Peacock-Farrell

20 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I wouldn’t mind us looking at bringing in a more experienced keeper next season.

See, I understand where your coming from , but at what point do we stop looking for short term solutions ? 

We’ve had 2 young keepers here in Dawson and Wildsmith, who have both shown promise at various times but neither have really kicked on , we’ve not been willing to put the long term faith in either 

Wildsmith has had a wasted season, utterly pointless at his age to be sat in league one as a number 2,  Dawson goes out on loan gets promotion and rave reviews ….   But we’re still not really fancying him back here as No1 are we ?

It won’t go down well, but I really think Dawson’s biggest issue here is the fanbase , we don’t trust him , and he knows it , can he come back here and play with the confidence he’s had at Exeter 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

See, I understand where your coming from , but at what point do we stop looking for short term solutions ? 

We’ve had 2 young keepers here in Dawson and Wildsmith, who have both shown promise at various times but neither have really kicked on , we’ve not been willing to put the long term faith in either 

Wildsmith has had a wasted season, utterly pointless at his age to be sat in league one as a number 2,  Dawson goes out on loan gets promotion and rave reviews ….   But we’re still not really fancying him back here as No1 are we ?

It won’t go down well, but I really think Dawson’s biggest issue here is the fanbase , we don’t trust him , and he knows it , can he come back here and play with the confidence he’s had at Exeter 

You stop looking for short term solutions when you’re back in the Championship

Until then, just get up

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, BRUCE LEE said:

You stop looking for short term solutions when you’re back in the Championship

Until then, just get up

Disagree,   I think if the recruitment is done properly we can go back up to the championship with a nucleus of a squad that could compete up there , and not yet again be looking at a complete overhaul 

These summers of bringing 10/12 players in has gotta stop 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

In short, no, hes gunna get crucified after his 1st mistake, he was under no pressure at Exeter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

So the target was promotion then not just stability as some posters would have you believe 

Yes he volunteered something which obviously must have been the objective in the camp. 1-2 other players have also implied it. Those posters who said they were grateful/ would have been grateful for/ stability were not demanding enough. They had lower expectations than the players! We had an enormous squad.

We are all different…being excited by lots of goals against weak teams  and enjoying it in league 3 is understandable but the club ought not to escape from appropriate ambition nor from criticism for failure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Disagree,   I think if the recruitment is done properly we can go back up to the championship with a nucleus of a squad that could compete up there , and not yet again be looking at a complete overhaul 

These summers of bringing 10/12 players in has gotta stop 

Defensively we need and overhaul, way too many individual errors, one of the worst in the division from a stat I saw a few weeks ago, but will DM play a back 3 again?

9 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

I don't  get this 'Young Keeper' thing. All the top keepers have made massive strides by 25/26. Pickford just turned 28 and he has 50 England caps. People will still call Dawson and Wildsmith young at 26/27 no doubt when their names crop up this summer on these threads. Can someone tell me when a keeper is not 'young' anymore?

At my age anybody under 40 is young lol

The keeper situation once again highlights how badly run this club it 

Dawson on over £10k a week is shipped out to Exeter, where we pay nearly all of his wages. We bring in BPF and end up paying all of his wages, plus a loan fee too.

BPF does not instill confidence in the defence, you can see this by the amount of verbals he gets in games from our own players. Far too often his decision making brings more pressure on us. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

he could have got that experience here and we'd still be in the same division as when he left and he'd have 40 odd games under his belt at this level  and the club would know if he's the keeper to take us up next season  .....as it is he starts afresh next season and the club are none the wiser if can handle the pressure of being the boo boys favourite 

Hopefully though he'll be a better keeper for getting that full successful season under his belt. He'll come back fresh and more confident (in theory). That might not have happened if he'd been with Wednesday this season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

Would love to have him back next season. Grew in confidence as the season progressed. 

Having said that though, I'd love Dawson to come back and claim the number 1 shirt and get the same reviews he's had from Exeter. 

Dawson would be fine for us at L1, no point paying crazy loan fees and wages.

• Like 1

I’m not a massive fan of CD. 
But surely we have to give the lad a go and as a minimum keep him here as no 2 if we’re paying his wages. 
Get another keeper in and let them battle it out. JW not good enough. 

41 minutes ago, 0742 said:

The keeper situation once again highlights how badly run this club it 

Dawson on over £10k a week is shipped out to Exeter, where we pay nearly all of his wages. We bring in BPF and end up paying all of his wages, plus a loan fee too.

BPF does not instill confidence in the defence, you can see this by the amount of verbals he gets in games from our own players. Far too often his decision making brings more pressure on us. 

€10k is silly money if true

People talk about mistakes etc. The problem is when you take effectively a third choice keeper from the likes of a premier league club, he’s sent out to iron out those mistakes from his game. Eg he’s behind you. You have to take the rough with the smooth. If they were the complete article, they wouldn’t be here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

I’ll be very shocked if Dawson is number one 

Peacock Farrell was unbelievably comfortable with the ball at his feet - Dawson on the other hand is very ropey 

We need someone like BPF again

I have to say most supporters round me were very nervous when BP-F had the ball at his feet nd his distribution was mediocre at best.

He was good for us, think we'd have been worse off points wise if Wildsmith/Dawson were our number 1 for the whole season, made some big saves at big moments in games and obviously a very good penalty saver. Reckon we were 6-8 points better off for saves in tight games and penalty saves. Should go for Bazunu next season, won't feature at City but after his season with Portsmouth they might want to send him to the championship next time.