SWFC Supporters Trust Statement

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"We fully understand the frustrated and angry response from across the fanbase following the announcement of Early-Bird Season Ticket sales for the 22/23 season. We clearly welcome that prices have been frozen but note that the freeze is a very limited one. Outweighing that positive are: 

• The timing of the offer in December which is the most expensive month of the year in the run-up to Christmas and New Year.

• No sense of understanding from the club of the current cost of living crisis and the impact that it will be having on some fans

• The total lack of any reasonable notice would have allowed fans to save up at least some money towards season tickets.

• The lack of any interest-free financing option being made available to fans by the club.

• The price increases kicking in as the sales window progresses, effectively punishing those fans who can’t afford to spend the cash at the earliest point in the window.

• That the refunds process for the 19/20 season is still not completed.

"We recognise that some fans may not be affected by the above and can afford to buy their season ticket in December but others may not be in that position

"The club needs to clarify if the need to launch this in December, rather than February 2022, is driven by the need for cash flow into the club. If it is, it could be possible to construct a different approach that convinces those fans that can afford it of the need to voluntarily buy their season ticket early whilst not financially penalising those fans who cannot. Or alternatively, allow fans to make a partial contribution now to secure the lower price with the rest due later this season.

"If there isn’t a cash flow problem then why do it right now? If there is a cash flow problem the club needs to engage the fans in a positive agenda to help tackle that problem, not do things that alienate fans.

"We were not consulted by the club on the early-bird sales plan and would not have supported it in its current form if we had. We now know from a member of the Engagement Panel on social media that the club consulted the Panel. It was reported that the Panel categorically told Mr Chansiri not to release the season tickets in December but were not listened to.

"These events underline the need for far more effective involvement for fans in decision-making processes on matters which directly affect fans.

"This is something recognised by the report of the fan-led review of football governance which called for the creation of a powerful Supporters’ Board at each club and establishment of a ‘Golden Share’ in the club held by fans.

"We wrote to the club a week ago requesting that the club establish these two things in advance of any legislation because it’s the right thing to do. So far, we have received no response from the club to that request.

"If the club wants to discuss a different approach on these matters, then we would be happy to engage with the club to do that."

Chansiri has just issued a response 

jim-carrey-dumb-and-dumber.gif.5b1faa6b25b72916b65b650a57234b9b.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

If it’s true he’s ignored the Panel then they may aswell knock it on the head.

Fair enough ignoring them on issues like Hendo’s on the South or how quick you get a pint on the Kop. But season tickets are the absolute cornerstone of a fan base of our size. To ignore fan feedback on the biggest aspect of their purchase is pure contempt from Chansiri. 

• Like 8

What sort of cash flow is this likely to generate. ?

it’ll probably be in the tens of thousands as opposed to the hundreds of thousands. 

what will that stretch too ?  Pay Bannan for a month or two ? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Quite clearly the club needs an injection of money, for those that are able to provide the injection now there is a reward, I don't really get the arguments...

The timing of the offer in December which is the most expensive month of the year in the run-up to Christmas and New Year.

It is quite obvious the club needs cash flow relatively quickly, if it had been from January there would have been complaints that its just after Christmas where historically nobody has any money, or after the deadline for self assessment tax payment so self employed people are skint.  The club is doing a frankly fantastic deal for those able to help the club, for those that can't then there is only a modest increase compared to last year, what is so bad about the club offering such a good deal, there really is no pleasing some people

No sense of understanding from the club of the current cost of living crisis and the impact that it will be having on some fans
Really freezing the season ticket cost, if we do go up that will be one of the cheapest Championship season tickets...  I think by offering such a good deal the club is understanding..

The total lack of any reasonable notice would have allowed fans to save up at least some money towards season tickets.
I agree that more notice would have helped although in the past when season tickets have gone on sale later in the year there is not loads of notice, if they had given an extra months notice I am sure people would have still complained its too close the Christmas we need more notice..

The lack of any interest-free financing option being made available to fans by the club.
There would be a cost to this as there is all sorts of paperwork involved in effectively becoming a lender, plus surely everyone would renew at the early bird prices but then pay later or just not pay, the idea of early bird season tickets is so the club can know how much money they have for the coming season so can budget accordingly, if people don't pay there will be an outcry of you can't take them to court just cancel the season ticket, that does not help with budgeting..

The price increases kicking in as the sales window progresses, effectively punishing those fans who can’t afford to spend the cash at the earliest point in the window.
This has gone of for years, what about people that cant afford to pay for a season ticket so pay on the gate, they pay more, what about people that cant afford every game, they pay more...  Its not punishing anyone its rewarding those that commit early, I think virtually every club has the same policy to season ticket sales..

That the refunds process for the 19/20 season is still not completed.

This is one thing that I do think is totally unacceptable and is a stain on the club that should be sorted by now...

I never liked the owls trust and I don't like this lot, I am not against the principles of a supporters group engaging with the club but when they come up with such tripe and seem to be so anti the clubs leadership to gain political traction with fans then it just divides the club...  Love or Hate DC he is the owner, he has poured money into the club and yes silly mistakes were made but were still in so much of a better state than we were under Allen if DC had not have stepped in we could be in the situation of Derby or be out of existence.   That is not to say he should not be challenged but there are ways of doing this, rather than openly criticising they should have been applauding the club for such a great deal and asking then picking with one comment such as asking for an extension to the first round of early bird specials so that more people could take advantage rather than go on a rant of a list of points which I would think would just turn DC away from this lot.. 

Great post. Many will hate you for it but we'll written and thought out. Makes a refreshing change from the wailing I've seen on here and elsewhere. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3