owls in the park cancelled

will this event ever take place again? incredibly the excuse given is the pandemic . yet we pilled in to hillsborough for last 2 games of the season  many have had photos with the players etc but excuse is supporters getting too close to the players at owls in the park will result in an outbreak at the club.  you just cant make it up. 

• Like 7

That's really disappointing if true.

Probably the best thing we've consistently done as a club under Chansiri.

Even non football fans enjoy it, and that bit of effort/ giving back to the local community goes a long way.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Maybe Darren Moore is still pretty cautious due to his own health issues and the effect he saw on the squad last season.

So I compeltely respect the decision even if I was looking forward to it.

As someone who lost some very close people to COVID, I completely get the point, but surely there's a better workaround!

Put players in a lounge in an environment you can control queuing/ crowds better, have any member of staff (including DM) at higher risk exempt from going. Don't cancel it altogether!

As big as the queues are for players, I'd guess around 70% of those attending over the years couldn't give a monkeys about selfies, autographs etc. 

Edited by musingowl
Grammar
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

If that's their view on the situation you have to accept it, you think that things are back to normal but they're not, the virus is still out there, so better to be safe than sorry, 

Restrictions have been totally lifted though and the virus is no more than a cold now. Given there’s no requirement to self isolate anymore it wouldn’t even matter if a player caught it as they could still train the next day or play with it. Ridiculous to be cancelling things for it at this point

Better to be safe than sorry I suppose. It's a fantastic event, but have to respect the club's decision.

Maybe there are other things the club can do to engage with the fans, perhaps around pre season games with more off field entertainment to make a day of it. Q&A sessions with players, more media output, open training session, training sessions for kids on the pitch??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's only right that it's been cancelled.  Omicron?  Maybe, but if it went ahead, then it would be the Owlicron variant and we'd be responsible for anything that happened, morally, but perhaps even legally.

Right now, whole cities in China are in lockdown.  North Korea is going to the wall after they report several hundred thousand cases of a "flu like" condition.  Ukraine.   Do you want that on your conscience?

Stay Indoors, Stay Safe.  

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Manwë said:

It's only right that it's been cancelled.  Omicron?  Maybe, but if it went ahead, then it would be the Owlicron variant and we'd be responsible for anything that happened, morally, but perhaps even legally.

Right now, whole cities in China are in lockdown.  North Korea is going to the wall after they report several hundred thousand cases of a "flu like" condition.  Ukraine.   Do you want that on your conscience?

Stay Indoors, Stay Safe.  

Stay indoors stay safe..? You aren’t a civil servant are you...for the rest of us we have to go out and earn a crust

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Probably could have used the stadium to host some kind of Covid safe event, something like just watching the players train with opportunities for socially distanced photos after. A bit of a shame they've pulled the plug on it completely. 

It's enough watching our players get injured on that pitch on a matchday, nevermind an event to watch them train and do the same

• Haha 1

Had people listened and followed government guidelines to the letter, we would not be speaking about Covid 2 years later, I lost my mother in Sept cos of covid, I had it in July 2021 even though I was always wearing a mask and had all the jabs, and believe me it's not a common cold, with me who has underlying health issues it's the last thing I wanted, I felt I was drowning, some don't even know they had it, so keep your guard up. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1