Darren Moore - Post-Oxford reaction

Darren Moore is a failed PL manager 

Failed Championship manager 

Now a failed League one manager 

After he’s made of mess at Oldham or someone similar in league 2 I’d suggest he hands in his coaching badges and looks for another job 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Django said:

The fact that he’s now got 3 fit centre half’s but is persisting with a right back and a winger whilst leaving them out is gross incompetence and a sackable offence in its own right 

It's idiocy, arrogance or perhaps a combination of both.

You signed a new CB on loan - get him in the team today ffs.

Yes, Johnson played in the 4-2 win but the new lad is an upgrade on him. You get him in the team; it is a no brainer.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Glenn59 said:

considering he was a defender it's unreal how bad we are at basic defending. Not just today but all season. Basic things like closing down, being more aggressive in attacking crosses into our box. BASIC football. Yet he stands there spouting the same old same old same old. We go again.....to do what? Play darts and pool at the training ground?

We needed a CB, signed one, so we put Brown on who was away with the fairies in the build up to the third goal. Why not put Storey on and move Johnson to wing back? Kin ell it's not that difficult to figure out

Yes but seeing as we are week in the air on the left it's easy for teams to score from headers. Get a proper CB in there and it might be different. I like johnson but if he's playing CB I'd rather have Brennan at the back or the new lad.

As soon as the opposition have got to grips with what we are doing Moore does not have the tactical awareness to stay one step ahead and press home any advantage.

I don’t think that the players [apart from Berahino and Brown] are at fault here but it is the way we fail to adapt or counter.

Thats a managerial problem where attrition might work in the National League.

But signing an out and out CB, putting him on the bench and not bringing him on in favour of the hapless Brown is just downright nonsense.

Moore was again exposed today for his total lack of any ability to change or recover a game.

Several games too many for me and possibly too late to salvage any thing before we lose any advantage of keeping this group together for a tilt unfinished business….

• Like 8

I’m starting to get irritated by him. Sure he’s a lovely bloke and seems honest but the cliches are getting boring.. I get that he has to be positive and maybe I’m being harsh and cynical?...give him 2 more games..needs to win convincingly, no excuses 

• Like 1

After listening to that load of crap again. I'm lost for words, well not quite. Does he think we are all idiots. The same speech after every game. He picks the team, he signs the players, he picks the tactics, he plays players out of their positions. Lets  get back on the training ground, what for to do the same things. Times up. Just go. Uto

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Very honest assessment by our straight talking gaffer.

we go again ! It’s a marathon not a sprint. All about where we finish in May. Rome not built in a day . 

Another workout for Darren’s big duster on the coach home again, get on the training ground and get some more volume in the legs, bounce back !

Erm okay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

It's idiocy, arrogance or perhaps a combination of both.

You signed a new CB on loan - get him in the team today ffs.

Yes, Johnson played in the 4-2 win but the new lad is an upgrade on him. You get him in the team; it is a no brainer.

Even in the 4-2 win it was evident that our defence is poor. Plymouth had three shots on target for their two goals. Brings in a CB and leaves him on the bench even after we had conceded yet another headed goal from a cross. Stupidity personified.

• Like 2