This Banana thing

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So everyone understands what this thread is about:

Some fans have organised / promoted the idea of hundreds of huge inflatable bananas for this big match on Saturday

Am guessing the OP is talking about the prospect of it being seen in a different context on TV with loads of bananas being thrown on the pitch close to a black player or manager

It’s was popular in the 80s; I remember having a blow up banana myself. Too young to know about the bananas being thrown onto the pitch in the decade or less before, as an act of racism. 

I don’t really get the banana thing. I understand the racial connotations but I don’t think that’s the intention here.

I really don’t like the idea of the amount of plastic waste though. You can guarantee that there’s going to be loads of discarded inflatable bananas either on the street or in peoples black bins (doubt they can be recycled)

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
7 hours ago, robowl4life said:

How’s this thread got 22 pages in 5 hours??

Whats crack, we going full on loads of bananas or we sticking with balloons and fly away footys?

No bananas 

Guest DoesJackHunt
7 hours ago, UpGrahamHydesSleeve said:

I don’t really get the banana thing. I understand the racial connotations but I don’t think that’s the intention here.

I really don’t like the idea of the amount of plastic waste though. You can guarantee that there’s going to be loads of discarded inflatable bananas either on the street or in peoples black bins (doubt they can be recycled)

Yep, no to single use plastics and don’t take blow up bananas to football matches 

Guest DoesJackHunt
8 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

So, when all the inflatable bananas have become deflated by Sunday...........

W T F will @DoesJackHunt be offended by when he wakes (or should that be "wokes") upon

Monday morning?WTF:

I’m woke and proud mate. I don’t find being called woke or PC offensive.

no bananas 

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Are we allowed to buy bananas from Tesco for personal consumption or will it be deemed racist as I peruse the fruit and veg aisle. 

Eating bananas is fine and healthy, taking blow up ones to football matches is a bit 1980’s and the worlds moved on and it’s a sensible step in the right direction, so take a blow up anything else.

no bananas

Guest DoesJackHunt
8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Some folk have taken this whole thing wayyyyy too seriously

Or I would argue, not seriously enough as a moderator