For the record

2 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

Sorry Dan I didn't read your post

I have quite openly said I think he is clueless with tactics and starting line up 

Finishing 4th and in the playoffs is a strong statement from him to argue against your point though mate

Let's not forget too - starting lineups have been dictated to on so many occasions due to injuries or trying to get through the full season with the squad he has

Owlstalk Shop

Considering were we started, threadbare squad, no cash to spend on transfers, and then covid and injuries mid-season, I think where we've ended up is a mini triumph.

It took a while, but we've come good at exactly the right time, so I think DM's done a great job. Hopefully he will be doing a great job in the championship, with a settled side and maybe a few nice additions.

We'll know a little bit more in a few hours though.

I hate being in this crappy league and will be gutted if we don’t go back up this season however I think Moore deserves to stay and have a crack at automatic promotion next season. Hopefully he has learned a few things about tactics, formations etc this season. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, reggae said:

Obviously I can't say loads. 

But the change is huge. And although he doesn't do any contract negotiations at all. 

He speaks to players and gives his views on what he and the club expect. 

And berahino. Hutch. Dean.  Aren't easy players to handle. 

He has 

If reggae says so. I’m in.

I certainly wasn’t until recently but the change for the better in so many areas is clear to see.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

Sorry Dan I didn't read your post

I have quite openly said I think he is clueless with tactics and starting line up

But today isn't the day to start saying if we are or aren't happy with him

When the season ends one way or another, we will talk about it IMO

Till then we have got to the play offs and even I wouldn't start my anti Moore criticism before such a big game 

Kind of says you can't wait for us to fail so you can say "I told you so "

Believe me my young friend. 

CC and DM. Won't be taking your opinion on board when they discuss next year. 

• Like 1

Our fans have a very short memory, or a very unrealistic expectation of how long it would take to sort us out.

We were a completely broken club with players that didn't care when he joined. Yes he's had a big budget for league one but that culture change wouldnt have been any easier if he had an extra hundred million.

I think he's the best manager we've had a long time and we'd be crazy to change win or lose.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Finishing 4th and in the playoffs is a strong statement from him to argue against your point though mate

Let's not forget too - starting lineups have been dictated to on so many occasions due to injuries or trying to get through the full season with the squad he has

Arrrghh I was gonna reply, but then I would have done what I said I wasn't going to do

So you win this time......

• Haha 1

I always felt when Moore got the job it was with a view to it being a long term appointment. The Chairman paying compensation for the first time for a manager pointed towards this.

Also look at the jobs he did at WBA and Doncaster. He more than held his own in both posts and neither club is in a fantastic place since his departure. Doncaster in particular are in a much worse state now.

What I like about Moore is his togetherness mantra. As we have seen in the recent past, we don’t prosper when the squad is split. It’s no surprise that with no whispers of players unrest and all players being involved we have prospered.

Take into account the injuries/Covid/transfer restrictions he’s had to deal with then he’s arguably done an even better job.

Whatever division we’re in next season will be a test for him as he continues to fight against his critics and it’ll be interesting to see if the Chairman remains supportive but for me I’d be quite happy to see him allowed to build the club over the next 5 years.

• Like 1

I know footballs a game of opinions and all that but......

Anyone who thinks we should get rid of Moore is either on the wind up or really really hasn't got a clue how football works.

IMHO of course.

23 minutes ago, reggae said:

Kind of says you can't wait for us to fail so you can say "I told you so "

Believe me my young friend. 

CC and DM. Won't be taking your opinion on board when they discuss next year. 

No not at all

If we go and try to win these 2 games and lose then I will consider it as we did our best. If we play chess and lose then yes I will be livid.

Equally as I said, this next week and hopefully newt couple of weeks is not the time and we have to get behind DM and the team

3 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

No not at all

If we go and try to win these 2 games and lose then I will consider it as we did our best. If we play chess and lose then yes I will be livid.

Equally as I said, this next week and hopefully newt couple of weeks is not the time and we have to get behind DM and the team

Go gung ho and hope we win 3 zip tonight ?

Or stay in game for 20 mins and shut crowd up. 

And then make sure not out of it for home leg. ?

Which sounds like chess ? 

11 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

to be fair I think every Wednesday fan will be the same

There's no way we can have a repeat of what Carlos the Car Salesman did vs Huddersfield

Owlstalk Shop

Fully behind him, not going to blame injuries however the players we have had out injured for long spells have been the wrong ones. 

If it had been Hunt FDB and Kamberi out  for example instead of Gibson, Luongo and Windass we might have had the extra six points needed for Autos. 

Lets get behind them and see if they finish the job.