Stop throwing bottles

12 minutes ago, The coach said:

In the 70s and 80s they threw darts at each other..slashed each other up..especially at everton and lpool..your coaxh allways got an housebrick thru window travelking outa citys in the suburbs..much prefer todats footballing climate tbh

Hitler gassed people to death

Does that mean in the 70's and 80's everyone should have been thankful it was only slashing each other up and getting housebricked?

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep 

And people were mocked when it was pointed out that was an indication of a growing problem

Now it's bottles

Am sure someone will be along soon to insist that it's not an issue, there's no problem and that the incidents we are seeing throughout football currently aren't related

In fairness, if what I've heard today is accurate, the tin foil incident can be ignored. It seems like it was a freak accident, and the foil bundle was thrown up in the air, rather than on to the pitch or at anyone. Why it was thrown I don't know, but it would be out of character for the person who threw it to do so maliciously.

However, that one incident is hopefully isolated from the seemingly growing issues of objects, and supporters, ending up on the pitch. I thought at times today the ref made some shocking and bizarre decisions, but it never ever entered my head to throw something at him. Nor would I ever throw an object at a player, or fan for that matter. It is senseless, pathetic, could end up with the person responsible getting banning orders and maybe a criminal record, and it could affect the club and fans due to reduced allocations.

So grow up and pack it the f u ck in you idiots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miruic said:

I doubt the twats who do it are going to listen. Unfortunately the responsibility is likely to fall on others around them to inform the stewards. 

It came from the Neanderthalls of the North stand West side.

Apparently they were throwing things at Rotherham fans after the game and hit an elderly man.

Moronic cowards.

32 minutes ago, The coach said:

In the 70s and 80s they threw darts at each other..slashed each other up..especially at everton and lpool..your coaxh allways got an housebrick thru window travelking outa citys in the suburbs..much prefer todats footballing climate tbh

So its ok then? Genuine question 

Unfortunately we live in a society today where youngsters are pandered to, and have a major problem with authority. 

However, one way to stop them is simple: if you see some remedial, brainless, waste of oxygen throwing something, or generally being a stain on our club, shop them. Straight away. Tell a steward, take a photo or video of them and shop them. And if someone around you does this, and the cretin starts being aggressive or absusive towards them, help them out. Back them up. If people start doing this, it may help discourage the dregs of society thinking they can behave like they want. We don't need folk like this at Hillsborough. 

And any simpleton arguing 'its just a laugh or banter', or that it was a lot worse in the past and we should just man up and deal with it, you're part of the problem. You're either socially messed up, or some aging, middle-aged hooligan wannabe thinking they are the mutts nuts. If you want to fight so badly, join a boxing club or do MMA - lets see how you get on there. 

Apologies for the rant.

• Like 3

Simple solutions are available

Invest a fraction of what our best paid players earnsm on quality cctv, identify the offenders and deal with rhem.

Once a few criminal records\banning orders are dealt out and once a few jobs are lost the fashion for throwing things will miraclously end.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hitler gassed people to death

Does that mean in the 70's and 80's everyone should have been thankful it was only slashing each other up and getting housebricked?

Why have you brought Hitler into this debate?

Was he a football hooligan?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

In fairness, if what I've heard today is accurate, the tin foil incident can be ignored. It seems like it was a freak accident, and the foil bundle was thrown up in the air, rather than on to the pitch or at anyone. Why it was thrown I don't know, but it would be out of character for the person who threw it to do so maliciously. 

We need a physics professor to explain how the tin foil bundle floated on the wind then

lol

Owlstalk Shop