Owls v Tractor Boys OMDT (Apologies to Lord Snooty)

36 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

In the abscence of the usual @Lord Snooty OMDT I have copied and pasted the page from the Wednesday website to kick start the comments.

Tractor Boys will have a following of over 3000 supporters. They left Ipswich at 6pm on Friday in a convoy of over 1000 John Deere tractors. A1 reporting bad smells from the tractors which had just left the fields of Suffolk. 

Hopefully our tactical Maestro will include at least 2 of our new signings and continue our fast flowing attacking football with the reassurance of 2 proper centre backs. 

I predict a lot of goals. A win for the Blue and White Wizards. 

Hang on they both play in Blue and White. Can't go wrong. 

Match preview: Owls v Ipswich

17 Hours ago

MATCH DETAILS

Sheffield Wednesday v Ipswich Town
Saturday 29 January
3:00pm
Sky Bet League One
Hillsborough

This weekend’s clash with Ipswich at Hillsborough marks the start of a hectic bout of fixtures for the Owls.

Darren Moore’s side are set to play nine games between now and the end of February, meaning a relentless schedule of weekend/midweek fixtures on the horizon.

Ipswich are one of the form sides in the division with four wins from their last five games under new boss Kieran McKenna.

As things stand heading into the weekend clash, the Tractor Boys are one place (8th) and one point ahead of the Owls (9th), though Wednesday have two games in hand.

In terms of home form, the Owls have tasted defeat only once this season at Hillsborough – the fewest of any side in League One. Five of our next six fixtures take place in S6.

IMPORTANT SUPPORTER INFORMATION

Following the relaxation of Government Plan B regulations this week, we will revert to our regular matchday operation from Saturday.

CLICK HERE for further details.

TEAM NEWS

Wednesday: New recruits Jordan Storey, Tyreece John-Jules and Harlee Dean could make their debuts at Hillsborough.

Josh Windass could be in contention for his first start since late November.

Dominic Iorfa and Chey Dunkley remain sidelined.

Olamide Shodipo is a long-term absentee for the Owls.

Ipswich: Defender Kane Vincent-Young will miss out through suspension after being shown a late red card on Tuesday night in their 2-0 win away at Wimbledon.

Full back Dominic Thompson is eligible to feature after joining the Portman Road side on loan from Brentford until the end of the season.

OFFICIALS

Referee – Darren Bond
Assistant referee – Andrew Dallison
Assistant referee – Mark Russell
Fourth official – Andrew Kitchen

Apologies to Lord Snooty and hope your absence is short lived. 

Brilliant post. Thanks a lot 💙🤍

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, marshy said:

I’ve never quite got the fact they are called tractorboys. My Wife is from Norfolk and whenever we visit all you seem to see is fields etc. Always imagined Suffolk to be more of a quaint place than full of tractors. 

I think it come from the area having tractor manufacturing.

Ransomes tractors and agricultural machinery. Hope that helps. 

19 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Huge game, looking forward to it just hoping for the 3 points!

Ditto…. although with the playoff drawbridge being slowly hoisted up , every game is huge now. I still haven’t got over throwing away a six pointer last week.

31 minutes ago, marshy said:

I’ve never quite got the fact they are called tractorboys. My Wife is from Norfolk and whenever we visit all you seem to see is fields etc. Always imagined Suffolk to be more of a quaint place than full of tractors. 

I didn't know this. 

A recent nickname for Town is "The Tractor Boys", which was coined during the club's brief period in the Premier League from 2000–01 to 2001–02, when the team regularly competed against more fashionable clubs. The nickname is an example of self-deprecating humour referring to Ipswich's agricultural heritage.

Hope that helps. lol

Just now, Willie Henderson said:

Yet another must win game, probably the biggest must win game so far.

It may well be our last one, it really is sh*t or bust time.

Come on Wednesday!

You do tend to feel this really is last chance saloon for us. I know there’s always one side that comes from nowhere to scrape in the playoffs. It’s time to start winning consistently. 

• Like 1