SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

9 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

To be fair same league as us and still on fat Celtic wages. 

Any idea what the ‘fat wages’ are?

And we’re now having to pretend that Morecambe on loan is a good move.  

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 1

It’s a little disappointing that despite all the promise the juniors showed when they won the cup a few seasons ago …. None of them have really fulfilled their promise

They are heading toward their mid twenties now and scrambling around the lower reaches or or still being loaned out hoping something will click

Has to be said United's Academy is massively more productive 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Very probably and likely better than any of our own 21 year old players too.

Doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s totally overrated by our fan base. The pathetic meltdown when he went to Celtic made me laugh. He’s bobbar! Will probably get sent off against is!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Owls Analytics said:

Shaw's move to Celtic is still a no brainer in my eyes. Higher guaranteed salary until 2025, better coaching and facilities. Even when things haven't gone well he's ended up with a loan to the same league we're in. Even if he was here still there would be 0 guarantee he jumps into starting 11. Struggling to see a downside currently.

No disputing his financial benefit at the expense of any meaningful compensation to Wednesday.He’s been playing in the highland league rather than champ or league one for the last 18 months. It’s taken him til yesterday to get back to League one. I wouldn’t mind him back at Wednesday in the future though I think he had some potential and good physicality 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s totally overrated by our fan base. The pathetic meltdown when he went to Celtic made me laugh. He’s bobbar! Will probably get sent off against is!!

The meltdown was OTT agreed. His career however is in its infancy still as a 21 year old and for me too early to be writing him off as rubbish. He's doing alright for himself so far though and the loan to Morcambe might well prove to be a good development  stepping stone. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

That is some come down, I know people were bitter when he left but he wouldn’t be anywhere near our current squad.

Had Liam Shaw stayed then we (probably) wouldn’t have signed Adeniran or Wing Shaw would have got the opportunities that Adeniran / Wing got.

Speculating on form and fitness, a season on then Shaw could now be a first team regular having established himself whilst Byers / Luongo were out of the side. Alternatively, regular game time could have exposed frailties and he could be back with the U23 or looking at a L2 loan. All ifs and buts, whatever, it’s harsh to say he wouldn’t be anywhere near the current squad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

Had Liam Shaw stayed then we (probably) wouldn’t have signed Adeniran or Wing Shaw would have got the opportunities that Adeniran / Wing got.

Speculating on form and fitness, a season on then Shaw could now be a first team regular having established himself whilst Byers / Luongo were out of the side. Alternatively, regular game time could have exposed frailties and he could be back with the U23 or looking at a L2 loan. All ifs and buts, whatever, it’s harsh to say he wouldn’t be anywhere near the current squad.

Im just going on the player I saw at the time compared to those that have followed. He obviously hasn’t kicked on or he wouldn’t be hoping to revive his career at Morecambe. I didn’t particularly have an issue with him leaving at the time the club was in a mess, though I did think it was a strange move on Celtic’s part as he had only had a few decent performances and looked by no means a world beater, it was more Pulis and his assistant I took umbrage with.

• Like 1

We’ll only truly be able to assess our window once we see how they perform over the season. But in terms of buying quality players in the right positions I don’t think we could have expected much better. 

We kept hold of all our key players, and getting money for Sow and moving Hunt on were positives too.

If I’m being picky we could’ve done with fixing up some of the younger fringe players with loans but you can’t have everything. 

3 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

The meltdown was OTT agreed. His career however is in its infancy still as a 21 year old and for me too early to be writing him off as rubbish. He's doing alright for himself so far though and the loan to Morcambe might well prove to be a good development  stepping stone. 

Good post. You may be right!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Barnsley key player Callum Styles signs new contract extension and is loaned out to Millwall.

Barnsley fans fuming. Basically he’s decided he’s too good for league one but will give Barnsley the opportunity to get promoted before deciding to leave permanently.

Strange move but I suppose to protect asset should he do well at Millwall. 

Searching through the comments, they have cleared quite few players out and their fans seem angry!