owls in the park cancelled

Timing could be the issue ..... Our season finished late & kicks off 2 weeks early ...... First game in division 1 is scheduled for Sky on Friday 29th July & we also have player & staff holidays, pre-season training & pre season friendlies to fit in before then ...... As well as the park being unavailable for the 2 weeks it takes to prepare & host Tramlines!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

It’s crap anyway. £20 for a go on a bouncy castle and an ice cream and 2 hours of queuing. 

You've been doing it wrong if that’s your experience 

Owls In The Park is fantastic 

Hopefully a bigger and better one next summer!

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

So they don't train 2 weeks before the season starts I thought it was an important part of pre season

I think you've completely misunderstood what I said

I'm saying that if OitP was hosted next week, it could be argued it would be on as any covid outbreak wouldn't disrupt pre-season training as they're all on summer holidays. Whereas if it's hosted 2 weeks before the opening fixture then any covid outbreak would disrupt the final/key pre-season preparations and training sessions.

Not that I'm defending not having it for that reason, but that also seems a logical rationale doesn't it?

5 hours ago, Mr Meadows said:

Can’t see why anyone over the age of 12 would be disappointed by this event not going ahead

Should have taken into account the grown men in replica shirts, breathing all over our players whilst they take selfies with them, may be a bit upset too

10 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Should have taken into account the grown men in replica shirts, breathing all over our players whilst they take selfies with them, may be a bit upset too

Posting about men wanting to buy a replica shirt = 'LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!'

The blatant insecurity of people who take to the internet to hand out fashion advice to people who want to just buy a shirt and support their team is obvious in people like this

Obviously we should all just wear burberry, stone island and adidas samba and point at the West Stand

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I think you've completely misunderstood what I said

I'm saying that if OitP was hosted next week, it could be argued it would be on as any covid outbreak wouldn't disrupt pre-season training as they're all on summer holidays. Whereas if it's hosted 2 weeks before the opening fixture then any covid outbreak would disrupt the final/key pre-season preparations and training sessions.

Not that I'm defending not having it for that reason, but that also seems a logical rationale doesn't it?

the rules are all different now if you remember pre xmas all players had to stay away for 7-10 days then another batch of players in turn 3 weeks gap between games and little training.  its now a cold at worst so if 1-2 players get it they might be off training for 2-3 days if under the weather . its a known fact owls in the park costs a few quid to put on , in 3 years costs have risen we are in league 1 with a 10 million less revenue i think thats a more likely reason why its cancelled and probably for good . if it is cancelled for covid reasons then chansiri is even dafter than we think . 

5 minutes ago, morganowl said:

the rules are all different now if you remember pre xmas all players had to stay away for 7-10 days then another batch of players in turn 3 weeks gap between games and little training.  its now a cold at worst 

I appreciate the rules are different, but it's not "just a cold". I had it a couple of months back and was bedridden for two days (last time that happened to me was 1998)... my girlfriend was the following two days after catching it off me. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't dramatic or anything (I even saw the funny side), but if I was meant to be going to training or similar I'd probably miss the best part of a week. Having potentially multiple members of the squad missing a week of pre-season training in July, when the season starts earlier this year, just doesn't seem smart.

Again, I can't stress this enough, I think Covid is a lame excuse for not hosting OitP... but I can totally see why the justification given makes some sense. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Posting about men wanting to buy a replica shirt = 'LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!'

The blatant insecurity of people who take to the internet to hand out fashion advice to people who want to just buy a shirt and support their team is obvious in people like this

Obviously we should all just wear burberry, stone island and adidas samba and point at the West Stand

adidas samba 🤣