SWFC Supporters Trust Statement

My biggest fear all season (apart from DM,`s tactics and selections) has been that we will put ourselves in contention for the top 6 only for financial problems to come back and bite us.

This move is quite clearly indicative of the exact thing that i feared ...................should we receive anything like a decent offer for Iorfa, Palmer, Paterson, Windass, Bannan etc then they could very well be off.

Dont get me wrong....................I would gladly let a certain few of those leave if it kept a point deduction from the door , but either way the portents aren`t good are they.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

• The lack of any interest-free financing option being made available to fans by the club.

Has this ever happened at swfc? I remember using the zebra finance option in 12/13 and paying interest.

2 minutes ago, Portia said:

Has this ever happened at swfc? I remember using the zebra finance option in 12/13 and paying interest.

It has yes 

What’s even more disappointing is that SWFC have sold the SWFC Mastercard to our fans (for interest free purchases) and then when announcing this season ticket idea have said our fans can’t use it 

Disgrace 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's not like Chansiri to miss a deadline, is it?

:ph34r:

I put a laughing emoji, not that I found it stupid, but I found it funny.

Just thought I'd mention that, as I don't want to get into another debate.

👍

• Like 1

Any idea how long ST seats are reserved for?

I can afford to pay now but this just isn't fair for struggling families.   I have a cousin whose a Liverpool ST holder and they pay for theirs around June or July, just before the season starts.   8 months before is ridiculous.

If it stops DC pushing the early bird date earlier and earlier each year, and helps supports others, I'm happy to pay the higher price in six months time, but need to ensure that I don't lose my seat, with SWFC friends.   Are seats only reserved during the early bird period or until the start of the season?

No matter how much Chansiri has thrown into the club, we are further away from the Prem as we have ever been

He's sold the ground, he's spaffed millions on rubbish, thats OUR money as well, its all bloody relative.

He's stubbornly gone his own way,

We have had so called ballots asking us what we would prefer ignored cos the f.ookin' result of it wasn;t to his liking.

Kit mess ups, Anniversary shambles Emmanuelson, Abdi etc etc etc

But yeah, lets just accept the utter garbage this whole club is becoming

The ONLY thing to be proud of is the fans, it has been for years and its Wednesday best asset

and no matter which side of the fence you are on regarding Chansiri, he is slowly alienating himself from a large proprtion of that asset, but he's too stubborn to see it.

Fans are now beginning to act like the customers he sees fans as

No matter how much the owner of Tescos throws into his shops...If folk don't want to shop there..they won't

Luckily for Delphjon, our money doesn't make any difference, begs the question why he is so desperate for it all of a sudden.

If even now, he cameout and admitted the financial mess we seem to be in, I for one wouldn't have a problem, I wouldn't like it, but would admire the honesty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Grow up. They could have handled it better yes but the outcry imo has been ott. Chansiri defense league? It seems you thrive on dividing fans with these childish statements. 

Differing opinions are what make a forum. 

Chansiri is the one dividing the fanbase 

He's been at it from day one 

And he's succeeded...

• Like 5
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, torryowl said:

the trust is right and chansiri is wrong  but seen as he's put (circa) £200 million + of his money into the club  i can understand why he doesnt take a blind bit of notice of them when it comes to how  things are run .

Do you genuinely think he will miss a penny of it?

He's spent the last year chilling in his infinity pool.

He didn't earn it, he hasn't got a clue how to use it properly, and he will never run out.

• Like 1

I suppose what annoys me even more about the whole pile of poo that has been this launch is it could have been a reasonable success if handled even slightly better. 
-advance notice so people knew if was coming would have at least given people a chance to save a bit. Might not have helped everyone but would have negated a good chunk of the criticism and most importantly helped to sell more of them. 
-finance options. When you work with a finance company you get all of the revenue up front in one hit and they provide the loan. Even a 6 month finance option would have been a big improvement. Surely a cheap option to do this would have been better for the club and we would have sold more. Without the bad will we have now. 
It’s all so unnecessary and tin pot. 

• Like 1

There's seems to be an assumption that this is all Chansiris doing maybe it is? But maybe it's a decision made by the marketing department which had been sanctioned by him on their advice. Or maybe Moore has said I'll need some cash in January for the players we need to push on. Maybe somebody has said to him the timing couldn't be worse Mr C but hes said tough its my decision. Suppose we'll never know the full story but as has already been said when would be the right time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

And those who spit fire any time a fan group dares to speak.

A lot of our fans have always hated any fan group 

Bizarre isn’t it? I joined wednesdayite at the height of the shares issues because I thought it was important. Once it had blown over I found it a bit of a talking shop so I opted out. Never felt the need to slag them off though. They did what they believed was right. I was put off the trust from their opening statement of intent. I debated some points on here and they won we me round and I joined, and remain a member. 

The option is always there to join or leave as you see fit. As is the option to debate or ignore. 

What I really don’t get is those that stand on the sideline shouting abuse without ever interacting. 

• Like 1

Guest The Claw

will get one next week because thats what i do follow the owls, the price is great.........but its ill timed to say the least..

6 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

My guess is this has nothing to do with cash flow and more to do with mid season SCMP submissions and maybe the fact our wage bill is way over the allowed 75% of turnover.

Getting the first cheaper season ticket offer on sale virtually straight away gives us 5 days to pull in as much income as possible to go towards our mid season submission required on the 10th December latest.

The reason it goes up on the 13th is that from that date it won’t matter if people take the ticket offer as it won’t go towards our mid season submission. It’s almost to force your hand to get the earlier one.

If fans don’t take the club up on it, we could be in trouble again with the EFL. Maybe one of the reasons DC has made a mad dash over here.

Apart from the fact they are next years season tickets so would have no bearing on this years accounts/figures

16 minutes ago, torryowl said:

They may think they have no standing but I doubt they hate them .

Of course they don't hate them, things go sour with fans groups when they think they're some sort of Chairmen and Board in waiting whilst not having the proverbial pot to ******** in. This of course is compounded when the only time they have anything to say is when there's criticism to be administered. Their cause would be considerably enhanced if they lightened up and became a help instead of a hinderance. IMO that is.😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I will always find the argument that supports the chairman as  ‘ DC has put millions into the club ‘ absolutely bizarre.  He owns 100 percent of the shares , and is the only person who will benefit from any increase in the value of the club via those shares.  Him putting money in is no different from any other business.  He has only had to stick so much of his own money  in as his management of the business has been so wretched. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Of course they don't hate them, things go sour with fans groups when they think they're some sort of Chairmen and Board in waiting whilst not having the proverbial pot to ******** in.  

You do realise what you posted here is absolute waffle right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop