SWFC Supporters Trust Statement

2 hours ago, Bez said:

Yawn.   Grow up!

Good offer.  Either take it or don't.  

Why does everyone have to cry about everything and demand it suits them perfectly.  If you can't afford it, don't get one.

Entitled society.

Yet again you’ve completely missed the point.

Its not about entitlement it’s about wanting the club to conduct itself in the right manner. Wanting us to be as successful as possible. Why would you back a decision that pi55es off so many of your fellow Wednesdayites?

Fortunately I can afford to take the early bird offer. I know some that can’t, it may push some of those to not renewing. Should I be happy with that situation because I’m alright Jack. I’ll really enjoy being sat in my own when the rest of the lads are doing something else instead!

The only thing more staggering than DC’s decision making is people like you defending it.

I’ve seen comments such as ‘he’s bank rolling us so can do what he wants’. Here’s a wacky thought, if he ran the business properly in the first place, maybe he wouldn’t have to stump up so much cash. Maybe if he’s run the business properly in the first place we wouldn’t need an urgent injection of cash.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, torryowl said:

£200 million + of his money into the club 

Or someone else'

5 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

I never liked the owls trust and I don't like this lot, I am not against the principles of a supporters group engaging with the club but when they come up with such tripe and seem to be so anti the clubs leadership to gain political traction with fans then it just divides the club...  Love or Hate DC he is the owner, he has poured money into the club and yes silly mistakes were made but were still in so much of a better state than we were under Allen if DC had not have stepped in we could be in the situation of Derby or be out of existence.   That is not to say he should not be challenged but there are ways of doing this, rather than openly criticising they should have been applauding the club for such a great deal and asking then picking with one comment such as asking for an extension to the first round of early bird specials so that more people could take advantage rather than go on a rant of a list of points which I would think would just turn DC away from this lot.. 

Maybe like most, they are utterly sick of the way the clubs being run, and have had enough of the bloke that's taken us to the cliffs edge........ just so he could make a quick killing. And like above... has he really poured his own money in ? Or just been a figurehead with a share ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Mcguigan

My guess is this has nothing to do with cash flow and more to do with mid season SCMP submissions and maybe the fact our wage bill is way over the allowed 75% of turnover.

Getting the first cheaper season ticket offer on sale virtually straight away gives us 5 days to pull in as much income as possible to go towards our mid season submission required on the 10th December latest.

The reason it goes up on the 13th is that from that date it won’t matter if people take the ticket offer as it won’t go towards our mid season submission. It’s almost to force your hand to get the earlier one.

If fans don’t take the club up on it, we could be in trouble again with the EFL. Maybe one of the reasons DC has made a mad dash over here.

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

My guess is this has nothing to do with cash flow and more to do with mid season SCMP submissions and maybe the fact our wage bill is way over the allowed 75% of turnover.

Getting the first cheaper season ticket offer on sale virtually straight away gives us 5 days to pull in as much income as possible to go towards our mid season submission required on the 10th December latest.

The reason it goes up on the 13th is that from that date it won’t matter if people take the ticket offer as it won’t go towards our mid season submission. It’s almost to force your hand to get the earlier one.

If fans don’t take the club up on it, we could be in trouble again with the EFL. Maybe one of the reasons DC has made a mad dash over here.

If if had anything to do with that then surely the deadline would be 10th December and not the 13th.

5 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Grow up. They could have handled it better yes but the outcry imo has been ott. Chansiri defense league? It seems you thrive on dividing fans with these childish statements. 

Differing opinions are what make a forum. 

You’ve come on the forum wading into anyone who dares criticise your great leader and then accuse others of dividing fans 

lol

i was gonna say history won’t look back kindly on the Chansiri apologists but that judgment  has already been made over the last five years of some of our fans choosing to support the chairman over their fellow fans 

Sad to see and really weird 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Maybe the big thing here is lack of transparency.

This is really early for Early bird renewals.

There's obviously something going on with either cash flow or financial reporting as has been suggested.

However because no one knows what's going on we're not in a frame of mind to see this as a chance to help.

I'm not one who wants to know all the ins and outs of the running of the club and I'd defend any business owner's right to secrecy.

BUT if you want people to help and support then you need to tell them why.

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, sw1867 said:

Yet again you’ve completely missed the point.

Its not about entitlement it’s about wanting the club to conduct itself in the right manner. Wanting us to be as successful as possible. Why would you back a decision that pi55es off so many of your fellow Wednesdayites?

Fortunately I can afford to take the early bird offer. I know some that can’t, it may push some of those to not renewing. Should I be happy with that situation because I’m alright Jack. I’ll really enjoy being sat in my own when the rest of the lads are doing something else instead!

The only thing more staggering than DC’s decision making is people like you defending it.

I’ve seen comments such as ‘he’s bank rolling us so can do what he wants’. Here’s a wacky thought, if he ran the business properly in the first place, maybe he wouldn’t have to stump up so much cash. Maybe if he’s run the business properly in the first place we wouldn’t need an urgent injection of cash.

I think people want a chance to moan no matter what.   

And the rest would want a free ticket if it saved them a few quid.   Cheap Yorkshire folk as usual.  

Getting tiresome.  Such a negative fan base in recent years - not the passionate Wednesdayites of yesteryear. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Grow up. They could have handled it better yes but the outcry imo has been ott. Chansiri defense league? It seems you thrive on dividing fans with these childish statements. 

Differing opinions are what make a forum. 

Isn't that just what @owlstalk is doing  🤣 🤣

• Like 2

11 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

Quite clearly the club needs an injection of money, for those that are able to provide the injection now there is a reward, I don't really get the arguments...

The timing of the offer in December which is the most expensive month of the year in the run-up to Christmas and New Year.

It is quite obvious the club needs cash flow relatively quickly, if it had been from January there would have been complaints that its just after Christmas where historically nobody has any money, or after the deadline for self assessment tax payment so self employed people are skint.  The club is doing a frankly fantastic deal for those able to help the club, for those that can't then there is only a modest increase compared to last year, what is so bad about the club offering such a good deal, there really is no pleasing some people

No sense of understanding from the club of the current cost of living crisis and the impact that it will be having on some fans
Really freezing the season ticket cost, if we do go up that will be one of the cheapest Championship season tickets...  I think by offering such a good deal the club is understanding..

The total lack of any reasonable notice would have allowed fans to save up at least some money towards season tickets.
I agree that more notice would have helped although in the past when season tickets have gone on sale later in the year there is not loads of notice, if they had given an extra months notice I am sure people would have still complained its too close the Christmas we need more notice..

The lack of any interest-free financing option being made available to fans by the club.
There would be a cost to this as there is all sorts of paperwork involved in effectively becoming a lender, plus surely everyone would renew at the early bird prices but then pay later or just not pay, the idea of early bird season tickets is so the club can know how much money they have for the coming season so can budget accordingly, if people don't pay there will be an outcry of you can't take them to court just cancel the season ticket, that does not help with budgeting..

The price increases kicking in as the sales window progresses, effectively punishing those fans who can’t afford to spend the cash at the earliest point in the window.
This has gone of for years, what about people that cant afford to pay for a season ticket so pay on the gate, they pay more, what about people that cant afford every game, they pay more...  Its not punishing anyone its rewarding those that commit early, I think virtually every club has the same policy to season ticket sales..

That the refunds process for the 19/20 season is still not completed.

This is one thing that I do think is totally unacceptable and is a stain on the club that should be sorted by now...

I never liked the owls trust and I don't like this lot, I am not against the principles of a supporters group engaging with the club but when they come up with such tripe and seem to be so anti the clubs leadership to gain political traction with fans then it just divides the club...  Love or Hate DC he is the owner, he has poured money into the club and yes silly mistakes were made but were still in so much of a better state than we were under Allen if DC had not have stepped in we could be in the situation of Derby or be out of existence.   That is not to say he should not be challenged but there are ways of doing this, rather than openly criticising they should have been applauding the club for such a great deal and asking then picking with one comment such as asking for an extension to the first round of early bird specials so that more people could take advantage rather than go on a rant of a list of points which I would think would just turn DC away from this lot.. 

Thank you for the communication Mr Chansiri.🙃

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bez said:

I think people want a chance to moan no matter what.   

And the rest would want a free ticket if it saved them a few quid.   Cheap Yorkshire folk as usual.  

Getting tiresome.  Such a negative fan base in recent years - not the passionate Wednesdayites of yesteryear. 

Only one person to blame for that

The one you’re defending g whilst having a pop at our fans who have been great all season and haven’t complained once about the way the clubs been run until this ridiculous season ticket announcement 

The irony is you’re the negative one here 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop