SWFC announce Season Tickets are now back on sale!

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Neither do I think it's wise to start calling club Chairmen liars on social media without proof tbh

This enough proof for you......from the clubs very own interweb site on 6th December......that bold statement has now, without dispute, proved to be a false one

"While future phase pricing for 2022/23 Season Tickets will be aligned to the club’s standing at the time of sale, what is certain is that committing now guarantees the best possible value."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian said:

This enough proof for you......from the clubs very own interweb site on 6th December......that bold statement has now, without dispute, proved to be a false one

"While future phase pricing for 2022/23 Season Tickets will be aligned to the club’s standing at the time of sale, what is certain is that committing now guarantees the best possible value."

Hasn't the price gone up a little bit since the last phase though?

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think the value of the season tickets is in question

Value for money wise for the first phase of renewals for instance - decent pricing really

It's more the delivery and the execution of how SWFC have treat the fans (again)

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed on the pre-christmas one although it was a good deal for me but yes, poorly executed on balance. This time however freezing at the final pre-Christmas band seems fine to me personally.

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed on the pre-christmas one although it was a good deal for me but yes, poorly executed on balance. This time however freezing at the final pre-Christmas band seems fine to me personally.

I'm so confused at the pricing

Before Christmas - the one where the club gave everyone 5 days to find the cash - that was the cheapest price

Since then they've gone up a bit haven't they?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm so confused at the pricing

Before Christmas - the one where the club gave everyone 5 days to find the cash - that was the cheapest price

Since then they've gone up a bit haven't they?

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/december/early-bird-season-tickets-on-sale/

The "certain to guarantee the best value" would seem to apply to all 3 phases prior to the end of the year

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Why’s it matter 

you get a chance to buy cheap tickets and finance them or wait abs buy cheap tickets 

why on earth does it matter 

just like those that signed up for 5 years or 19 years or what ever they were why does it matter it’s an option that may suit some 

there’s different of pricing different offers different payment methods all which will suit and benefit sone people but sone people are crying like babies because it doesnt suit their agenda 

when the fact is however they buy their tickets they can do it exactly the same as they’ve always done 

there is a billion things to moan about Wednesday and have a pop this isn’t one of them it’s embarrassing to be honest 

It’s difficult to read!

6 hours ago, McRightSide said:

But they complained they went on sale (not the prices) before Xmas and that people would have to pay more after Xmas

And now they’re on sale for the same price after Xmas

Thats good, no?

But there are still complaints.

So does that mean it was a good plan to start with? 

SWFC: Here are cheap season tickets to buy, you have a few days before Christmas to buy them.

Some fans scrabble to buy them / can't buy them at the cheapest price / (reasonably) complain.

Early January: Oh only kidding, you can still get them at the same price for another week or two now. 

Fans: err, eh?

Genuinely all a good plan, no reason to complain? Great stuff from the club again? Or another mess?

I wonder how much all of this is worth to the club in actual money to the club, compared to being looked at as yet another basket case moment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Otley Owl said:

SWFC: Here are cheap season tickets to buy, you have a few days before Christmas to buy them.

Some fans scrabble to buy them / can't buy them at the cheapest price / (reasonably) complain.

Early January: Oh only kidding, you can still get them at the same price for another week or two now. 

Fans: err, eh?

This is it in a nutshell

Smacks of incompetence at the very best

The only people shouting people to shut up are the 'I'm alright Jacks' 

In reality it's been a god awful move PR wise, killed a lot of the goodwill built up pre-chansiri's return, and this new announcement just doubles down on it

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is it in a nutshell

Smacks of incompetence at the very best

The only people shouting people to shut up are the 'I'm alright Jacks' 

In reality it's been a god awful move PR wise, killed a lot of the goodwill built up pre-chansiri's return, and this new announcement just doubles down on it

The pre-Christmas saga has been well debated. I really don't think though that the club has got this latest release wrong  personally though.

Not forensically checked the whole of this thread so not entirely  sure that folk are shouting people to shut up. I'm certainly not despite my own opinion on this.

14 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

The pre-Christmas saga has been well debated. I really don't think though that the club has got this latest release wrong  personally though. 

They dropped out the stuff pre-christmas putting pressure on Owls fans to rush to buy

They said pre January prices were going to definitely be the best value

Then they just dropped this one out today basically saying "ONLY KIDDING!!"

The prices aren't the issue - the execution is

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

seems to me like they're freezing the prices from the phase before Christmas? The phase where they tried to pressure fans to part with hundreds of pounds a week before Christmas and within a few days of releasing the prices? So after all that pressuring fans to part with money before the most expensive time of the year the prices are just the same now? Or am i misreading it and got my phases mixed up 😂

No that's the same price I paid on the last day of last phase 30th Dec. Hmmmmm 

Easiest way is not to fkin get one , had enough of the shambolic running of this football club, the owner does not deserve the support this club gets after continually shafting us time and again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They said pre January prices were going to definitely be the best value

They dropped out the stuff pre-christmas putting pressure on Owls fans to rush to buy

Then they just dropped this one out today basically saying "ONLY KIDDING!!"

The prices aren't the issue - the execution is

Yes I agreed earlier on the execution pre-christmas.

Personally I'm happy that this release is no better or worse than the third pre-Christmas band. If they'd  been increased at all there'd likely still have been flak. It seems to me to be a sort of concession that the pre-Christmas release was flawed. 

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yes I agreed earlier on the execution pre-christmas.

Personally I'm happy that this release is no better or worse than the third pre-Christmas band. If they'd  been increased at all there'd likely still have been flak. It seems to me to be a sort of concession that the pre-Christmas release was flawed. 

The damage is already done really having put pressure on families or single parent families to stump up pre-christmas to get the cheapest deal
To then turn round today and say 'ha ha look!! we were kidding!!' is a bit pants to say the least

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The damage is already done really having put pressure on families or single parent families to stump up pre-christmas to get the cheapest deal
To then turn round today and say 'ha ha look!! we were kidding!!' is a bit pants to say the least

Yes, again I've agreed on pre-christmas execution. Given that; freezing at the highest pre-christmas band for this release as has happened sits OK with me personally.

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yes, again I've agreed on pre-christmas execution. Given that; freezing at the highest pre-christmas band for this release as has happened sits OK with me personally.

How does it sit ok ?   If you broke your back to find the money before Xmas at what you assumed was the cheapest price you wouldn’t be slightly pi55ed that you could’ve just waited till Jan ?