PORTSMOUTH V WEDNESDAY - OMDT

I don’t understand the negative comments, we battled well and anyone expecting to go to Portsmouth and boss it with 10 men are deluded. Add to that an ex so called Owls starlet showing Tom Daley how to dive, would his dad have done that?….I think not. All in all a very good point! UTO 🦉🦉

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Apologies. I am relying on performances and returns in games as criteria for selection rather than preferred positions, my mistake

And my point is that he's a good winger but he might be a terrible striker. 

If you want to see him play there, utilise him in a game where he has a bit of freedom and see how he gets on. 

Not when we're down to 10 and clinging on for the point.

As a winner, you're taking on your fullback most of the time. As a striker, you need to win the long balls and you're coming up against 2 big centre halves and the midfield. 

I'm not discounting his stats I just don't think this was the game to try him as a striker.

Honestly can’t believe people are moaning about that tonight. 

It was always going to be a hard game. 

Starting without a recognised centre back, and going down to ten minute.

Battled well to come out of it with a clean sheet and a point.

would have taken a point before seeing the team sheet.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Playing Windass against Hartlepool was his receipt, starting the useless Shodipo ahead of Corbeanu is his decision. 

Shopido played well expect Corbeanu to be returning to Wolves

The fact we played with 10 men for some time will mask what was a poor performance really.

Attacking threat was not there at all. Kamberi was poor. Shodipo, one decent glimpse, poor. Luongo was stupid to get sent off, just needed to get the ball gone and got overly fancy.

we spent too ouch time again getting the ball and spinning around to go backwards

make shift back 3 did all they could, can’t fault them or BPF. Very average performance for 60 mins then held on for what will be classed as a good point.

side note, Hirst loves a dive doesn’t he. Should have had 2 tonight, shocking finish when clean through and left the ball for an easy header.

4 wins in 11 is it now? 6 of the 7 sides above us have games in hand. Wigan have 3. Underwhelming season. Feels like we are wasting it again with another average, nice guy, manager

2 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

And my point is that he's a good winger but he might be a terrible striker. 

If you want to see him play there, utilise him in a game where he has a bit of freedom and see how he gets on. 

Not when we're down to 10 and clinging on for the point.

As a winner, you're taking on your fullback most of the time. As a striker, you need to win the long balls and you're coming up against 2 big centre halves and the midfield. 

I'm not discounting his stats I just don't think this was the game to try him as a striker.

He should have been on from the start, might have been a different game then.

• Like 1

At least we didn't lose, apart from that, few positives. Even with 11 players we didn't look like scoring.

Curiously with 10 players we looked better, started to put some effort in, which had been lacking previously. 

Praise for the defence tonight however, the tenacity and desire to put themselves between the ball and our goal was good to see and pleased Peacock-Farrell got a clean sheet. 

In the circumstances not losing the best we could hope for but really at this stage of the season draws are no good. 

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Honestly can’t believe people are moaning about that tonight. 

It was always going to be a hard game. 

Starting without a recognised centre back, and going down to ten minute.

Battled well to come out of it with a clean sheet and a point.

would have taken a point before seeing the team sheet.

Before the sending off we could have won the game. Then we did what we hardly ever do which is to grit our teeth and manage a game.

Some people just like to winge.

• Like 6
  • Love 1