SQUAD FOR NEXT SEASON (keep, sell, release)

So the squad for this year was:

BPF (keep if possible), Dawson (keep), Wildsmith (release)

Palmer (keep), Hunt (keep)

Storey (keep if possible), Dean (keep if possible), Iorfa (keep), Hutchinson (keep), Dunkley (release), Brennan (loan), Gibson (don't get back)

Johnson (keep), Brown (sell/release)

Bannan (keep), Byers (keep), Luongo (keep), FDB (keep), Adeniran (keep), Alex Hunt (loan)

Shodipo (don't get back), NML (keep), Windass (keep)

Paterson (keep), Sow (sell/release), Kamberi (don't get back), Gregory (keep), John-Jules (would be tempted to get him back), Berahino (release)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Wildsmith, New GK

Hunt, New RB, Palmer, New LB, Hutchinson, Iorfa, Brennan, 3x New CB

Byers, Bannan, FDB, Adeniran, New CM Johnson, New CAM, Hunt

Windass, Berahino, Gregory, New CF

Need to use the loan market wisely. 

Means leaving is 

Dawson

Dunkley

Storey

Kamberi 

Shodipo 

Brown 

Luongo 

Paterson 

Sow 

Some players of interest for me 

Joe Lumley

Kane Wilson

Josh Ruffles

Connor Grant

Harlee Dean

Ricardo Santos

Lewis Gibson

Panutche Camara 

Gavin Whyte

Cole Palmer

Liam Delap

Jack Rudoni

Why get John Jules back. A player that has been injured almost every minute of his time here. A player that has struggled with injuries through out his career. If we are cutting our cloth I would let Luongo, Hutchinson and Iorfa move on also I think. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Guest Musttryharder
1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

Storey (keep if possible), Dean (keep if possible), Iorfa (keep), Hutchinson (keep), Dunkley (release), Brennan (loan), Gibson (don't get back)

Bannan (keep), Byers (keep), Luongo (keep), FDB (keep), Adeniran (keep), Alex Hunt (loan)

Paterson (keep), Sow (sell/release), Kamberi (don't get back), Gregory (keep), John-Jules (would be tempted to get him back), Berahino (release)

Start a fresh. All those above contributed in some way in spoiling my fuucking season. I think its about time blooded more youngsters and give them more attention and expertise to move forward quicker. God thers some tripe in those names above. Alex Hunt is aclassic case. Why is the desire to keep loaning the lad out. If there is some sort of spark lets us and not bloody Grimsby etc bring him on on the cheap. Hes our player our rsponsibility to get something out of him. If not off load the lad. Why keep long term injury prone players, we dont want crocks making the treatment room looking untidy. Unless we do something this then lessons will not be learnt. Lets think outside the box for a change, Rotherham do and look whats happened to them.

Guest Musttryharder
5 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

We could do with a poll of each player we want to keep out of the current squad. 

Anybody?

Why a poll, get shut and start a fresh.

BPF (resign on loan), Dawson (keep), Wildsmith (release)

Palmer (keep), Hunt (keep)

Storey (don’t get back), Dean (sign), Iorfa (keep), Hutchinson (release), Dunkley (release), Brennan (loan), Gibson (resign on loan)

Johnson (keep), Brown (release)

Bannan (keep), Byers (keep), Luongo (keep), FDB (keep), Adeniran (keep), Alex Hunt (keep)

Shodipo (don't get back), NML (release), Windass (keep)

Paterson (keep), Sow (release), Kamberi (don't get back), Gregory (keep), John-Jules (release), Berahino (keep)

5 minutes ago, Musttryharder said:

Start a fresh. All those above contributed in some way in spoiling my fuucking season. I think its about time blooded more youngsters and give them more attention and expertise to move forward quicker. God thers some tripe in those names above. Alex Hunt is aclassic case. Why is the desire to keep loaning the lad out. If there is some sort of spark lets us and not bloody Grimsby etc bring him on on the cheap. Hes our player our rsponsibility to get something out of him. If not off load the lad. Why keep long term injury prone players, we dont want crocks making the treatment room looking untidy. Unless we do something this then lessons will not be learnt. Lets think outside the box for a change, Rotherham do and look whats happened to them.

So every time we don't win promotion we should change the entire squad? Brilliant, that'll work.

I suspect you were eyeing Barnsley enviously last season and suggesting we should copy their model, now it's Rotherham. 🙈

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Some strange logic in these threads for some reason. The squad finished 4th despite all the injuries and late goals conceded. We were 5 points off automatic promotion.

Imo this squad in the main needs keeping together, with a few ins and a few outs. I think automatic/champions is a realistic possibility.

In an ideal world you'd keep this squad together and add in an extra key player here and there, and you are right it would (should have done this year but I'm a broken record) likely go up top 2.

However, we are now faced with circumstances slightly beyond our control.  Championship players who signed up for this season on the proviso we'd go up, will they want another year in L1?  Further reduced income by getting stuck in L1 again, can Chansiri afford to keep funding us at a loss?  Does he want to?  Loan players going back, the more successful ones probably looking at Championship teams next season - who do we replace them with?  Etc.  We can't really know the answers to these at the moment, but either way its going to need strong leadership from the club as a whole to deal with it, and make the case for staying.

I think like it or not, we could be in for another summer of high turnover.  Out of the 15 that were on the pitch at any point in last night's game, you don't have to stretch too far to see a situation where a lot aren't here, whether through our choice or not.

• Like 2

BPF    -    Return , new permanent keeper needed

Wildsmith   -   Release

Hunt    -    Keep

Palmer   -    Try to release (yeah I know)

Storey  -   Return

Hutchinson   -   Keep

Iorfa   -   Keep

Dean    -    Hmmm, not sure , probably keep if wages not too high

Gibson    -    Keep

Dunkley     -     Release

Johnson   -   Keep

Brown    -   Try to release

Luongo    -     Release

Bannan   -    Keep

Byers   -     Keep

Adeniran   -   Keep

FDB    -     Keep.........but only just

Paterson   -    Release

Gregory and Windass    -   Keep

Kamberi , Shodipo, John-Jules    -    Return

Berahino    -    Release

Sow   -   Try to release

Edited by Screen Door Slams
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Lets assume no loan players come back, though would take BPF and Storey in an instant.

Of the out of contract player i'd keep, Hunt, Luongo, Hutchinson, Berahino and maybe NML.

Let SOW, Paterson, Dunkley and Wildsmith go.

New GK, 2 new centre backs, 2 new wing backs, a holding midfield player, a new striker

So we'd have

New GK, Dawson, Render

Plamer, Iorfa, Hutchinson, Brennan plus 2 new CB's

New RWB, Hunt

New LWB, Johnson

Bannan Luongo, Byers, FDB, Adenarin,  New CM

Gregory, Widnass, Berahino, New Striker

Maybe NML though not sure where he fits, he's not a wing back.

I'd also focus on trying to sign younger players too.

• Like 3

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

I've got a feeling we will see a few of those "keeps" leave unfortunately (hope I'm wrong) - Bannan, Luongo and Windass will attract interest from championship clubs I think.... Iorfa as well maybe if he's fit. 

Need to get rid of the crocks:

BPF    -    No thanks 

Dawson - Keep

Wildsmith   -   Release

Hunt    -    Keep

Palmer   -    Try to release 

Storey  -   No Thanks 

Hutchinson   -   Keep

Iorfa   -   Try to release

Dean    -    Need some assessment of fitness before signing. 

Gibson    -    No thanks, another crock

Dunkley     -     Release

Johnson   -   Keep

Brown    -   Try to release

Luongo    -     Release

Bannan   -    Keep

Byers   -     Keep

Adeniran   -   Keep

FDB    -     Keep

Paterson   -    Release

Gregory  - keep

Windass    -  release if we can