OXFORD - V - WEDNESDAY - OMDT

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.8455dd9cf81a21064fed1236847c0e6a.png

"So Mrs Sowthicket, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"tis a Wolf moon, mi'lord"

"Why are you talking in that silly voice?"

"I'm trying to add some drama, mi'lord"

"Well don't. There's really no need"

"If you'd read the rest of the script, you might disagree, milord. We're nearing the point of no return, like LOST Season 3"

"Just get on with it woman. Stop over playing your part"

"Ohhhh.....oooooh....tis The wolf.. moooon"

"Good God"

"The wolf mooooon..... this lunation, ugggh, tis heightened mi'lord,  by the presence of Pluto,"

"The chap from Popeye?"

"The planet mi'lord, Pluto"

"Oh. The planet. I couldn't tell what you were saying, have you thought about dentures?"

"Pluuuuuto!—the planet of power, death, control! The planet of power and death I says!"

"Get on with it crone"

"You, you're not familiar with the old ways ,Mi'lord, no, no you're not, I see that now.  You'll not be aware of the havoc this planet can wreak. Wreeeeeak havoc!"

"What?" 

"The January full moon sits opposite Pluto in Capricorn, mi'lord, yes, yes so it does,  the sun in Capricorn, the sun and moon’s light shine bright on Pluto—and that puts all of our fears, pain, and past traumas ...in the centre of the stage!"

"What on Earth are you blathering about woman?"

"It shines a spotlight , mi'lord, the  Wolf Moon's energy  highlights our deepest insecurities, power struggles  Tis a full moon to accept surrender, because there's no easy way to meet Pluto's energy. In order to move forward , as survivors, we have to address issues that are buried deep beneath the surface!"

"Issues, what issues?"

"The ones you cannot face, mi'lord!"

"If this is about Danny Batth going to Sunderland, forget it. I'm not bothered"

"No, mi'lord. There are bad times ahead. Pluto. The wolf moooooon! A time of great shortage. For everyone. Of poverty....we all have to fight against it, to do all we can mi'lord. All we can...Pluto is angry about our avarice!!"

"What can I do?"

"A pay cut, mi'lord. To show the planet of death you're worthy of life. To show the Gods you're not greedy.... elst a terrible curse maybe bestowed on you, mi'lord, or worse, Deeeaath!"

"I say, hag. That's a bit rummy. Here, hang on a minute! Turn here woman!"

"No, mi'lord, I must leave. Before the wolf mooooon, shines its light on me tooooo. But remember...take less money and show your purity of spirit, and you might survive the smite of Pluto and the Wolf moooooooooon!"

"Death. Crikey. Maybe I should take a cut. Hang on, that's a wig! Come here.... Good Lord......HARGREAVES!?!"

"Mwhahahah! I'd have got away with it too, if I hadn't ordered such a poorly made disguise off Amazon"

"FFS!"

OXFORD UTD

V

WEDNESDAY

-------------------------------  OXFORD UTD -------------------------------

Oxford United will be boosted by the return of midfielder Herbie Kane, who served a suspension last time out after he was sent off in the 2-0 defeat to Lincoln City.

That was one of just a few changes Robinson made for the Wycombe game, and he should again trust his core squad despite the dip in form, with Cameron Brannagan and Mark Sykes expected to feature in the central trio with the returning Kane.

The line will be led by Matty Taylor, who has registered 12 goals and five assists in 26 appearances across League One and FA Cup action so far this season.

image.png.e16fea92dfd9ceee3c6aac223ae93993.png

-------------------------------------- WEDNESDAY -----------------------------------------

Wednesday are still without several centre-backs, with Dominic Iorfa, Chey Dunkley and Lewis Gibson though they did welcome Jordan Storey into the squad this week after his loan arrival from Preston North End, and the 24-year-old could come straight in to help the makeshift back line.

Midfield star and captain Barry Bannan was forced off last time out, but he is expected to be fit to start in the centre with the returning Massimo Luongo, while Nathaniel Mendez-Laing boosted his claim for another start on the left flank with a goal.

Sylla Sow was afforded a rare start in that game, and, after finding the net in the first half, he could again be deployed, although the Dutch attacker faces competition from the likes of Callum Paterson,and Josh Windass.

image.png.3ab6e92daa3ba434372dd204a3813d98.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORM GUIDE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OXFORD

W-L-W-D-L-L

OWLS

D-D-W-L-L-W

Mrs Sowthicket, could come and live in Bakewell, lots of Heretic Naysayer types out in this neck of the woods, she would fit right in, the Arbour Low stone circle mob would probably giver her a Prize Ram, brilliant post M'lord , heart (what's left of it) says win, head says 2-2

Come on Wednesdayimage.png.d9427abdf3b07dc5eb348cabe0c11ba5.png

• Like 3

Woke up looking forward to the football today after last week, but that normally ends in disappointment. Let's hope for a change of fortune.

Our confidence should be high and we owe Oxford for earlier in the season. 

I wouldn't change the team, even for Windass, keep him as an impact sub today to ease him back in. 

0-2 Wednesday

• Like 3

I hope the boys have still got the vibes from last week’s strong performance in their heads and we can finally start to kick on and get some impetus going this season. This will be tricky today; I’m h keeping my fingers crossed for a sneaky win. 2-1 to us, injury time winner.

Come on Wednesday.

• Like 3