SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Just now, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

He did ok didn’t he tbh . 8 in 31 with 4 assists . Took him a while to get going but i genuinely would be reasonably happy if he re signed till the end of the season 

him not having a pre season though would be an issue 

Im convinced that the Dean deal will get sorted. I dont believe we try to last the season with just Henegan as central CH of a back 3. Its not the game of any of our other defenders. 

The Famewo injury might also bring Gibson back into the equation but at least we have Palmer to cover.

On 06/08/2022 at 07:41, Bloxwich Owl said:

Pompey have completed the signing of 24-year-old midfielder Tom Lowery.

The Crewe academy graduate has put pen to paper on a three-year deal following his departure from the Railwaymen.

Hes a decent player. Suprised gone to Pompey.

5 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

If Palmer is going to cover cb then we will need someone to cover rwb. Although that might suit Iorfa too 

What makes you think Iorfa could play wing back ?  The biggest reason he can’t play in a back 3 for me is his woeful distribution 

He’s a straight up standard centre half in a 2 for me, and a very out of form one at that 

We don’t seem to be panicking and TBH that’s one of the things I like about Moore. Despite all the issues he’s had to deal with particularly with injuries he hasn’t made any hasty decisions and I think we’ve benefited for this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

What makes you think Iorfa could play wing back ?  The biggest reason he can’t play in a back 3 for me is his woeful distribution 

He’s a straight up standard centre half in a 2 for me, and a very out of form one at that 

He played as a right back for most of his career and when he first signed here. 

Just having a look at players in the last year of contracts at CB and CF. Could be tempted to cash in dem chips:-

CB

Lewis Gibson (22, Everton) - Here last year, know what he can do. Injuries though.

Matthew Pennington (27, Shrewsbury) - Plenty of League 1 and Championship experience. 15th in interceptions last year in L1.

Jack Fitzwater (24, Livingston) - In the top 10 for almost all the defensive stats last year in the Scottish Prem.

Macaulay Gillesphey (26, Plymouth) - Top 10 in tackles and 14th in clearances last year.

Jordan Thorniley (25, Blackpool) - Played here before, got promoted from L1 before. Can also play on the left if short.

Michael Rose (26, Coventry) - Plenty of L1 and Championship level. Not played for Coventry yet this season.

CF

Luke Jephcott (22, Plymouth) - A goal every three games last year in L1.

Paul Glatzel (21, Liverpool) - Involved in a goal every 3 games at Tranmere last year. They're prepared to loan him out again.

Ryan Hardie (25, Plymouth) - A goal every two games last year, finished with 16.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Just having a look at players in the last year of contracts at CB and CF. Could be tempted to cash in dem chips:-

CB

Lewis Gibson (22, Everton) - Here last year, know what he can do. Injuries though.

Matthew Pennington (27, Shrewsbury) - Plenty of League 1 and Championship experience. 15th in interceptions last year in L1.

Jack Fitzwater (24, Livingston) - In the top 10 for almost all the defensive stats last year in the Scottish Prem.

Macaulay Gillesphey (26, Plymouth) - Top 10 in tackles and 14th in clearances last year.

Jordan Thorniley (25, Blackpool) - Played here before, got promoted from L1 before. Can also play on the left if short.

Michael Rose (26, Coventry) - Plenty of L1 and Championship level. Not played for Coventry yet this season.

CF

Paul Glatzel (21, Liverpool) - Involved in a goal every 3 games at Tranmere last year. They're prepared to loan him out again.

Ryan Hardie (25, Plymouth) - A goal every two games last year, finished with 16.

Think rose / thorniley or Gillespie be great at cb . 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

CB

CF

Believe Fitzwater and DM crossed paths at WBA, fwiw 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I think one striker with genuine pace/trickery is required, however that is dependent upon how long Smith is likely to be out for.

I agree we need a centre half, and after Famewo's likely long term injury yesterday, that HAS to be somebody capable of playing LCB...which probably rules Dean out tbf.

Our current centre half options are... RCB - Ihiekwe, Palmer. DC - Heneghan, Iorfa. LCB - Famewo (injured), Palmer

And I think we need an genuine alternative to Hunt. Palmer isn't, has never been and will never be a wing back. Palmer is now a wide centre half in either the RCB or LCB position. We haven't replaced Mendez-Laing yet...the attacking alternative, or option from the bench to potentially change the game. 

LCB, RWB (who's strength lies in attacking) and a forward (with pace/trickery). 

I don't know much about Kyle Joseph, but seeing that he has played as a striker and as a right-sided midfielder, could he be the potential striker and cover for Hunt? (much in the same way we tried Corbeanu/NML there as attacking options at various points last season).