For the record

8 minutes ago, reggae said:

Or stay in game for 20 mins and shut crowd up. 

And then make sure not out of it for home leg. ? 

The problem with that is:

1) Our away form

2) We'd concede two goals, lose, and leave the ground wishing we'd have gone for it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I like how he seems to be, as a person. Which is a lot more than can be said for the last several managers. 

In for me, supporting Wednesday is rarely about success but should always be about feeling connected to the club and it having a strong ethos. DM has definitely done that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If we don’t go up I’d consider keeping him because if we get continuity I think we’ll go up the year after.

If we get promoted we should sack him.

Obviously, everybody will say that’s crazy. Yet strangely, with many of our players, people will say we should keep them in League one but get better if we are promoted.

Same logic. If we go up, we’ll need a better manager. 

Great post this. 
C’mon then let’s be avin you. 
Yes from me. 
Play offs tremendous effort from where we were injuries and the squad or players that were left over. If we fail at this hurdle I’m still all in and he gets the green light from me. 

100% backing. 

I voted 'Moore out' in the early-mid-season slump, which to be honest I'm outright embarrassed by. 

I enjoy watching us play again, which - as it turns out - in my book is worth an awful lot. 

• Love 1

Just now, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

If we don’t go up I’d consider keeping him because if we get continuity I think we’ll go up the year after.

Obviously, everybody will say that’s crazy. Yet strangely, with many of our players, people will say we should keep them in League one but get better if we are promoted.

Same logic. If we go up, we’ll need a better manager. 

I’ve read it all now. Madness!

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

If we win promotion he deserves to stay, if we don't then we should really consider looking at who's out there to replace him, only if there's someone better should we get rid of him.

He's had a £24m wage budget to play with this season, that's 50% more than the 2nd highest in the league, tonight's opponents Sunderland. By far the biggest club in the division, by far the most attractive proposition for potential players too. It's worrying to think how he will do if the club stays in league one and he has to slash the wage bill by 50%. 

£24m is from last year's accounts. He has already slashed the wage bill by 50% - Rhodes, Izzy Brown, Kachunga, Harris, Green, Borner, Westwood, Lees, Penney, Marriott, van Aken, Reach, Odubajo, all gone. Bannan signed on reduced terms, Dawson loaned out. Players on much lower wages brought in.

Guest Kameron

He's not for me, he's far too negative to get a side promoted.  He had the tools to walk this league but chose not to use them and only stumbled on a decent run when injuries reduced his tinkering ability.  I will stick with my original prediction that we won't be promoted under Moore as long as I've a hole in my ass.

7 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Obviously, everybody will say that’s crazy.

That's crazy.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I understand why you think this but I can't ever see it happening

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Kameron said:

He's not for me, he's far too negative to get a side promoted.  He had the tools to walk this league but chose not to use them and only stumbled on a decent run when injuries reduced his tinkering ability.  I will stick with my original prediction that we won't be promoted under Moore as long as I've a hole in my ass.

Let's see

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

If we win promotion he deserves to stay, if we don't then we should really consider looking at who's out there to replace him, only if there's someone better should we get rid of him.

He's had a £24m wage budget to play with this season, that's 50% more than the 2nd highest in the league, tonight's opponents Sunderland. By far the biggest club in the division, by far the most attractive proposition for potential players too. It's worrying to think how he will do if the club stays in league one and he has to slash the wage bill by 50%. 

We're playing some good football, but it's still only in patches and i'd expect a good manager to be able to deliver tactics that break the smaller/weaker teams down far better than we have this season. If he stays, we really need to see improvements in that aspect next season, along with another good summer on the recruitment front too as we're going to need it once the loans and those out of contract leave. 

Most fans of other clubs i've spoken to think it's comical we've not steamrolled this league with the squad and resources we've had. 

I get what you are saying and I'm still not 100% convinced by his tactical ability, but he deserves a ton of slack for turning us around and bringing fans and players together. We watch Wednesday for games like Portsmouth and to see them.go 1-0 down and win 4-1, well fir me that's a big statement about what he's done so far. There's no certainty that next year will be any easier if we don't go up, it worries me that fans will expect us to be top all season, though I've got positive feelings about us beating Sunderland and getting promoted.

I realise our budget was large, but a lot of that was on existing players and so I don't think you can hold that against him, especially when he had a zero transfer budget. This year if we didn't go up I feel like he'll be in an even better position to attract the best players (Derby & Sunderland may be the only 2 able to compete). He'll have a transfer budget and a growing reputation that he plays good football and players enjoy playing for him. It would take a drastic slump and some new off-field concerns for me to change my view that he deserves 12 months more already. 

Great bloke. Had to make the play offs as a minimum. Had he not, I’d have been 50/50. Recruitment has been excellent and that’s a lot down to Moore who I can imagine players want to play for. 

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The problem with that is:

1) Our away form

2) We'd concede two goals, lose, and leave the ground wishing we'd have gone for it

Bannan was 50/50 till this morning. 

Palmer plays instead of hunt for that reason. 

So it's not an attack line up. But I really don't think we will be leaving being 2 down 

The target for the season was top 6 and see how it goes in the play off lottery so DM has earned the right to be manager at the start of next season. But equally his teams performance and his performance which ever league we are in need to be whether he stays or goes.

The expectations for another season in league one, would rightly be automatic promotion but in the championship we cannot be scrabbling around trying to avoid relegation.

its going to be a massive summer whatever league we line up in next season, but if it is the championship, the 6-7 week break because of the world cup could be very useful in getting the likely injured players back fit.