Lee Gregory

On 29/04/2022 at 09:22, Tewkesbury said:

So when has he:

Outworked his partner in running or pressing over 90 minutes?

Made an unselfish dummy run to give his partner space?

Physically dominated a defender over a game?

Made a meaningful defensive contribution?

Shall we go with today for starters?

:ph34r:

Honestly, I watched Gregory closely today to see if I could see any of the issues you've described on here in recent weeks, and I genuinely don't have a clue what player you're watching.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

I was happy when we signed him. Thought he’d get goals and be a target man for us. But he has so much more to his game than I thought. Great touch, works incredibly hard and links play really well. Him and Bazz link up really well. He’s a top number 9 for this league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I watched Gregory closely today to see if I could see any of the issues you've described on here in recent weeks

If you don't like a player it's easy to find faults that don't exist...Bannan's ******** rubbish in the air. Easy innit' 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Shall we go with today for starters?

:ph34r:

Honestly, I watched Gregory closely today to see if I could see any of the issues you've described on here in recent weeks, and I genuinely don't have a clue what player you're watching.

I never post the evening after a game, but today I will.

I hold my hands up, today was a different Wednesday and a different Lee Gregory.

The tactics were faster and more open than I've seen for a long time, no tappy tappy sideways, always forwards. 

As for Gregory, it was like he had read my posts, made a checklist of everything I've said, then spent the game checking them off one by one. 

He got behind and got a shot off, not once, but twice! Check.

Dummy run for Byers to try and get Berahio through on goal. Check.

Defensive effort. It was cleaning up after he gave the freekick away, but Check.

Swapping the 9 role with Berahino and closing down in the 10 role. Check.

It pretty much had everything I asked for, so Lee, if you are reading this, keep it up for the next three games and I'll apologise and shut my filthy mouth.

Also, if you are reading this, tell yourself, Hutch, Mass and Marvin that sliding in from behind never ever works, other than that, well done.

• Haha 1

It’s a shame we lost him for two months earlier on in season.As soon as I saw that we had signed him I knew he would be a great addition. He is a proper old school striker who has a great touch is work rate is amazing best signing of the season for me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

I never post the evening after a game, but today I will.

I hold my hands up, today was a different Wednesday and a different Lee Gregory.

The tactics were faster and more open than I've seen for a long time, no tappy tappy sideways, always forwards. 

As for Gregory, it was like he had read my posts, made a checklist of everything I've said, then spent the game checking them off one by one. 

He got behind and got a shot off, not once, but twice! Check.

Dummy run for Byers to try and get Berahio through on goal. Check.

Defensive effort. It was cleaning up after he gave the freekick away, but Check.

Swapping the 9 role with Berahino and closing down in the 10 role. Check.

It pretty much had everything I asked for, so Lee, if you are reading this, keep it up for the next three games and I'll apologise and shut my filthy mouth.

Also, if you are reading this, tell yourself, Hutch, Mass and Marvin that sliding in from behind never ever works, other than that, well done.

Looked like the same Gregory we've seen at Hillsborough on many an occasion this season to me.

I honestly think you're seeing things that aren't there.

I was all set to be convinced of your tactical insight today, and then...nothing.

:duntmatter:

• Love 1

3 hours ago, paulrs said:

He was excellent yes… but I thought Hutch, Palmer, Hunt, BPF, and Luongo all had very good games too.

BB and Gregory really stood out for me though.

The whole team played well barring the jittery 1st 10 mins 

I thought Gregory was the stand-out, shading BB, Byers and Palmer