long as my arm, even getting back into the championship wouldn't paper over the cracks of his tenure, it's been a shambles. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At end of the day they did a artical in star saying how we were having to tighten our belts and how we not soft touch any more wirh things and dc said they were looking to be more self stainable so dc knows it not good and need change 

• Like 3

We are top of the league say we are top of the league 

starting off as we mean to go on, with us topping all leagues this season 

Guest Willow Owl
6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Have you read the very poor article, i understand its a slow news day but please please, read it before printing it.

i am all for having a go at DC when it warranted but this article is a shocker. 

Worse performing team last year, so 2021, nope

talks about the points deduction in 20/21 season (not year but season), then talks about the pandemic which was the season before 19/20 again not last year but 2-3 years ago.

then talks about last season but no reference of who been included as there 92 teams in the English leagues, presumably the same in Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland, Portugal, not to mentions all the league in Bulgaria, Romania, Norway, Sweden etc 185 teams looks to me like a selective sample to make a point.

I suspect we have the English league, the Germany France, Italian and Spanish top flight and gasp shock, horror a team not getting £90m for turning up performs worse.

Totally agree, it’s a load of garbage.

Our accounts are public knowledge, have been signed off, no embargoes anymore.

There has been an obvious reset by the club in the the last 18 months and a plan in place.

Not forgetting D.C. mistakes but time for fans to look forward rather than continually raking up old news. 
Just my opinion

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Absolutely disgraceful, embarrassing. Chansiri really has messed this club up. Seeing people giving him praise banging on about how he has learnt his lesson is sickening after what he has done. 

Yeah but most of us would have been moaning hadn't we signed likes of Hooper, Pudil, Forestieri and others when he first come in. 

Imagine reaction had he said 'well I don't want club overspending so we'll be looking at free transfers, loans and try to bring a few youngsters through. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1