This Banana thing

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1c19f9a7a94347eaa2899d966035d7e2.webp

"yo Abs here.. sup bro?"

You could have gone with the one posing with a banana earlier on in the thread 

why do you always try to take it off topic 😡

What’s that tattoo about too? 

I think it’s just easier to not bring them than bring them if it’s something that could potentially cause upset or give the club some out-of-context negative press.

Obviously the bananas thing has been going on for god knows how long and we all Know there’s no malice behind it at all.

But others don’t. So maybe it’s not worth it.

Bring paddling pools instead. That was a laugh against Wycombe in 2012

9 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Right, let me get another glass of wine. I'm probs gonna need it.

On the plus side, we have established that you can have a nice piece of Simnel cake with that without causing offence.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

It’s not racist, you realise you are on here calling people racist right?

because they don’t share your opinion that an inflatable banana is racist so your calling them out for being racist 

it’s exactly people like you abs I mean exactly people like you than cause racism as you twist peoples actions into something that’s not 

you’ve had your stage tonight people have looked at you, whilst you’ve called them racists and p£&)ks 

But I’ll be honest youve come off as a complete helmet 

( btw that’s nothing to do with skin colour too )

so I leave this as this 

in my opinion you are wrong, try and enjoy the game if your even going and watch out for those flying inflatables. There might one two flying about that will make you cry a bit more 

In my opinion, people who take blow up bananas to a football match in 2022 are doing more to cause racism. I think what I’m doing, by not backing down on my opinion against a group of lads who don’t agree with me is the right thing to do in this instance. 
I get that you disagree but I’m not going to stop banging this drum because I believe in what I’m saying and I can back it up with a reasonable amount of intelligence. I’m not just saying don’t take bananas because it’s racist and not backing it up with good reasons is it.

I’m explain why I thing people should think again, hopefully some might consider what I’m saying and think again.

if I stop 1 person taking a blow up banana on Saturday all this was worth it. Believe me , tonight’s been much tougher  for me than you and I’m not resorting to insults. 

1 minute ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Because it could be construed as being racist due to a load of daft racist chucking bananas at black players in the 70’s and 80’s.

it’s in bad taste to take blow up bananas 

to a football ground. A bit like blacking up for fancy dress. 
Even if not a racist gesture, in most cases it would be innocent it could be seen as being racist and be offensive to some people. So be mindful and respectful and take a different kind of inflatable, it would be just as much fun and no one could be offended or find it inappropriate.

so we aren’t taking bananas because it’s the right thing to do and shows we’ve got a bit of “class” as a fan base.

we should take duck

but not bananas because it the right thing to do

No, it won't be construed as being racist, because it never has been construed as being racist. It's a fvkcing inflatable banana.

Nor is it in bad taste to take an inflatable banana to a Wednesday match. And do you want to know why? Because back before I even started supporting us, we had a player called Imre Varadi, whose nickname was Imre Banana - for reasons I just don't know. He's a white guy, born in London. And they used to throw inflatable bananas around. So it's a historic thing. Nothing more, nothing less, and to make more out of it shows your own line of thinking and not that of others.

I've never looked at an inflatable banana and thought "ooh, that's been inflated by the breath of an racist". An inflatabe banana is associated with fun.

Seriously man, get a grip. You are so wrong with this, it's laughable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

No, it won't be construed as being racist, because it never has been construed as being racist. It's a fvkcing inflatable banana.

Nor is it in bad taste to take an inflatable banana to a Wednesday match. And do you want to know why? Because back before I even started supporting us, we had a player called Imre Varadi, whose nickname was Imre Banana - for reasons I just don't know. He's a white guy, born in London. And they used to throw inflatable bananas around. So it's a historic thing. Nothing more, nothing less, and to make more out of it shows your own line of thinking and not that of others.

I've never looked at an inflatable banana and thought "ooh, that's been inflated by the breath of an racist". An inflatabe banana is associated with fun.

Seriously man, get a grip. You are so wrong with this, it's laughable.

At last

tag, your in….

….. you racist 

• Haha 1

Ducks?  I'll Give you Ducks...
Over here we have REAL sports team names -  none of those run of the mill "United" - "City" - "Town" names....  Here it's all Edmonton Oilers, Winnipeg Jets, Vegas Gold Knights and of course the Anaheim Ducks...  

image.png.5506b9d48c36938e3c9c29a368ae264a.png

3 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Again I have to point out that you just dont' get statements like this very often on a football forum

lol

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

Guest DoesJackHunt
6 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

On the plus side, we have established that you can have a nice piece of Simnel cake with that without causing offence.

I think the jury’s still out on that 

6 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

and I’m not resorting to insults. 

You've been calling people on here prìçķś most of the thread so how do you come to that statement?

Edited by s73owl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

In my opinion, people who take blow up bananas to a football match in 2022 are doing more to cause racism. I think what I’m doing, by not backing down on my opinion against a group of lads who don’t agree with me is the right thing to do in this instance. 
I get that you disagree but I’m not going to stop banging this drum because I believe in what I’m saying and I can back it up with a reasonable amount of intelligence. I’m not just saying don’t take bananas because it’s racist and not backing it up with good reasons is it.

I’m explain why I thing people should think again, hopefully some might consider what I’m saying and think again.

if I stop 1 person taking a blow up banana on Saturday all this was worth it. Believe me , tonight’s been much tougher  for me than you and I’m not resorting to insults. 

You've been calling people pr1cks all night but well done for not resorting to insults. 

image.png

• Like 2