David Stockdale

It took BPF about 10 games to look a good keeper.  I think we just need to accept that we're going to let in lots and lots of goals for the first 10 games, but the overall benefit of that is understanding our own weaknesses for the rest of the season thereafter.

I'll judge Stockdale from game 11 onwards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, vulva said:

Some people had made their mind up on Stockdale before he played. Give the bloke a chance ffs. 

No will cost Wednesday a goal a match not fit enough Wednesday have always had good keepers not this one 

Worrying thing for me is they aren’t mistakes as such . A mistake for a keeper is where he fumbles one or it goes under his legs . To me he genuinely isn’t able to move quickly , not flexible  and that won’t change . It’s ok him being decent on the ball and a good talker but I want him to be able to save shots . 

to me he’s got a bit of a Stephen bywater about him

7 minutes ago, Manwë said:

It took BPF about 10 games to look a good keeper.  I think we just need to accept that we're going to let in lots and lots of goals for the first 10 games, but the overall benefit of that is understanding our own weaknesses for the rest of the season thereafter.

Didn’t he save a penalty 2 penalties in his first 10 games?

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

BPF started brilliantly then started a bad spell, accept letting in lots of goals? Not sure of your thinking mate.

40 minutes ago, malek said:

Good with his feet, but glued to the goal line. Didn't do anything really wrong, but nothing to inspire confidence as well.

His lack of agility contributed to the first two goals .....they wernt bullet headers and I doubt there keeper would have let them in .....he looked what he is an overweight veteran and sadly he played like one 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

We signed a 36 year old journeyman lower league keeper. 

What did people expect?

Not for me, never was.

6 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

We signed a 36 year old journeyman lower league keeper. 

What did people expect?

Not for me, never was.

Exactly what the hell are Wednesday recruitment team doing better goal keepers in Sunday league 

Slightly harsh on Stockdale I feel. First goal was right in the corner, and the second looked like it bounced off the crossbar, hit him and went in... just unlucky. 

Too early to judge after one game playing with an entirely new defence

Just now, 1966 said:

Exactly what the hell are Wednesday recruitment team doing better goal keepers in Sunday league 

I'm willing to let him prove me wrong, I've just got this feeling, he will end up on the bench sooner rather than later.

Dawson a better option for me 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Worrying thing for me is they aren’t mistakes as such . A mistake for a keeper is where he fumbles one or it goes under his legs . To me he genuinely isn’t able to move quickly , not flexible  and that won’t change . It’s ok him being decent on the ball and a good talker but I want him to be able to save shots . 

to me he’s got a bit of a Stephen bywater about him

100% this

21 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Not sure BPF ever looked a good keeper 

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

His lack of agility contributed to the first two goals .....they wernt bullet headers and I doubt there keeper would have let them in .....he looked what he is an overweight veteran and sadly he played like one 

Thought there keeper looked poor me, especially first half , how many times did he slice his kicks out of play