Stop throwing bottles

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I don’t see one bloke out of 26,000 chucking a bottle as a huge problem. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water. Get the idiot on CCTV and ban him. 

Fortunately the baby, bathwater and bath are at home, otherwise these kn*bs would be hurling them at the front row too. 

Disorder at English football grounds is up by more than a third this season according to figures released last week. 

Almost half of all matches have had an incident reported - including the use of pyrotechnics, missiles being thrown at players and hate crime and pitch invasions

Arrests in and around football grounds are up by almost 50 per cent

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Still my point stands - it is as bad as it as it has been for the past few years, it is just getting highlighted more recently.

And with that, I bid you all a good night.

b880ec70140db9bb4a60c8d2d5cfeacbfae02d95_hq.gif.2dd4d9b29ed121cf481ec4302f7bccc7.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You are doing it again Neil. You are bullying fellow posters into thinking the same as you.

Please stop it as it isn't nice for the forum.

Nope

I'm just disagreeing with you

You've posted something that isn't correct

I'm just saying it isn't correct

What you posted isn't correct

That's all

Dont' try the drama queen stuff  mate - doesn't wash

Here's the actual FACTS

Disorder at English football grounds is up by more than a third this season according to figures released last week. 

Almost half of all matches have had an incident reported - including the use of pyrotechnics, missiles being thrown at players and hate crime and pitch invasions

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

The people who throw things should at least be man enough to take full responsibility for their actions. It’s not Brexits fault, COVID, society. It’s just some absolute idiot who can’t restrain themselves from throwing something at that moment. Proper gets my goat. 

It's a laugh tho... trying to beat your PB

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

I'm just disagreeing with you

You've posted something that isn't correct

I'm just saying it isn't correct

What you posted isn't correct

That's all

Dont' try the drama queen stuff  mate - doesn't wash

Here's the actual FACTS

You are bulling fellow posters again into thinking you are correct. It's not on and it's something you have done for many years in the past. Please stop it as it doesn't make the forum a nice place to post.

Anyway back to the point in hand, incidents have been rising steadily for years they've just jumped up more since start of this year. I'm not disagreeing they have gone up, but it has risen before the pandemic slightly. The drink/drug/racism culture has been on the rise since 2016 and a lot of these people are interested in footy.

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

b880ec70140db9bb4a60c8d2d5cfeacbfae02d95_hq.gif.2dd4d9b29ed121cf481ec4302f7bccc7.gif

The culture has been rising steadily since 2016. That you can't deny.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just in case anyone else wants to try the 'it's always been this way' or 'it's just being highlighted more' 

I cannot judge, if it did increase or not.

However, your statistics are no proof in any direction.  

It could well be that in the past it just had not been reported. Maybe the ground staff just delt with it or ignored it?

Same with the arrests.

I do not have any opinion, if the disorder increased. I am just not convinced by your statistics.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Anyway back to the point in hand, incidents have been rising steadily for years they've just jumped up more since start of this year. I'm not disagreeing they have gone up, but it has risen before the pandemic slightly. The drink/drug/racism culture has been on the rise since 2016 and a lot of these people are interested in footy.

It's a silly argument this now

Stats prove it's risen dramatically this season

Even more so in recent months

Anything else is whataboutery

That's not me 'bullying' you mate - it's just me saying what you're hinting at isn't correct

There's been more and more incidents recently

It's a real and growing problem

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't think the drink / drug / racism culture hasn't been rising since 2016? Because it most definitely has.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You do know how statistics on reported incidents work right?

My point is that any incident, which is not reported, will not appear in any statistic.

So any increase of reported incidents could mean:

a) the incidents have increased

b) same amount of incidents, but more reports 

Same with fouls:

- more bookings does not always mean that there have been more fouls, it also could mean that the ref was stricter with the bookings

• Like 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's a silly argument this now

Stats prove it's risen dramatically this season

Even more so in recent months

Anything else is whataboutery

That's not me 'bullying' you mate - it's just me saying what you're hinting at isn't correct

There's been more and more incidents recently

It's a real and growing problem

It is a problem and one which will have to be sorted. Which is why the authorities are highlighting it. Apart from not throwing something I don't know how else you stop it lol

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Most of the games were played without fans last season so it hardly surprising more fans has let to more arrests. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1