And since we’re Sheffield Wednesday

We most probably should.

But since we’re in Crewe,

And we’re visiting you,

And since we’re Sheffield Wednesday,

We shall only score two!

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

The King is dead. Long live the new King, and let us call him Hirstyfags.

Me and my eldest son stayed up to watch the cricket last night, saying things like “If Root & Malan can get to 100”, “If we can frustrate their bowlers in this heat”, etc etc

So, “If we can start well against bottom of the table Crewe”, “If we can get two-up early doors we can score a hat-full” etc etc

Malan not getting to the pitch=bat pad straight forward catch. Root hung out his bat and got a tickle. All hope lost ? Butler & Stokes to take it to them lol  Time for Bed !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Ahh memories! Crewe away 18th of August 2001( first away game after relegation from premier league.) A real sliding doors moment for me. Won 2-0, Gezza Sibon and Paul McLaren I think.

After the game,walking past a pub(The Barrel it was called then), get let in a side door by bar staff. It’s full of Wednesday fans but shut. Anyway long story short eyes meet across room, I see my now wife. She’s wasn’t even there as a Wednesday fan( she’s from North East.)

So I’ll always have supporting Wednesday to thank for that!

🤔.....😀

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

Ahh memories! Crewe away 18th of August 2001( first away game after relegation from premier league.) A real sliding doors moment for me. Won 2-0, Gezza Sibon and Paul McLaren I think.

After the game,walking past a pub(The Barrel it was called then), get let in a side door by bar staff. It’s full of Wednesday fans but shut. Anyway long story short eyes meet across room, I see my now wife. She’s wasn’t even there as a Wednesday fan( she’s from North East.)

So I’ll always have supporting Wednesday to thank for that!

🤔.....😀

The old memory is playing tricks on you. We'd already had a season of poo 2nd tier football before that game.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

The old memory is playing tricks on you. We'd already had a season of poo 2nd tier football before that game.

Jesus you’re right! I must have wiped that season from my mind! No wonder I always forget our anniversary. 🥴

• Haha 1

Really need a win today.  3 points would be most welcome.  

The team need to step it up over the Christmas period and build a solid foundation to kick on second half of the season.  

We aren’t far off being a good side in this league but are just lacking something.