Darren Moore - Post-Oxford reaction

Feels currently like keeping a manager for the sake of it. 

I’d get rid if I was Chansiri - the fanbase isn’t impressed with Moore… every game is full of doubt - starting with the team sheet and the tactics to the performanc to the result.  

If we drop 5 places so be it… but what’s the point in not going for it ? 

Well, I am bitterly disappointed in a manager who finds excuses in saying players lost concentration at key moments.  The player you are referring to has been shoe horned into a CB position from a wing and YOU HAVE a CB ON THE BENCH , YOU MUPPET!!  

GET RID!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Even in the 4-2 win it was evident that our defence is poor. Plymouth had three shots on target for their two goals. Brings in a CB and leaves him on the bench even after we had conceded yet another headed goal from a cross. Stupidity personified.

Yep.

We played very well against Plymouth, but you do have to wonder what happens if Windass doesn't grab the 4th straight after their second. I have a sneaking suspicion it would have finished 3-3.

Look, every now and then you can convert a player into a new position. Dem Blades managed to successfully convert Basham from a central midfielder into a centre back...but that isn't going to happen with Marvin Johnson.

He's a wide left sided utility player, who could do a *job* at left back and not a very good one from what I saw. To persist with trying to convert the bloke into a CB is just madness imo. 

One time wingers into full backs i can get as they reach a certain age. I can even get on board with perhaps a proper full back switching to CB in a three, as they are a bit more use to venturing into wide areas. I recall Pudil doing ok when we switched him. But there is just nothing about Johnson to suggest this experiment should carry on any longer. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep.

We played very well against Plymouth, but you do have to wonder what happens if Windass doesn't grab the 4th straight after their second. I have a sneaking suspicion it would have finished 3-3.

Look, every now and then you can convert a player into a new position. Dem Blades managed to successfully convert Basham from a central midfielder into a centre back...but that isn't going to happen with Marvin Johnson.

He's a wide left sided utility player, who could do a *job* at left back and not a very good one from what I saw. To persist with trying to convert the bloke into a CB is just madness imo. 

One time wingers into full backs i can get as they reach a certain age. I can even get on board with perhaps a proper full back switching to CB in a three, as they are a bit more use to venturing into wide areas. I recall Pudil doing ok when we switched him. But there is just nothing about Johnson to suggest this experiment should carry on any longer. 

We get away with it against the sh*t sides, (and there are plenty of them at this level) it’s ok, but when this madness is getting exposed against Shrewsbury and Oxford maybe it’s time to turn it in 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Django said:

We get away with it against the sh*t sides, (and there are plenty of them at this level) it’s ok, but when this madness is getting exposed against Shrewsbury and Oxford maybe it’s time to turn it in 

That's the thing - I don't think our level of performance has improved all that much from last season.

The main difference is there are more crap teams than the Championship, so less times you'll be punished.

If Moore had somehow kept us up last season, we would be right near the bottom three imo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

As soon as the opposition have got to grips with what we are doing Moore does not have the tactical awareness to stay one step ahead and press home any advantage.

I don’t think that the players [apart from Berahino and Brown] are at fault here but it is the way we fail to adapt or counter.

Thats a managerial problem where attrition might work in the National League.

But signing an out and out CB, putting him on the bench and not bringing him on in favour of the hapless Brown is just downright nonsense.

Moore was again exposed today for his total lack of any ability to change or recover a game.

Several games too many for me and possibly too late to salvage any thing before we lose any advantage of keeping this group together for a tilt unfinished business….

Spot on. Other than I'd substitute several for, many many. 

This has now become a joke. Plymouth were awful the other week, yet still stuck two past us. 

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

That's the thing - I don't think our level of performance has improved all that much from last season.

The main difference is there are more crap teams than the Championship, so less times you'll be punished.

If Moore had somehow kept us up last season, we would be right near the bottom three imo.

Thing is.. We are being punished, look at the goals we are shipping. The only plus point as you say is that it's such a crap league. At least we have a chance. 

But, how many of us can say that we look forward to a game with confidence? 

In League One for Christ sake. lol

Edited by quinnssweetshop

6 hours ago, Django said:

Seriously of this guy gets another season then I’m having a Wednesday hiatus 

THE worst manager in my 30 seasons as a supporter 

40 seasons for me and I'm struggling to think of anyone worse. I'm looking back on Jos Luhukay's reign with fondness. That can't be right can it?

I am pleased the biggest myth in football is now being shown for what it is.

You read and hear constantly that fans would rather we lost 4-3 and had a go than try and scrape narrow draws or wins.  That is , Of course, nonsense and always has been as any loss , even one where we have a real go, play very attacking football and score 2 goals triggers pitchforks and protests.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

You read and hear constantly that fans would rather we lost 4-3 and had a go than try and scrape narrow draws or wins.  That is , Of course, nonsense and always has been as any loss , even one where we have a real go, play very attacking football and score 2 goals triggers pitchforks and protests.

The reality, not myth. 

Zero points

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

I would have preferred this type of game all season TBF, but having watched DMs negative tactics over the first third of a season we are now desperate for wins because of all the points dropped then. Seriously, we've had a couple of entertaining games in a season full of uninspired mediocrity. At present the season will be dead by February.