SWFC announce Season Tickets are now back on sale!

17 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

"If we are not in a good position, maybe fans will get the same prices. If we do better, then prices will increase."

This is interesting

So by making them the same price that is clearly an admission that we are not in a good position

So what's he doing about it?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The damage is already done really having put pressure on families or single parent families to stump up pre-christmas to get the cheapest deal
To then turn round today and say 'ha ha look!! we were kidding!!' is a bit pants to say the least

This^. It’s so frustrating! I haven’t had the best couple of years money-wise but just had enough disposable income this year to renew my season ticket at the final reduced rate (phases 1 and 2 were before my payday so they weren’t an option). If I hadn’t had the full amount, I may have been forced into taking the credit finance option (which could have cost more in the long term). I wonder how many took the credit finance option only to find out that they didn’t need to because the price wouldn’t be increased after Christmas.

It’s a bit scandalous really.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

It’s hardly an offer when the cheapest tickets are the equivalent to a midtable championship club.

and I still can’t see any reasoning or logic behind putting them on sale in December and with increased phases? If it wasn’t because they needed cash in December then what other reasons can there be 

We can play the semantics of the wording as in December we were very much in contention for promotion so the offer is lock in at what you are paying in league 1 for potentially championship football i.e a reduction in previous championship prices

Whether you think the pricing is wrong is another debate. 

45 minutes ago, The coach said:

So they wer only going up an extra £20 in january?? Now people who bought them in december are angry that fellow fans are not having to pay the extra £20?? 

I think it's the principle of it which is annoying people.

Fans were explicitly told that prices would be 'around £415 on the Kop' and that 'the sooner you renew...the greater the saving', neither of which has proven true.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Actually, having looked back at the original announcement back in December, the club have clearly lied, despite Chansiri's comments in that interview:

After the final deadline, Season Tickets will be taken off sale until later in the 2021/22 season, with prices resuming around £415 on the Kop. So, the sooner you renew an existing Season Ticket or make a new purchase, the greater the saving.

Prices haven't resumed at the higher price of 'around £415 on the Kop', have they?

They're still £395, as they were for those fans who found a way to but them just before Christmas, presumably to avoid exactly that stated price hike.

Some people may have committed to credit debt to purchase before the deadline though. I didn’t purchase mine on credit but I was considering it and probably would have done so if I hadn’t managed to get my cash together. 

• Like 1

Just now, shandypants said:

Some people may have committed to credit debt to purchase before the deadline though. I didn’t purchase mine on credit but I was considering it and probably would have done so if I hadn’t managed to get my cash together. 

True - so those fans would have been better off waiting until now, perhaps.

Which of course they wouldn't do, as they were told it would be 'around £415 on the Kop' and that 'the sooner you renew...the greater the saving'.

It's just a really shabby way to treat people, isn't it?

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

True - so those fans would have been better off waiting until now, perhaps.

Which of course they wouldn't do, as they were told it would be 'around £415 on the Kop' and that 'the sooner you renew...the greater the saving'.

It's just a really shabby way to treat people, isn't it?

Exactly. There will be people that will have taken an option they really didn’t want to, to then discover that they didn’t need to. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 1