Peacock-Farrell

Overall think he did well for us this season. Had to adapt to playing it out from the back. Young keeper, going to make the odd mistake.

Good luck to him in his next move. Probably ready for a Championship club.

I think Dawson will be back as No.1 next season. 

167E7412-F896-4BDF-9D9D-7CCDEFB26894.jpeg

• Like 9

A bit like the team itself, his form picked up the more the season progressed. 

Some horrible mistakes in his first few months, but he deserves credit for not letting it ruin his season. 

Still has an occasional wobble but the kid will go onto have a good career. 

• Like 8

He’s a young keeper, and has some good traits about him 

but I honestly think we can do better there was far too many mistakes in his game it made me nervous as hell

i don’t think he was terrible not saying that at all 

but I’d like to think we have somebody we can be more confident in next year 

Maybe he will shine in a lower end champ where he’s going to be busier shot stopping and doesn’t have to play as much

good luck to the lad though 

• Like 1

I don't  get this 'Young Keeper' thing. All the top keepers have made massive strides by 25/26. Pickford just turned 28 and he has 50 England caps. People will still call Dawson and Wildsmith young at 26/27 no doubt when their names crop up this summer on these threads. Can someone tell me when a keeper is not 'young' anymore?

• Like 3

Amazing technical and physical ability in flashes as a keeper, but the lad needs games to get the basics right

I don’t want us to be the club where he makes his mistakes

There’s a big pool of keepers that will get 8 out of 10 every week in L1

All the best BPF

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

Young keeper? He’s 26 this year! He’s not good enough. Not vocal enough, doesn’t command his area, kicking isn’t great, slow distrubution and drops a clanger. Decent on pens and that’s it. No go for me

You looking forward to ‘cammy’ bein our number 1 then? I’m dreading it

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

I don't  get this 'Young Keeper' thing. All the top keepers have made massive strides by 25/26. Pickford just turned 28 and he has 50 England caps. People will still call Dawson and Wildsmith young at 26/27 no doubt when their names crop up this summer on these threads. Can someone tell me when a keeper is not 'young' anymore?

Keepers tend to develop at different times. They often go on past 36/37 years old. So at 25 with relatively little first team experience (1 and a bit full seasons at Leeds) he’s still a young keeper who is gaining experience. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2

burnley sent him to us to get some game time just as we sent dawson to exeter which with hindsight (wonderful thing hindsight ) as things have turned out seems a bit of a  pointless exercise as far as we are concerned .......burnley win coz they get 3rd /4th choice keeper a full season playing and no doubt get a % of his wages covered  ,exeter win coz dawson plays a huge part in there promotion  and we are still in the 3rd tier which no doubt we would be if we had just  kept dawson as 1st choice . 

I don’t think Dawson is a bad keeper, I think he’s more than capable of been out number 1

He’s hot target though unfortunately for the hate mob, one bad game and it’ll be the end of the world , and I think CD knows it all too well so doubt he’ll come back and play here with the confidence he’s had at Exeter 

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

burnley sent him to us to get some game time just as we sent dawson to exeter which with hindsight (wonderful thing hindsight ) as things have turned out seems a bit of a  pointless exercise as far as we are concerned .......burnley win coz they get 3rd /4th choice keeper a full season playing and no doubt get a % of his wages covered  ,exeter win coz dawson plays a huge part in there promotion  and we are still in the 3rd tier which no doubt we would be if we had just  kept dawson as 1st choice . 

Or Dawson now comes back with more experience under his belt and more confidence? 

• Like 3

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Or Dawson now comes back with more experience under his belt and more confidence? 

he could have got that experience here and we'd still be in the same division as when he left and he'd have 40 odd games under his belt at this level  and the club would know if he's the keeper to take us up next season  .....as it is he starts afresh next season and the club are none the wiser if can handle the pressure of being the boo boys favourite 

He did okay. Has some biggish holes in his game though. Cant kick/pass long, suss handling at times, positioning is also often questionable from crosses, free kicks and corners.

to be fair though, hes pretty good in one vs one situations, hes confident in himself and hes also pulled off some very good unexpected saves. I would however argue theres better to be had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dylan93 said:

Young keeper? He’s 26 this year! He’s not good enough. Not vocal enough, doesn’t command his area, kicking isn’t great, slow distrubution and drops a clanger. Decent on pens and that’s it. No go for me

He is very vocal in the changing room and says what is needed on the pitch. 

His kicking is pinpoint left side. Not great on his right. But he works at it. 

I don't think he will be here next year as Burnley have already discussed a contract with him. 

Dawson will be back. 100%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1