For the record

Are you happy with the progress Darren Moore has made with us this season and like the direction we're heading in?

Would you want to see him afforded the opportunity to continue this progress if we're still in League One next season?

We had a thread a few weeks back where the unanimous answer to this question was 'yes', before we then drew 1-1 away at Bolton and the Moore Out threads appeared again. I thought it would be interesting to gauge the current sentiment prior to whatever happens over the next couple of weeks.

Personally, I feared the worst in the lead up to this season, and although I do believe that we have a squad that was capable of reaching the autos, we've still made very significant progress which would have been far from guaranteed with another manager in Moore's place, especially with the significant injuries he's had to contend with. He's shown an ability to pick a player on a budget and plays attractive football. There are a lot of pros going for him, and if we do fail to achieve promotion this year I'm going to nail my flag to the mast of wanting him to be given another chance next season if this one doesn't work out as we're all hoping.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Are you happy with the progress Darren Moore has made with us this season and like the direction we're heading in? 

YES

100%

And I'm not gonna spit my dummy out or start slating him if we aren't successful in the playoffs either

Even if we did a Carlos and went all negative in the semi-finals I'll still want him to carry on the work he's doing at this club

And anyone thinking of turning on Darren Moore if he's unsuccessful in this semi's after claiming to support him and 'would love him to prove me wrong' etc can shove their hate posts up their arrrrse before they even think about posting them BELIEVE YOU ME

lol

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

If we win promotion he deserves to stay, if we don't then we should really consider looking at who's out there to replace him, only if there's someone better should we get rid of him.

He's had a £24m wage budget to play with this season, that's 50% more than the 2nd highest in the league, tonight's opponents Sunderland. By far the biggest club in the division, by far the most attractive proposition for potential players too. It's worrying to think how he will do if the club stays in league one and he has to slash the wage bill by 50%. 

We're playing some good football, but it's still only in patches and i'd expect a good manager to be able to deliver tactics that break the smaller/weaker teams down far better than we have this season. If he stays, we really need to see improvements in that aspect next season, along with another good summer on the recruitment front too as we're going to need it once the loans and those out of contract leave. 

Most fans of other clubs i've spoken to think it's comical we've not steamrolled this league with the squad and resources we've had. 

• Like 3

100% behind him.

He's a young manager, he's shown he's learning on the job, Rome wasn't built in a day yadda yadda. But the difference between the club when he came in and now is night and day

I've said before and I'll stand by it, I think if we don't go up this season we'll be up as Champions next season

• Like 1

I’m happy with how things have progressed. The road hasn’t been perfectly smooth but I always thought playoffs was a realistic goal for this season and we’ve made it pretty comfortably in the end. The main thing is I can see a small amount of improvement should put us in with a shout of autos next season. If we go up through the playoffs even better but they are a lottery and not making it through would be frustrating but wouldn’t undermine this being a good season. 

• Like 1

Definitely stick with Moore. He’s done a great job considering the financial situation and the doom and gloom negative feeling around the club and support base when he came in. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

YES

100%

And I'm not gonna spit my dummy out or start slating him if we aren't successful in the playoffs either

Even if we did a Carlos and went all negative in the semi-finals I'll still want him to carry on the work he's doing at this club

And anyone thinking of turning on Darren Moore if he's unsuccessful in this semi's after claiming to support him and 'would love him to prove me wrong' etc can shove their hate posts up their arrrrse before they even think about posting them BELIEVE YOU ME

lol

Totally agree. 

The changes around the training staff and approach to match days are things no one sees. 

The players like DM. But they also respect him and his views. 

Very good man manager and he understands football 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, reggae said:

Totally agree. 

The changes around the training staff and approach to match days are things no one sees. 

The players like DM. But they also respect him and his views. 

Very good man manager and he understands football 

He seems to have good ethos and sounds ethics too

Something our club sorely lacked in the last few years so great to see him changing the culture

Very very positive 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

I'm happy with Moore so far. I felt before the season began that this would probably be a season of transition and the challenge would be to arrest the slide of the last few years. I got in a debate on here after the 3-2 loss at Oxford because I'd suggested that the downward trajectory appeared to have been halted and we'd started to plateau at long last, but some people argued against that point of view. We'd been hovering around 8th place in the table for several weeks at that time and, despite that defeat, I was optimistic that we'd soon start to climb the table.

At that time I was hoping we could still just sneak into play-off contention, so I'm very happy we finished fourth. I'll be gutted if we don't manage to win the Play-offs, but I think the future under DM is looking promising.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He seems to have good ethos and sounds ethics too

Something our club sorely lacked in the last few years so great to see him changing the culture

Very very positive 

Obviously I can't say loads. 

But the change is huge. And although he doesn't do any contract negotiations at all. 

He speaks to players and gives his views on what he and the club expect. 

And berahino. Hutch. Dean.  Aren't easy players to handle. 

He has 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Sorry Dan I didn't read your post

I have quite openly said I think he is clueless with tactics and starting line up

But today isn't the day to start saying if we are or aren't happy with him

When the season ends one way or another, we will talk about it IMO

Till then we have got to the play offs and even I wouldn't start my anti Moore criticism before such a big game 

Just now, reggae said:

Obviously I can't say loads. 

But the change is huge. And although he doesn't do any contract negotiations at all. 

He speaks to players and gives his views on what he and the club expect. 

And berahino. Hutch. Dean.  Aren't easy players to handle. 

He has 

Superb stuff - he's very impressive

I am loving the current Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

No dramas anymore, no chairman in the forefront trying to take the spotlight, no defensive football and trying to defend one goal leads, no madness

Long may it continue

Owlstalk Shop