Owls v Tractor Boys OMDT (Apologies to Lord Snooty)

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

stormy-night-frankenstein.gif.3cbec5228651365df3c7d3a924a5b2f4.gif

"Good Morning to you Stubbs!"

"What are you doing down here ,Sir?"

"Thought I'd rustle us up a bit of brekkers. A fine day, eh?"

"Uhm, have you looked outside ,Sir?"

"Indeed! Perfect weather. A wonderful winters day! Just the job for a game of togger!"

"When did you last have an eye check ,Sir?"

"Two centre backs in the door ,Stubbs. Not one. Two!  Where do we keep the bacon and eggs ,Stubbs? I say, this frying pans a bit flat"

"Oh, oh I see. The false optimism syndrome is setting in again. Let me take that pizza shovel from you ,Sir.. Why don't you sit down "

".Very well. Oh yes, this is now Stubbs, eh, what. The final pieces of the Play-off team winning team"

"Play-off winning team? We're not in the play-off places"

"Well, not yet, not yet. But it starts today. Oh yes, we'll look back on this window as pivotal in years to come you know. Yes we'll look through the mists of time and we'll remember the day that's coming  in just four short months time when we're at Wembley celebrating , wee Barry lifting the Trophy. Big Darren Moore grinning his big grin taking in the wonder of a rapturous Wednesday crowd at Wembley singing Barmy Army.  Harlee Dean standing in Wednesday scarf having a quiet contemplative moment to himself, a tear streaking down his cheek, his Lee Bowyer nightmare at and end. We'll all be drinking into the night Stubbs. Yes.  And as the dust settles, the morning after. We'll sit and we'll muse, and we'll muse for years after as we sit in the Premier League and  we'll think back to this pivotal window as the turning point where it all started coming together."

" Christ"

"Any team news?"

"Dean and Storey may require some volume before they can start games ,Sir"

"Right. Fack it . I'm off back to bed. Wake me at 6pm"

WEDNESDAY

V

IPSWICH TOWN

image.png.3b24018312ba093e8738a413c58001f3.png

3:00PM KICK OFF

HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM

WEATHER : ATROCIOUS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.1e62b8207ada648e052b77c62e2b1529.png

Wednesday boss Darren Moore has two new centre backs to ponder putting into his porous Sheffield Wednesday defence. Harlee Dean has joined on loan from Birmingham City and Jordan Storey has joined from Preston North end.

Josh Windass has looked sharp coming from the bench after a long spell injured and a shorter return to work niggle which he also picked up, but the manager has insisted he is now ready to start games. 

Sheffield Wednesday possible-:

Peackock-Farrell

Hutchinson   Dean    Palmer

Hunt     Bashers    Luongo   Bannan    M-Laing  

Gregory        Windass

------------------------------------------------

image.png.938bad1a2c122fdb2e1fff1a559f6a93.png

Ipswich are without left-back Kane Vincent-Young, who will serve a suspension after being shown a late red card last time out, while fellow left-sided player Hayden Coulson is ruled out through an injury.

On the opposite flank, Wes Burns will come in with confidence, having taken his tally to seven league strikes for the season from wing-back with a goal and a brace in the last two games.

James Norwood, Conor Chaplin, Kayden Jackson, Macauley Bonne, Sone Aluko and Joe Pigott will all battle for spots in the front three, giving McKenna several tough decisions to make.

Ipswich Town possible starting lineup:

Walton

Donacien    Edmundson   Woolfenden   

Burns      Carroll   Bakinson, Celina

Aluko

Norwood          Bonne

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORM GUIDE

image.png.a6e6b59f12b45fd202f7b6a755bb76ae.png

I'm not worthy your Lordship but just thought you might have been on your jollies now the restrictions have been lifted. Could never get near the quality of your OMDT but just tried to start a conversation board for the game. 

Just get up earlier in future. lol

Edited by A47Owl
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

If we lose this, I'm coming for you.

I've just looked at the fixtures

I've seen us beat Donny, Fleetwood, and Bolton

And I've seen us draw against Gillingham

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've just looked at the fixtures

I've seen us beat Donny, Fleetwood, and Bolton

And I've seen us draw against Gillingham

You can stay then. You maybe an omen. 

But if we concede late , sleep with one eye open  Le Tissier Hoots 

2 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

I'm not worthy your Lordship but just thought you might have been on your jollies now the restrictions have been lifted. Could never get near the quality of your OMDT but just tried to start a conversation board for the game. 

Just get up earlier in future. Lol

Never mind all that. You should be in bed, getting your beauty sleep!

16 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've only been to 3 or 4 games this season for one reason or another

We're going today

I feel like a fat kid in a sweet shop

Last time I saw you in the Tap I can see why you would choose such a self deprecating description 😆.

• Haha 2

Difficult game today, but a winnable one none the less. 

It's going to be a busy day for the team selector tombola. I'd be disappointed of Storey, Dean and Windass don't start though.

Maybe harsh on Palmer in particular, but assuming we are still persisting with 3 at the back; Storey, Hutchinson and Dean surely our strongest back three. 

If we can replicate the first 45 minutes from last week over the full 90+ minutes, going for 3-1 Wednesday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Let's go for a hard-fought win... 2-1 Wednesday. A positive start for the new loan signings and getting back within touching distance of play-offs... oh yeah, let's have all the teams above us losing today too 😉

UTO!

Sod that. Let's go for stuffing them 6-0.

Aim high then if you can't quite meet the target you still get a win.lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

HAD YOUR BREAKFAST?

BORED OVER YOUR COFFEE

FOR THOSE WITH AN HOUR OR TWO STILL TO FILL BEFORE KICK OFF

HAVE A LOOK AT THESE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Will we be seeing a change  from 3-5-2 now that we have some new chaps in the door? Asks Jake

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• IPSWICH TOWN  MATCH -  OWLS FANS GAME PREVIEWS

PODCASTS YOUR THING?

GET THE IPSWICH TOWN  TAKE ON THE GAME VIA THIS CHAT WITH THE WTID PODCAST BOYS

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/oppos-view-ipswich-town-and-morecambe/id1546099630?i=1000548885369

AND MAKE SURE TO POP YOUR HEAD IN AND HAVE A LOOK IN-:

THE MATCHDAY PICTURE THREAD

AS A GERMAN WEDNESDAY SUPPORTS LOGS THEIR WEDNESDAY MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE  AFTER FLYING IN YESTERDAY

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1
  • Love 1