Lee Gregory

4 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

A real winner. Hard-working, phenomenal first touch, intelligent movement. 

Such a good player at this level 

Wish he was 5 yrs younger been great for us in this division ,Championship will be tough for us ,If we go up ,Fit squad we can beat anyone in the play offs .

3 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

I never post the evening after a game, but today I will.

I hold my hands up, today was a different Wednesday and a different Lee Gregory.

The tactics were faster and more open than I've seen for a long time, no tappy tappy sideways, always forwards. 

As for Gregory, it was like he had read my posts, made a checklist of everything I've said, then spent the game checking them off one by one. 

He got behind and got a shot off, not once, but twice! Check.

Dummy run for Byers to try and get Berahio through on goal. Check.

Defensive effort. It was cleaning up after he gave the freekick away, but Check.

Swapping the 9 role with Berahino and closing down in the 10 role. Check.

It pretty much had everything I asked for, so Lee, if you are reading this, keep it up for the next three games and I'll apologise and shut my filthy mouth.

Also, if you are reading this, tell yourself, Hutch, Mass and Marvin that sliding in from behind never ever works, other than that, well done.

I had a word with Lee Gregory about this post, he said you wouldn't know a center forward if you stood on one. 

Kamberi lol

5 hours ago, Freshfish said:

This season's 'Hooper'. I was a real sceptic when we first went in for him when he was at Halifax...didn't see the quality.  But he's become a bloody excellent player by hard work, determination and learning the game. 

I doff my cap to him and apologies for my scepticism.

Absolutely essential to the team. 

And as good an 'arse' as Hoops!!!

We went in for him when he was at 'alifax but he chose Millwall? Didn't know anything about that.

He's got better as the season's gone on. Always works hard and good hold up play, but now he's full of confidence goals are flying in.

We would only just be inside the top half if it wasn't for Greggs. Been a top signing on a free and he's rejuvenated his career.

3 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

We went in for him when he was at 'alifax but he chose Millwall? Didn't know anything about that.

He's got better as the season's gone on. Always works hard and good hold up play, but now he's full of confidence goals are flying in.

We would only just be inside the top half if it wasn't for Greggs. Been a top signing on a free and he's rejuvenated his career.

Theres only  1 player got us in the top 6,

Without him we would be mid table..we all know who..

• Like 1

It’s a bit weird to say, but his form has sky rocketed since his song.

The way he took the ball and volleyed with his left foot was so confident - no way would he have tried that earlier this season. 
And the way he took the ball down and lobbed the keeper was great 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

I never post the evening after a game, but today I will.

I hold my hands up, today was a different Wednesday and a different Lee Gregory.

The tactics were faster and more open than I've seen for a long time, no tappy tappy sideways, always forwards. 

As for Gregory, it was like he had read my posts, made a checklist of everything I've said, then spent the game checking them off one by one. 

He got behind and got a shot off, not once, but twice! Check.

Dummy run for Byers to try and get Berahio through on goal. Check.

Defensive effort. It was cleaning up after he gave the freekick away, but Check.

It pretty much had everything I asked for, so Lee, if you are reading this, keep it up for the next three games and I'll apologise and shut my filthy mouth.

Also, if you are reading this, tell yourself, Hutch, Mass and Marvin that sliding in from behind never ever works, other than that, well done.

I didn't realise Pep was on here?! Wow! Get over yourself!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's playing with a ton of confidence right now and looks better than I've seen him for Millwall or Stoke.

Wonder if it's down to Darren moore, or more being the main man in a strike force now?

He does seem to have improved with age, as strikers who don't rely on pace can do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swfc-dan said:

Sheffield Wednesday promotion hopes, sponsored by Greggs .

pick up your sausage roll at half time. 

3 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

i thought it was more a case  of greggers playing in the hole and saido doing the false number 9 role feigning to track back and so losing his marker when he didnt .