Stop throwing bottles

48 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

There's probably a multitude of reasons.

I don't think the pandemic has helped in that it has mobilised f'ckwits the world over to united in thinking they can decide to do whatever they want.So

So you know the throwers views on lockdowns & mandatory vaccines Pathetic.

I assuming you know they are right wing & misogynists. Idiot.

There just isn’t a punishment. If there is there is no publicity of the punishment. 

If you can do it and nothing happens they will continue. 

If the clubs got bans and points deductions pretty sure it would stop. If the culprits are named and shamed and banned for life pretty sure it would make people think twice. 

The Rotherham guy who punched a player and kicked the ball should get a custodial sentence.. 

Law and order only works with effective and appropriate punishment. 

At the moment there is naff all. 

Edited by crookesowl
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Owlmanac said:

Have people got money to burn £2-3 a go for a bottle at Hillsborough isn’t it!? Thought they always took the top off whenever you bought a drink as well to prevent things like this?

I don’t think removing the top prevents it from turning into a projectile when thrown. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Was all sorts thrown, bottles, lighters, coins etc... 

Felt sorry for the people sat at the front of T1 on the North as they kopped for most of it on the back of their heads. 

That's poo if true, and i'm not doubting you for one minute. This needs jumping on and some prosecutions. The pitch has to be sacred with nothing and nobody entering it unless invited by the ref. These subs that are warming up needs a few cards dishing out to them as well when they're tempted to encroach. Also seen a few instances of them trying to effect someone taking a throw.

We need to get ahead of the game with this, get some video cameras out there and start identifying some of these scum.

What sort of tvvat throws things where people could get hurt and probably kids amongst them? And on his fellow supporters as well, get them banned. 

This doesn't resolve itself BTW, it'll get worse.

But blaming Boris? Get a grip FFS.

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

I don’t think removing the top prevents it from turning into a projectile when thrown. 

Which was back to my point of people having money to burn if they are prepared to pay over the odds for a drink just to use it is a missile!

35 minutes ago, The coach said:

Didn’t see anything tbh

One thrown from North Stand then a few minutes later another bottle was launched from Kop. 

I've heard it kicked off on Hillsborough corner after game too, Owls fans blocking road so a tram full of Rotherham fans couldn't get through. 

8 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

So you know the throwers views on lockdowns & mandatory vaccines Pathetic.

I assuming you know they are right wing & misogynists. Idiot.

I never mentioned their views on mandatory vaccines, what political persuasion they are or their views on the opposite sex. 

Some leap.

• Like 1

Seen a bloke in his late 40’s ish launch a full can off the bridge at Leppings Lane in to the crowd of Rotherham fans waiting after the game.

A copper stood not 2 yards away was asked why he didn’t nick him

”because I’ve been told not to move from this spot” was his reply

madness…..told to stand somewhere to presumably stop a crime and then do nothing when a crime happens

1 hour ago, Buddy Repperton said:

It's just being highlighted more lately. 

Have you only been watching football for a couple of months?

Not at all, it is happening more and yes do attend plenty of games. What was today 3  bottles!

I guess it's a positive that it wasn't 10.

6 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

It's not big and it's not clever but it's also nothing new. It's been going on for decades.

At least they've stopped throwing darts.

Every cloud.

Pool ball came over fence once at Chelsea in early 80s. :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

These people aren't football fans, they think they're brave, clever, hard as nails etc etc. Same nobs who enjoy a good bouncing and pointing battle outside the ground. 

Highlighting this behaviour does nothing but depress the good fans - they can't do anything about it really and if they did they'll probably get assaulted. Talking about it being a problem won't do any good and it is the attention these numbskulls want. The clubs and authorities should deal with them harshly, silently and quietly.

The press want you to believe this is a society problem caused solely by politicians but I very much doubt any of these muppets can read let alone concentrate on the news for more than 10 seconds.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Seen a bloke in his late 40’s ish launch a full can off the bridge at Leppings Lane in to the crowd of Rotherham fans waiting after the game.

A copper stood not 2 yards away was asked why he didn’t nick him

”because I’ve been told not to move from this spot” was his reply

madness…..told to stand somewhere to presumably stop a crime and then do nothing when a crime happens

What a waste of beer

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

One thrown from North Stand then a few minutes later another bottle was launched from Kop. 

I've heard it kicked off on Hillsborough corner after game too, Owls fans blocking road so a tram full of Rotherham fans couldn't get through. 

Yeah heard similar too. They brought some n0bbers today though.