Peacock-Farrell

12 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

I’ll be very shocked if Dawson is number one 

Peacock Farrell was unbelievably comfortable with the ball at his feet - Dawson on the other hand is very ropey 

We need someone like BPF again

Call me old fashioned but I’d rather have my goalkeeper to do the basics right first? Catching,commanding positioning? He was average at all above ( maybe bit harsh) but as you say decent on the ball ? And that’s the modern game for you because they all want to play like the Man City’s of this world ? Honestly thought he was ok but expecting better ? Cheers bpf anyway 

13 hours ago, Dylan93 said:

Young keeper? He’s 26 this year! He’s not good enough. Not vocal enough, doesn’t command his area, kicking isn’t great, slow distrubution and drops a clanger. Decent on pens and that’s it. No go for me

Keepers are like any players, they have dips in form. You are only remembering his dips in form and not giving him credit for any of his highs of the same. He kept us in games a number of time and made key saves in games near the end of the season to allow us to take decent wins. If he had conceded at these times we may not have found the games so easy.

Like all players he has strengths and weaknesses. His distribution could often be better, but he's not Allison - over all id say for a championship and lower level keeper his distribution is fine. 
His ability in the air coming for crosses was suspect,  but he improved as the season went on. His shot stopping and coming out (1v1s) is very good. And this is bread and butter for keepers.

Over all he was a good keeper at this level and his record (facts) reflect that. 

Edited by Daizan10

7 hours ago, modboy said:

Be happy to give Dawson a go unless his wages are high (and we have offers for him).

As we've seen against us it's not too hard to get a decent gk in L1, especially with the pull of our club.

he may have some offers relative and keepers like the one one at wigan and portsmouth we can get a year loan, lets see. Dawson no mug in L1 but the style of distribution maybe Moores final call

7 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I have to say most supporters round me were very nervous when BP-F had the ball at his feet nd his distribution was mediocre at best.

You must sit near me. There’s a collective nervous breakdown every time the ball’s passed to him.