PORTSMOUTH V WEDNESDAY - OMDT

10 minutes ago, victorturner said:

More or less agree but think an an occasional attack or two might have made more of the shakiness of their defence. Corbeanu might have  profited but our manager thinks he does not defend well enough!.

Which is great if you're more bothered about losing 1 point than gaining 3.

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The teams at the top keep winning, we keep drawing. We have to get more wins or we won't make the play offs and more points dropped against Crewe, Accrington and Burton will leave us with even more ground to make up. 

Of course dropping points sets us back but the season will not be defined over the next three games. Injuries  and suspensions are my biggest fears.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Look at tonights results teams getting 5 when we hardly scored against teams like gillingham , tonight on paper was a decent point but next 3 games need 9points min or season is over . 

Maybe a tad dramatic

• Like 2

I thought tonight was a game between two teams who may just scrape the play offs, but neither have at present the clinical touch in the opposition box to challenge for the automatics. 

We defended pretty well, though our keeper has had to make some very good saves to keep it at nil nil. 

Still don't have a Scooby what Moore is thinking at times when it comes to selection, though I appreciate his hand has been forced by the spate of injuries in some areas. Theo was the catalyst for our recent upsurge in form, but old Darren seems to prefer the largely ineffective Shodipo at present. 

18 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The teams at the top keep winning, we keep drawing. We have to get more wins or we won't make the play offs and more points dropped against Crewe, Accrington and Burton will leave us with even more ground to make up. 

A draw is never optimum obviously but a loss tonight would have been much worse. It would have seen Portsmouth go ahead of us and the gap to the top six be even bigger. That would have been way worse!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

A draw is never optimum obviously but a loss tonight would have been much worse. It would have seen Portsmouth go ahead of us and the gap to the top six be even bigger. That would have been way worse!

I agree draws like tonight can be acceptable but only as long as we back them up with wins, especially against the lower teams.

I feel if we don't get maximum points from the next 3 games, Crewe, Accrington and Burton, the top 2 will be out of sight.

Then we go to to Sunderland, after which we will only have 21 games left. If we only get 4 points out of these next 4 games then we will have got to the point when even draws won't be good enough anymore, even to get in the play offs. Keep drawing and the season will peter out to mid table for us. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

🤣🤣 because he simply doesn’t put tackles in. He’s not a CM and he’s been poor all season…try and dress it up all you want but he hasn’t been good enough. 

But only Palmer, Bannan, Adeniran and Luongo have made more tackles than Wing so far this season.

I'm not sure how you square this with your insistence that he doesn't put tackles in?

18 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

But only Palmer, Bannan, Adeniran and Luongo have made more tackles than Wing so far this season.

I'm not sure how you square this with your insistence that he doesn't put tackles in?

luongo as only played 5 games 🤣🤣 wing as played 15…says it all to me mate. Next you’ll be trying to tell me that’s because that’s what luongo’s job is as a CM. 

adenrian has had a similar amount of game time to wing…again says it all. 

Don’t get me started on palmers tackling stats. Lots got all giddy cos palmer had completed the highest amount of successful tackles in the league (80% ish) but had only made 42 tackles in 20 games. Clearly doesn’t show how many he’s not even attempted, which as happened on numerous occasions. 

we can all put stats on the table to suit bias debates. 

3 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

luongo as only played 5 games 🤣🤣 wing as played 15…says it all to me mate. Next you’ll be trying to tell me that’s because that’s what luongo’s job is as a CM. 

adenrian has had a similar amount of game time to wing…again says it all. 

Don’t get me started on palmers tackling stats. Lots got all giddy cos palmer had completed the highest amount of successful tackles in the league (80% ish) but had only made 42 tackles in 20 games. Clearly doesn’t show how many he’s not even attempted, which as happened on numerous occasions. 

we can all put stats on the table to suit bias debates. 

It's not biased; just stating the facts.

And you're right, Luongo's tackling is phenomenal. Adeniran's is slightly better than Wing's, too.

But none of that changes the fact that Wing has made more tackles than all but four of our players this season, which was my original response when you said you'd 'never seen him win a ball this season'.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's not biased; just stating the facts.

And you're right, Luongo's tackling is phenomenal. Adeniran's is slightly better than Wing's, too.

But none of that changes the fact that Wing has made more tackles than all but four of our players this season, which was my original response when you said you'd 'never seen him win a ball this season'.

honestly cannot remember a game where he did. His tackling is poor at best and it’s a well known fact. It was a poor decision to bring him on IMO. 

I’m bored of this now…I’ve some uphill gardening to do in storm Barra. 

13 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

honestly cannot remember a game where he did. His tackling is poor at best and it’s a well known fact. It was a poor decision to bring him on IMO. 

I’m bored of this now…I’ve some uphill gardening to do in storm Barra. 

Fair enough.

You stick to your 'well known facts' and I'll stick to, well, actual facts.