SQUAD FOR NEXT SEASON (keep, sell, release)

BPF    -    Would keep but no chance 

Dawson - Keep

Wildsmith   -   Release

Hunt    -    Keep

Palmer   -    Keep 

Storey  -   No  

Hutchinson   -   No

Iorfa   -   Try offload

Dean    -    Keep

Gibson    -    Keep

Dunkley     -     Release

Johnson   -   Keep

Brown    -   Surely hes not under another year?!?! 

Luongo    -     Release

Bannan   -    Keep

Byers   -     Keep

Adeniran   -   Keep

FDB    -     Keep

Paterson   -    Release

Gregory  - keep

Windass    -  keep

Kamberi , Shodipo, John-Jules    -    See ya 

Berahino    -    Release

Sow   -   Jesus, get rid. 

some people aint a clue , this season d moore has been backed as well as any club inc ipswich our wage bill was 4x rotherham no club in league 1 signed players for transfer fees,if they did name them? they were very few . clubs in league 1 get 10x less money than championship for tv money etc 100x less than premier league  . next season we wont be spending any money , our wage bill will also drop .. im expecting players to leave inc wildsmith hunt dunkley iorfa storey paterson luongo sow kamberi gibson shopido peacock farrell berihino john jules windass all those offer little or nothing either too old or massive injury proned . wages saved appx 150 grand a week appx 7.5 million in wages thats more than 80-90% of league 1 clubs entire wages . this nonsense about a manager building a squad is utter drivel as most players in our squad will be leaving , it will be an entirely different side/squad next season do you trust d moore will improve things? i dont , my prediction for next season between 6th and 12th place. 

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

some people aint a clue , this season d moore has been backed as well as any club inc ipswich our wage bill was 4x rotherham no club in league 1 signed players for transfer fees,if they did name them? they were very few . clubs in league 1 get 10x less money than championship for tv money etc 100x less than premier league  . next season we wont be spending any money , our wage bill will also drop .. im expecting players to leave inc wildsmith hunt dunkley iorfa storey paterson luongo sow kamberi gibson shopido peacock farrell berihino john jules windass all those offer little or nothing either too old or massive injury proned . wages saved appx 150 grand a week appx 7.5 million in wages thats more than 80-90% of league 1 clubs entire wages . this nonsense about a manager building a squad is utter drivel as most players in our squad will be leaving , it will be an entirely different side/squad next season do you trust d moore will improve things? i dont , my prediction for next season between 6th and 12th place. 

So we’re going to have a completely new squad.
You obviously don’t know who’s going to be in that squad yet but are still predicting where we will finish? 

Some of the things are mind boggling. We need shut of a few players, Dunkley, Paterson, Brown, Kamberi, Berahino, Sow, Wildsmith.

We ought to cash in on windass if possible.

But the likes of Hunt, Hutch, Luongo should, if possible, be kept on and supplemented by younger signings and youthful loans. We have to have a spine of experienced players around which we bring in youth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Wildsmith, New GK

Hunt, New RB, Palmer, New LB, Hutchinson, Iorfa, Brennan, 3x New CB

Byers, Bannan, FDB, Adeniran, New CM Johnson, New CAM, Hunt

Windass, Berahino, Gregory, New CF

Need to use the loan market wisely. 

Means leaving is 

Dawson

Dunkley

Storey

Kamberi 

Shodipo 

Brown 

Luongo 

Paterson 

Sow 

Some players of interest for me 

Joe Lumley

Kane Wilson

Josh Ruffles

Connor Grant

Harlee Dean

Ricardo Santos

Lewis Gibson

Panutche Camara 

Gavin Whyte

Cole Palmer

Liam Delap

Jack Rudoni

So  Dawson has had great reviews all season and he's not worth keeping? Why bother sending anybody on loan at all then?

2 hours ago, Musttryharder said:

We have supporters who have a fasination in retaining crocks. I dont get it.

Well as many have stated on here (after every defeat) we supposedly have the best squad in the division. 

So why would we want to get rid of them?

I'm really confused now, is it Moore that's not good enough or the players? I can't keep up on who we're meant to be blaming. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

So  Dawson has had great reviews all season and he's not worth keeping? Why bother sending anybody on loan at all then?

We need better then him to go up, and we won't be able to offload Wildsmith, Dawson will have value and raise a bit of money in a few, otherwise he'd be my number 2.

Gk: Dawson, Marosi (Shrewsbury, free)

Rwb: Hunt, New

CB: Iorfa, Brennan, Palmer, Boyle (Cheltenham, free), Sykes (Accrington, £?)

Lwb: Johnson, New

CM: Bannan, Byers, Luongo (try to retain if not Camara from Plymouth), Adeniran, Dele-Bashiru

ST: Gregory, Berahino, Stockton (Morecambe, free), May (Cheltenham, £?), Cadamarteri

Wouldn’t mind seeing something like the above to start with next season. May and Camara are probably the most speculative signings but think the others could be achievable. Need two younger wing backs to really push Hunt and Johnson.

Just now, S72 Owl said:

So we’re going to have a completely new squad.
You obviously don’t know who’s going to be in that squad yet but are still predicting where we will finish? 

thats cause i dont rate  d moore and most clubs what have such a big change of squad struggle , we might make the top 6 next season but look at all those clubs what didnt ipswich bolton portsmouth charlton etc what chances we will be finishing next season where they finished? league 1 is 10x harder than 2005 we would have walked the league then . look at the national league it has clubs in it what are way bigger than most in league 2 and only 1 goes up auto .. league 1 is becoming like that it is a very tough league to get out of. 

8 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Great Idea, then we can spend the first 15 games watching them trying to get used to each other again.

d moore then already has his excuse for next season , apathy and mediocrity springs to mind . swfc once a proud major club now some washed up liner sunk in league 1

• Haha 1

Just now, fudge27 said:

We need better then him to go up, and we won't be able to offload Wildsmith, Dawson will have value and raise a bit of money in a few, otherwise he'd be my number 2.

In effect you don't even want to see if he's developed into  good enough keeper. You just want to offload him without giving him  chance to prove his worth.

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

In effect you don't even want to see if he's developed into  good enough keeper. You just want to offload him without giving him  chance to prove his worth.

I'd rather use the money on different areas then 2nd choice keeper

10 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

credit to dawson for doing so well , but the amount of dogs abuse he got here he makes 1 mistake and that abuse will be back. brentford away wow you had to be there it was brutal even caused our own fans to fight each other or have mass arguments . sell him for 300k 

A big decision once again needs to be made with regards the goalkeeper. Does he give a revitalised Dawson a chance or go with a new signing. I think he’ll go with a new signing.

I expect Hunt and Johnson to stay but I would also expect Moore to have one eye on the future. Galvin might get a push?

A lot of work to do with the 3 centre backs. I’d like to see Hutchinson stay but availability issues may remain? Dean will be the main target but whether he’s affordable might be a problem. We may try and keep Dunkley now we know we’re in League one again. Fitness permitting he’s a good player at this level.

Luongo will go sadly. I expect FDB and Adeniran to be used more next season but one maybe two signings might be required?

I don’t expect much movement with the strikers. Gregory will be the main man. Berahino will be kept I’m sure as I think he’ll be a force next season. I’m not 100% sure that Windass will be here?

Anyway not expecting more than 6/7 signings.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, morganowl said:

d moore then already has his excuse for next season , apathy and mediocrity springs to mind . swfc once a proud major club now some washed up liner sunk in league 1

Moore has done a great job. He needs to build on that now and take us to the next level. We will easily achieve automatics next year and I don't understand how anyone would want to just wipe away the foundations he's laid and start all over again.

Having said that, I'm fast coming to the conclusion, some people just like to moan.

4 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

So the squad for this year was:

BPF (keep if possible), Dawson (keep), Wildsmith (release)

Palmer (keep), Hunt (keep)

Storey (keep if possible), Dean (keep if possible), Iorfa (keep), Hutchinson (keep), Dunkley (release), Brennan (loan), Gibson (don't get back)

Johnson (keep), Brown (sell/release)

Bannan (keep), Byers (keep), Luongo (keep), FDB (keep), Adeniran (keep), Alex Hunt (loan)

Shodipo (don't get back), NML (keep), Windass (keep)

Paterson (keep), Sow (sell/release), Kamberi (don't get back), Gregory (keep), John-Jules (would be tempted to get him back), Berahino (release)

Half of these will jump ship 

BPF - sign if possible

Wildsmith - release

Dawson - keep as 2nd choice, but ok with him leaving

Hunt - keep

Palmer - keep

Storey - would like to sign him but don’t think we’ll be able to

Hutchinson - keep

Iorfa - keep

Dean - sign if possible

Gibson - sign but only if the deal’s a very good one for us 

Dunkley - release

Brennan - keep

Johnson - keep

Brown - forgot he existed, get rid

Luongo - keep, think he’ll be off though

Bannan - keep

Byers - keep

Adeniran - keep

FDB - keep

Paterson - release

Gregory - keep

Windass - keep, wouldn’t stand in his way if he wants to go though

Berahino - keep

Sow - get rid 

NML - release

Kamberi, Shodipo, John-Jules - return

9 new signings then - GK x1, CB x3, LB/LWB x1, CM x2 (x3 if Luongo goes), CF x2 

• Like 1