SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

31 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Unless they are planning to play Byers or FDB as wingers I can’t see it having any effect to be honest. 

Looks like they already replaced Bowler by signing Poveda from Leeds. 

Leaves them with a hefty amount to spend before the window closes. 

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Blackpool have accepted an offer for Josh Bowler. May have some knock on effect here. 

It won’t 

DC won’t even negotiate a cheap deal with Grimsby for A.Hunt , how much u reckon would take for him to even pick up phone about FDB or Byers 

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

A key reason why we are playing in League 1 is our failure to sell players for decent money. Plenty of clubs have plenty of cash slushing around and we should cash in on a couple. 

Who would you sell at this point ?

35 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It won’t 

DC won’t even negotiate a cheap deal with Grimsby for A.Hunt , how much u reckon would take for him to even pick up phone about FDB or Byers 

Absolutely, can’t disagree with any of that. 

39 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It won’t 

Considering that all 3 players are out of contract in the Summer I hope that He knows what He is doing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Who would you sell at this point ?

Without knowing the deals and offers I the table that’s a difficult one. But in the face of it Windass would be one, DBashiru another. Both can clearly play but Windass has had injury issues and seems to be linked with moves every 2 minutes. FDB is out of contract very soon. Either sign one, or auction him off. 

Use a % of the proceeds to bring in the next Windass and FDB. 

Let’s not make the same mistakes we made that got us here. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

Without knowing the deals and offers I the table that’s a difficult one. But in the face of it Windass would be one, DBashiru another. Both can clearly play but Windass has had injury issues and seems to be linked with moves every 2 minutes. FDB is out of contract very soon. Either sign one, or auction him off. 

You could also say selling players too cheap contributed to where we are now

Antonnio to Forest for 1 million, they then sell him for 14 million was it?

Another was Darko Kovacevic, we bought him for a million only for him to move on fro 14 million not long after

We have a history of having our pants pulled down when sell a player

Carbone, Di Canio, Hincliffe, and Yonk are a few more we brought in for large fees and let them go for next to nothing

It's about time we told teams where to go

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Another was Darko Kovacevic, we bought him for a million only for him to move on fro 14 million not long after

Carbone, Di Canio, Hincliffe, and Yonk are a few more we brought in for large fees and let them go for next to nothing

I’m not suggesting selling them cheap. 

Reach is a prime example. We should have cashed in when he was pinging it in from 30 yards every week. In reality, he was never going to get any better than that period. We need to start maximizing the value of players when they are wanted. Players are commodities. Not family. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’m not suggesting selling them cheap. 

Reach is a prime example. We should have cashed in when he was pinging it in from 30 yards every week. In reality, he was never going to get any better than that period. We need to start maximizing the value of players when they are wanted. Players are commodities. Not family. 

Got agree with this there is no guarantee that we get promoted so the like of windass will not be here next season if we don't get promoted rumours of 2 million plus we should be snapping there hands of .

50 minutes ago, vulva said:

If we’re talking big £££ I’d be with you,  but to lose those players at this point I think would massively de-rail a promotion challenge 

All players have a price, but it’s guesswork as to what DC thinks likes of Windass is worth,  I genuinely think he’d want £3.5 minimum and don’t think anyone pays that until he’s proved his fitness 

44 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Antonio was more like sold for £1.7m then Forest sold on for £7m but I take your point.

I think in some ways being a big club has held us back. We hold onto players for too long because we have a mentality that we’re not a selling club and should be fighting for promotion therefore can’t sell anybody.

Unlike our porcine neighbours who somehow managed to steal a million quid apiece for the likes of Wayne Quinn and Jordan Slew who were both absolute tripe.

• Like 1

Anyone that would sell Windass, our most creative player, at this stage of the season, needs to see someone.

The cost of replacing a player of his ability would be ridiculous, I think some people think players of similar ability grow on tress or you can just pick up for a few 100k, he’s worth more getting us promoted than anyone would be sensibly offering. 

The gamble is you don’t go up and lose him for not very much, baring in mind the year option we have. But that is the sensible thing to do.

Unless a ridiculous ridiculous offer comes in its madness to just say sell him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1