PORTSMOUTH V WEDNESDAY - OMDT

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Surely a win

On paper yes, But given the recent results against the likes of Morecombe,Shrewsbury, Cheltenham, Lincoln etc we just need to be that little bit more cautious when we play them this weekend I don’t mean setting up to be ultra defensive.

Brave, battling performance.

The last 20 plus minutes with 10 men, was tough to watch.

BPF deservedly man of the match.

Thought the referee got most things right.

We MUST get all these missing players back, if we are to push on, especially with Luongo out for the next three matches.

Wasn't a good tackle tbf, but never mind the "Pompey Chimes" that Ronan Curtis was acting  like a complete bell ALL night!

A massive well done to the travelling support, incredible in such conditions for a long midweek journey.

Please all get back safely!

Well done Wednesday.

UTO!

😂👍👍

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

All game we have been embarrassing up front. 

Actually Pompey not much better with the amount of ball they had and with some of y=their poor crossing. They have not scored from a corner all season so far and can see why. No ability to do anything with crosses. Hirst not as good as he and his father think. Cannot see him above League 2 however keen he is.

3 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Personally I have no issues with Moore’s selections or subs tonight. Missing the likes of Dunkley, Hutch, Iorfa and Brennan leaving us with zero CB's, missing Windass and playing with 10 men for a third of the game. I'd have snatched your hand off if offered a draw pre-match. 

More or less agree but think an an occasional attack or two might have made more of the shakiness of their defence. Corbeanu might have  profited but our manager thinks he does not defend well enough!.

Edited by victorturner

Not sure where in our 2 shots on target we can be classed as looking like we were gonna win it.

Hirst gets any touch on that header I. The opening minutes and has better finishing before half time and we lose 2-0.

Draws are no good, we just don’t win games. Another game where we have had less shots and less possession.

It’s almost Christmas and we are 8th, 7 off top 2. Not good enough for me, make shift defence or not.

• Like 1

I thought we looked more convincing with 10 men, although we looked a lot worse when we went down to 9 players. A good point in the end and a shame Luongo had to get himself sent off because Theo and Nat ML must have been itching to get on. Well done Mr Moore and the boys. Points like that away and more wins at home this second half of the season, could get us promoted automatically. If DM can keep the squad going like this and is allowed to add a couple of good signings in January we could even top the table.

We would have got hammered here if we had played like we did earlier in the season. We are looking a lot more solid now and despite the poor quality of the players Darren has had to work with, he has still got us into a fantastic position, while trying to get the whole squad up to speed. 

BPF was excellent tonight.

UTO!

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

More or less agree but think an an occasional attack or two might have made more of the shakiness of their defence. Corbeanu might have  profited but our manager thinks he does not defend well enough!.

To be honest I was wanting Corbeanu on to run at them but there would have been a risk. In the end we held on for a point so probably DM got it right 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lukeyswfc said:

Not sure where in our 2 shots on target we can be classed as looking like we were gonna win it.

Hirst gets any touch on that header I. The opening minutes and has better finishing before half time and we lose 2-0.

Draws are no good, we just don’t win games. Another game where we have had less shots and less possession.

It’s almost Christmas and we are 8th, 7 off top 2. Not good enough for me, make shift defence or not.

lol Nearly Christmas and not running away with it with our established league 1 superstars!

Bah humbug

The stats before the match suggest that their no.10 was most likely to score. But he didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

It really wouldnt be though.

The teams at the top keep winning, we keep drawing. We have to get more wins or we won't make the play offs and more points dropped against Crewe, Accrington and Burton will leave us with even more ground to make up.