SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

8 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I don't know much about Kyle Joseph, but seeing that he has played as a striker and as a right-sided midfielder, could he be the potential striker and cover for Hunt? (much in the same way we tried Corbeanu/NML there as attacking options at various points last season).

Potentially, although I don't think he's played as a wing back all that often. Think he's probably done it on occasions, to do a job rather him been genuinely versatile and comfortable in the role.

That said, if Moore sees him as that, then it probably does open up the possibility of another forward player...so maybe Wilks won't be dead in the water, even if we end up bringing Joseph in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesteel. said:

He played as a right back for most of his career and when he first signed here. 

Your right, he came through at Wolves as a right back played 20 odd games before they sent him out on loan ,   Not sure you could say he’s played most of his career there , made it quite clear a few times he sees himself as a centre half I think aswell 

I’d have a major concern over his ability with the ball at his feet to have him at RWB,  his distribution is absolutely shocking and one of main reasons he can’t play in a DM back 3 

42 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I don't know much about Kyle Joseph, but seeing that he has played as a striker and as a right-sided midfielder, could he be the potential striker and cover for Hunt? (much in the same way we tried Corbeanu/NML there as attacking options at various points last season).

No I don’t think so. He’s played right wing not RWB where he has to defend. 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Your right, he came through at Wolves as a right back played 20 odd games before they sent him out on loan ,   Not sure you could say he’s played most of his career there , made it quite clear a few times he sees himself as a centre half I think aswell 

I’d have a major concern over his ability with the ball at his feet to have him at RWB,  his distribution is absolutely shocking and one of main reasons he can’t play in a DM back 3 

He has played more games there than he has cb. He was ok at rb for us, looked quite comical but was very fast and got a few goals.

It wouldn’t be my preference but if we don’t sign anyone else and Famewo is injured. If Palmer plays centrally and anything happens to hunt then it leaves Iorfa or adeniran/dele bashiru who are more about pace and power than the final ball. Whilst I wouldn’t expect decent deliveries we saw when sticking Reda at left back to keep him out of trouble he was formidable and got a few goals at the back post 

Hate this summer window, hanging around a month into the season waiting for clubs to release players on loan or agents telling their clients to wait for offers to increase as club’s get desperate.   Just close the window before the season starts! Or at worst a week into it.  Really not sure who benefits from the window closing after a month of fixtures have already been played.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Mike Bassett said:

Former owls youngster Basille Zottos signs for Ossett United, think he's the third released young player to get fixed up after Waldock (Gainsborough Trinity) and Alex  Bonnington (Duke University). 

Danny Wassell also signed for Ossett Utd earlier in the summer

Duke University?  That's a new one on me.  Googled the name and came up with a school in Durham, North Carolina

Have to assume things are happening, but apart from Joseph and Wilks no names in the public domain. But then Bakinson signing did come out of nowehere 

I saw Diamond may be going out on loan, a player we should have a look at. Maybe we can have a word with Sunderland on Wednesday when we play them :ph34r:

Blackpool centre-back Richard Keogh is ‘set to join’ Ipswich Town, reports The Gazette.

Keogh, 35, only joined Blackpool last summer. The Irishman featured 29 times in the Championship and quickly became a favoured name among fans for his commanding performances in defence.

The transfer saga surrounding Sheffield Wednesday forward Sylla Sow might finally be coming to an end. Reports in the Netherlands have today suggested De Graafschap have ended their interest in Sow.

The Dutch second tier club have pushed hard to try and reach an agreement with the Owls over a deal to sign Sow on a permanent deal in the past three weeks. Peter Bijvelds, De Graafschap’s technical manager, has spoken publicly about pursuit of Sow and the club had hoped to complete the transfer last Friday.

6 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

The transfer saga surrounding Sheffield Wednesday forward Sylla Sow might finally be coming to an end. Reports in the Netherlands have today suggested De Graafschap have ended their interest in Sow.

The Dutch second tier club have pushed hard to try and reach an agreement with the Owls over a deal to sign Sow on a permanent deal in the past three weeks. Peter Bijvelds, De Graafschap’s technical manager, has spoken publicly about pursuit of Sow and the club had hoped to complete the transfer last Friday.

Looks like we’re stuck with him then. Might not be a bad thing as he’ll score the odd goal or two but he’s nothing more than a squad player IMO?

12 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Can't for the life of me understand why we would want to keep him. Strange. 

• Like 5