Crewe Alexandra v Sheffield Wednesday OFFICIAL MATCH DAY THREAD

Guest hirstysfags

Last time I woke up on a matchday this optimistic, we played Cambridge, so not counting my chickens. 

That said, today's team is more than capable of three points, despite Crewe picking up a couple of wins in league and cup lately. 

Team is ok, considering what we have available. If Windass is fit enough for the bench I'd have started him maybe, but if he needs nursing back in, so be it as there is lots of football still to be played this month 

Pleased to see Corbeanu start and interested to have another look at Mendez-Laing if he get opportunity today. 

Although it's the type of banana skin Wednesday rarely avoid, think we will win today. As long as we match them for effort and play with a decent tempo....0-2 Wednesday

• Like 2

Well, at least there is a central defender playing today. To start the season with four, and then bring one back from loan, and to have all five unavailable as happened midweek is unfortunate to say the least.

I have to think that Moore doesn't trust Corneanu defensively, which is why he is back today and was out midweek, but who knows

1 minute ago, striker said:

Last time I woke up on a matchday this optimistic, we played Cambridge, so not counting my chickens. 

That said, today's team is more than capable of three points, despite Crewe picking up a couple of wins in league and cup lately. 

Team is ok, considering what we have available. If Windass is fit enough for the bench I'd have started him maybe, but if he needs nursing back in, so be it as there is lots of football still to be played this month 

Pleased to see Corbeanu start and interested to have another look at Mendez-Laing if he get opportunity today. 

Although it's the type of banana skin Wednesday rarely avoid, think we will win today. As long as we match them for effort and play with a decent tempo....0-2 Wednesday

Spot on. However, if Crewe start on the front foot from the off and really pins us back, We could be in for a Long Afternoon. But I’m quietly confident that we’ll get the 3 points come 5pm😉

• Like 1

Dont think Moore had many choices to make here. No complaints on the line up from me.

Corbeanu for Shodipo (who fought hard on Tuesday) might give us more threat. Pato for Kamberi who did v little last two games.

Wing for Massimo is the right call but also the big worry.

Think Wing is so frustrated at his own performances that he might eventually burst into tears on the pitch. Thus joining me watching him.

• Haha 1