SWFC announce Season Tickets are now back on sale!

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

How does it sit ok ?   If you broke your back to find the money before Xmas at what you assumed was the cheapest price you wouldn’t be slightly pi55ed that you could’ve just waited till Jan ?

I did and I'm not. I've indicated why in posts above. My opinion on this latest release that's all. No point saying I'm unhappy with it if I'm not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

This enough proof for you......from the clubs very own interweb site on 6th December......that bold statement has now, without dispute, proved to be a false one

"While future phase pricing for 2022/23 Season Tickets will be aligned to the club’s standing at the time of sale, what is certain is that committing now guarantees the best possible value."

It was true at the time and most probably had the intention of being true until the shitshow of the sales ensued. 

That isn’t lying though - it’s just being wrong through incompetence, not deception 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, McRightSide said:

It was true at the time and most probably had the intention of being true until the shitshow of the sales ensued. 

That isn’t lying though - it’s just being wrong through incompetence, not deception 

ok, whatever you say

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Green Calx said:

The club just stumbles into disaster after disaster under Chansiri. Its ran worse than an amateur football club. 

I'd love to know how many season tickets we've actually sold so far. 

My first time not renewing in 8 years because of it, in that time I’ve had one through been in the army and leaving and doing shift work (therefore missing roughly between a quarter to half of the games every season in those 8 years), just had enough of it all now, can afford it, just the running of the club doesn’t justify me spending £400 on a season ticket to miss half of the games.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, doubleo said:

Some right drama queens on here - It’s straight forward - just like the transfer situation - not under an embargo but under transfer restrictions. Talk about make your head wobble 🥴

I’m  guessing your frying a quail egg on an aga as we speak.

it’s nothing short of shambolic for 90% of people.

putting pressure on fans who are under pressure at this time of year as it is, clearly shows how much we have lost as a family club.

• Like 2

People defending the indefensible again.

maybe I’m cynical but I always thought they’d freeze prices at this stage and that it was planned all along. All links back to a desperate cash grab in December and then next month we’ll again go back and keep the prices so fans think we’re doing them a favour.

there will have been fans in December that no doubt when without and made sacrifices to get what they believed would be the cheapest prices. They’ve had the p1ss took out of them. 

realistically the prices couldn’t get any higher at this stage; the cheapest tickets are the 10th most expensive championship tickets. We’re midtable league one! Given the ticket money pays for nothing (DC’s own words) why not make them affordable throughout and get big numbers in the ground.

and then there’s people saying it’s great because they are cheap with the credits you have. Ffs that’s your own money, that you have been owed for 2 years. It’s not a cheap cut price ticket you are paying for it.

honestly can’t believe how so many bend over backwards still and take anything that DC thrusts at them

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, nile said:

I’m  guessing your frying a quail egg on an aga as we speak.

it’s nothing short of shambolic for 90% of people.

putting pressure on fans who are under pressure at this time of year as it is, clearly shows how much we have lost as a family club.

I’m more a bacon butty at a Sweaty Betties man myself rather than quail eggs and agas. I perhaps didn’t make my sarcasm obvious enough mate. I completely agree with you - except not so much “lost our way as a family club”  more “lost our way as a club”. We are shambolic both on and off the field. The one shining light in the whole organisation, in my experience, are the folks in the ticket office and shop who have sorted out various issues for me over the years. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, bazapeps said:

People defending the indefensible again.

maybe I’m cynical but I always thought they’d freeze prices at this stage and that it was planned all along. All links back to a desperate cash grab in December and then next month we’ll again go back and keep the prices so fans think we’re doing them a favour.

there will have been fans in December that no doubt when without and made sacrifices to get what they believed would be the cheapest prices. They’ve had the p1ss took out of them. 

realistically the prices couldn’t get any higher at this stage; the cheapest tickets are the 10th most expensive championship tickets. We’re midtable league one! Given the ticket money pays for nothing (DC’s own words) why not make them affordable throughout and get big numbers in the ground.

and then there’s people saying it’s great because they are cheap with the credits you have. Ffs that’s your own money, that you have been owed for 2 years. It’s not a cheap cut price ticket you are paying for it.

honestly can’t believe how so many bend over backwards still and take anything that DC thrusts at them

A desperate cash grab ?  Find that a bit unlikely if I’m honest

Just a poorly executed plan,  if they’d announced the deal now with these prices and not just before Xmas , am not so sure many would be complaining 

49 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Just a poorly executed plan,  if they’d announced the deal now with these prices and not just before Xmas , am not so sure many would be complaining 

What other reason can there be for putting season ticket sales on sale in December?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I mean, Chansiri did tell us this might happen...

"If the fans choose not to buy the (early bird season) tickets, there is nothing wrong with that. They can wait for January or February when we launch the second phase.

"If we are not in a good position, maybe fans will get the same prices. If we do better, then prices will increase."

Actually, having looked back at the original announcement back in December, the club have clearly lied, despite Chansiri's comments in that interview:

After the final deadline, Season Tickets will be taken off sale until later in the 2021/22 season, with prices resuming around £415 on the Kop. So, the sooner you renew an existing Season Ticket or make a new purchase, the greater the saving.

Prices haven't resumed at the higher price of 'around £415 on the Kop', have they?

They're still £395, as they were for those fans who found a way to but them just before Christmas, presumably to avoid exactly that stated price hike.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Actually, having looked back at the original announcement back in December, the club have clearly lied, despite Chansiri's comments in that interview:

After the final deadline, Season Tickets will be taken off sale until later in the 2021/22 season, with prices resuming around £415 on the Kop. So, the sooner you renew an existing Season Ticket or make a new purchase, the greater the saving.

Prices haven't resumed at the higher price of 'around £415 on the Kop', have they?

They're still £395, as they were for those fans who found a way to but them just before Christmas, presumably to avoid exactly that stated price hike.

So they wer only going up an extra £20 in january?? Now people who bought them in december are angry that fellow fans are not having to pay the extra £20?? 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I’m kind of with you in this

If the club had announced in October that there would be a 2 week window in December where a season ticket special offer would be in place, with then stage 2 going on sale in January, then a lot of the grief could have been avoided 

No need for 3 stages. Only added additional complications 

As with most business decisions communication and planning are essential. Both of these are severely lacking here

• Like 1

If I was in a business meeting round a table with someone that suggested three or four different tiers, categories and phases I'd tell them straight that they're just overthinking it (or worse - just coming up with strange ideas to brown nose the boss) and to shut up being stupid

Simplify everything 

Simplify the pricing, scrap phases, scrap categories, scrap tiers - we just dont' need OR want them as fans/customers

Do things for the FANS instead of trying to make overly complex ideas just to try and sound dead edgy

ffs

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

I’m kind of with you in this

If the club had announced in October that there would be a 2 week window in December where a season ticket special offer would be in place, with then stage 2 going on sale in January, then a lot of the grief could have been avoided 

No need for 3 stages. Only added additional complications 

As with most business decisions communication and planning are essential. Both of these are severely lacking here

It’s hardly an offer when the cheapest tickets are the equivalent to a midtable championship club.

and I still can’t see any reasoning or logic behind putting them on sale in December and with increased phases? If it wasn’t because they needed cash in December then what other reasons can there be 

• Like 2