SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You could also say selling players too cheap contributed to where we are now

Antonnio to Forest for 1 million, they then sell him for 14 million was it?

Another was Darko Kovacevic, we bought him for a million only for him to move on fro 14 million not long after

We have a history of having our pants pulled down when sell a player

Carbone, Di Canio, Hincliffe, and Yonk are a few more we brought in for large fees and let them go for next to nothing

It's about time we told teams where to go

We had a 25% sell on clause with that Kovasovic deal but never got it paid by Juventus of all people 

Dicanios another we should have handled better and sold for more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, joe said:

Anyone that would sell Windass, our most creative player, at this stage of the season, needs to see someone.

The cost of replacing a player of his ability would be ridiculous, I think some people think players of similar ability grow on tress or you can just pick up for a few 100k, he’s worth more getting us promoted than anyone would be sensibly offering. 

The gamble is you don’t go up and lose him for not very much, baring in mind the year option we have. But that is the sensible thing to do.

Unless a ridiculous ridiculous offer comes in its madness to just say sell him.

If he gets injured again you might need to see someone 

Our most creative player 

lol

That title belongs to Sir Baz of McBannan 

Unless we sign Ronaldo later 

It's taken 3 seasons to get a squad as complete and balanced as the one we have this year.

I'm in no rush to sell players and diminish that work. I'm sure Moore and Chansiri feel the same given the time and money put into assembling this squad.

Everyone has their price, but at this stage of the window that price needs to be astronomical and not sure the suitors for our players are operating in that financial space. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This squad gets us promoted 

selling our better players will weaken our chances 

theres only brown who I would sell and even then he’s show signs of improvement not that I think he will ever be a first team regular 

Alex Hunt is a player I like but at 22 how much more improvement will we see and are we more likely to sign someone else than give him a regular chance especially if we get promoted 

these are the players where I think we could get a fee for now with sell on options and bonus options on appearance, games, promotions etc…. Because are they realistically going to break into our team this season or next and if not let’s try and stack up a deal that might give us a return if not now later on 

all the others looking to breakthrough get them on loan and hopefully they come back with 30 games experience 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fpowl said:

This squad gets us promoted 

selling our better players will weaken our chances 

theres only brown who I would sell and even then he’s show signs of improvement not that I think he will ever be a first team regular 

Alex Hunt is a player I like but at 22 how much more improvement will we see and are we more likely to sign someone else than give him a regular chance especially if we get promoted 

these are the players where I think we could get a fee for now with sell on options and bonus options on appearance, games, promotions etc…. Because are they realistically going to break into our team this season or next and if not let’s try and stack up a deal that might give us a return if not now later on 

all the others looking to breakthrough get them on loan and hopefully they come back with 30 games experience 

IMO Hunt will be off either in January or at the end of the season. Can't really see him breaking into the side, sad to say.

29 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

If he gets injured again you might need to see someone 

Our most creative player 

lol

That title belongs to Sir Baz of McBannan 

Unless we sign Ronaldo later 

Let’s not let this seasons stats get in the way…..

A54D1DB9-242B-470B-AA26-E1EF9951DB80.jpeg.a8f2954a4c25d4c591e6abb1ac42f884.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

IMO Hunt will be off either in January or at the end of the season. Can't really see him breaking into the side, sad to say.

If he's not good enough then he doesn't deserve a place. From the last game he doesn't look ready, techically gifted but there's something missing. I thought it was because he's still like a boy but he's muscled up a fair bit.

I'd love to see him succeed but at 22 he needs games. If we do get promoted he's going to be further away from the first team.

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Another was Darko Kovacevic, we bought him for a million only for him to move on fro 14 million not long after

We paid Red Star £2.7m (£5m for him and Dejan Stefanovic in total) and got same amount when he quickly moved on to Real Sociedad, plus £2m from a sell on when he then went to Juventus

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

This is my point exactly 

even if we stayed down this year, lost deli bashiru on a free, bannan retired and adreinan was out for the season I think we would still sign players to play ahead of him and that tells me where we are with him I think he will have a good career and might even make championship in the future but sadly he’s been trying to break into a team a compete against a fantastic competitive midfield with his key competition being Barry bannan. 

you could call him unlucky but he’s 23 in May and the lad needs regular football otherwise he will end up being 26 /27 with about 60 appearances and most of them being in lower league loans 

11 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

500k for Panuche Camara or 50k for Bakinson….one certainly isn’t ten times better than the other. Tractor boys pants are down. 

Camara is a standout player at this level but Bakinson is a smart bit of business on our part.

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You could also say selling players too cheap contributed to where we are now

Antonnio to Forest for 1 million, they then sell him for 14 million was it?

We have a history of having our pants pulled down when sell a player

Carbone, Di Canio, Hincliffe, and Yonk are a few more we brought in for large fees and let them go for next to nothing

It's about time we told teams where to go

i think your numbers are wrong for antonio /kovacevic and jonk /hinchcliffe both retired thru injury 

• Like 2