Players Who Burnt Bright But Faded Fast

Andrey Arshavin

His first season (I think?) at Arsenal he was incredible. Literally looked like a world class player, but then went downhill rapidly. I even recall some absolute howlers from him. 

Went back to Russia after and never heard from him again.

7 hours ago, Skyline said:

Andrey Arshavin

His first season (I think?) at Arsenal he was incredible. Literally looked like a world class player, but then went downhill rapidly. I even recall some absolute howlers from him. 

Didn’t he score 4 at Anfield?

7 hours ago, Skyline said:

Andrey Arshavin

He scored 31 goals in 144 over 5 seasons with the club.

Not sure I’d put him in this category tbh. Thought he was a decent player who did well with what he had. 

• Like 1

Egil Ostenstad

First season under Souness, he looked a proper striker. Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea and Wednesday all wanted him but couldn't meet Southamptons £7,000,000 asking price

Then Dave Jones came in, Berkovic departed and he looked nothing like the player he could have been. The same was reported by Blackburn Rovers fans when he went up there, rarely featured.

On 05/01/2022 at 11:46, Skyline said:

Andrey Arshavin

I think one of his first games was when he scored 4 v Liverpool, think it gave the wrong idea lol