Worst financially performing club in Europe

18 minutes ago, Nero said:

I normally dont go in for local journo bashing but this is story EXACTLY what responsible outlets shouldnt do.

Take some poorly researched biased rubbish from a two bit outlet.

Dont fact check it.

And give it momentum by putting it on a more trusted media forum where it gets into the mainstream.

Its indefensible.

Fair point

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Bit of a non storey, so some journo has looked at all the figures and figured out a way to show how much we are losing. Guess you could use a different model and someone else will be bottom.

We all knew we were losing money. Its about now and the future and all the signs are we have got our act together  and moving forward.

As of now would rather be in our position than Derby and many other clubs.

Starting on the ground floor so to speak?

8 hours ago, El Toro said:

Do we get a trophy for that?

If it were Dem Blavges they'd have one made especially and it would have been added to their honours board already!

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Absolutely disgraceful, embarrassing. Chansiri really has messed this club up. Seeing people giving him praise banging on about how he has learnt his lesson is sickening after what he has done. 

People banging on with insulting and arguably libellous comments about the one man who has ensured we still exist, are, I'm sure, faultless in their own lives, but could easily run a football club with the total imbalance of sense and money.  DC can stand up and say 'f*** the lot of you' and shut the place down.  Who will we be supporting then?  Rotherham?  Barnsley?

Really pi**es me off seeing the bandwagon jumping.  So things could be better, but I'm sure the moaners will come up with a plan that will work, and buy him out, if that's what they want.

I'm moving forward with what we have, optimistically, as there's nowhere else to go, and actually things are looking quite good for 22/23 - I might suggest we all do the same, but anyone is free to support another club if they want.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

People banging on with insulting and arguably libellous comments about the one man who has ensured we still exist, are, I'm sure, faultless in their own lives, but could easily run a football club with the total imbalance of sense and money.  DC can stand up and say 'f*** the lot of you' and shut the place down.  Who will we be supporting then?  Rotherham?  Barnsley?

Really pi**es me off seeing the bandwagon jumping.  So things could be better, but I'm sure the moaners will come up with a plan that will work, and buy him out, if that's what they want.

I'm moving forward with what we have, optimistically, as there's nowhere else to go, and actually things are looking quite good for 22/23 - I might suggest we all do the same, but anyone is free to support another club if they want.  

And before anyone says that 'we're the laughing stock of the football world', we're not - no-one could a stuff and everyone has more pressing problems

• Thanks 1

Guest Wonky Owl

Fake news. Chansiri sorted it nah cos you are back buying class players again like Smith and Vaulks. (Soz mini pigs lol)

Be reyt.:Chansiri:

From a Manchester City fan.

3 hours ago, hangonrose said:

Agreed.

They are all bad customers.:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Bit of a non storey, so some journo has looked at all the figures and figured out a way to show how much we are losing. Guess you could use a different model and someone else will be bottom.

We all knew we were losing money. Its about now and the future and all the signs are we have got our act together  and moving forward.

As of now would rather be in our position than Derby and many other clubs.

There’s absolutely no difference between us and Derby apart from Chansiri is still writing the cheques.

With a global recession on the horizon don’t kid yourself that we couldn’t be in exactly the same state.

With the ground in a different company we’d be exactly the same car crash.

Edited by JemmoJemoJemmo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hangonrose said:

Ensured we still exist!?!?

Hes the one that’s got us into this mess!

• Like 3

Just look at some of the top teams in that table though, they are hardly Man Utd or Chelsea etc...  What it shows is how much money DC has pumped into the club and continues to do so, football clubs don't make any sort of business sense, not many people have bought football clubs and made money, they are play toys for the super rich, a status symbol, rich people own cars, really rich own yachts and planes, super rich own sports teams.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gotta say it's been a while since we've had a 'careful what you wish for' AND a 'if you don't like it then find the money and buy the club yourself' points in the very same post

Quite remarkable and a hark back to the bizarre days of the Uberfan style posters

There was almost a 'Get T'Lane' in there too which would have given us a full house 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, hangonrose said:

Gotta say it's been a while since we've had a 'careful what you wish for' AND a 'if you don't like it then find the money and buy the club yourself' points in the very same post

Quite remarkable and a hark back to the bizarre days of the Uberfan style posters

There was very nearly a 'Get T'Lane' in there too which would have given us a full house 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

The single most wankerish post ever on Owlstalk!

You can elaborate you know 

Explain which bits you disagree with and give us some detail instead of just the personal attacks all the time 

Anyone can go onto a forum and post a single sentence personal attack but it just makes them look really silly 

Put your side of the argument forward and tell him why he’s wrong and provide details as to why and what he’s got wrong 

If your argument is strong and you’re right then you should be able to prove so in a proper discussion 

Give him your wisdom not your abuse 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

22 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Never like these comparisons when they pick an arbitrary number to sample 185?

There are 92 teams in the English league alone. Probably close to the 185 in the UK and Ireland leagues.

What about the other 1,000 teams in the European leagues?

Very poor article, we all know the state of our finances, but its a very odd random selection of criteria , as others have said nothing new so  why now ?, Slow day for journno under pressure from boss to submit a storey,  

• Like 2

Well I’ve criticised dc like most hell of a lot over last few yrs and rightfully so given where we are now and where we was when he purchased the club! But never thought I’d say this atm I’m ok with him still owning and more importantly funding the club , because no matter how bad it’s been on this roller coaster of a ride so far it COULD have ended up far worse? And maybe still will if dc decided that’s it I’m off? So atm through these hard financially tough times he’s still trying and funding a push to get out of this division. Let’s hope he’s learned the hard way and now trying to run us more financially stable 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Where does the article say this?

How many professional football clubs do you think there are there in Europe, just 185 or quite a lot more? 

Why doesn’t the article make any assessment of the other 800+ clubs?

Wednesday won’t have been anywhere near the worst performing out of all the clubs in Europe, many of the biggest clubs have debts the size of a small country!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Key said:

How many professional football clubs do you think there are there in Europe, just 185 or quite a lot more? 

Why doesn’t the article make any assessment of the other 800+ clubs?

My understand is that it's because this particular sub-analysis excluded any clubs that had recorded transfer income as part of their annual turnover. That's not the same as saying Wednesday are 185th out of 1,000. Happy to be corrected 

As for your second question... they did make an assessment on the other 800+. It just so happens that in this subanalysis, those other 800 were excluded for the stipulation above.

• Like 1