MK Dons though

I thought that we saw two good sides , play a really good game of football tonight.

We were better, obviously, but they came to play and executed it well.

I'd much rather watch them than some of the negative dross we've seen at Hillsborough this season.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, debram said:

Don't think the ref would have stood for it, he was spot on tonight. 

Not quite spot on! Allowed their keeper an absolute age over one goal kick when he finally took it he didn’t spot that the keeper kicked it twice! Should have been an Indirect free kick to Wednesday just in front of penalty spot! And a booking for time wasting 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bazza said:

Not quite spot on! Allowed their keeper an absolute age over one goal kick when he finally took it he didn’t spot that the keeper kicked it twice! Should have been an Indirect free kick to Wednesday just in front of penalty spot! And a booking for time wasting 

I think that was a free kick for offside, that for some reason he set up in the dead ball position, got told off by the ref, then kicked it forward to take it from nearer the penalty spot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I think that was a free kick for offside, that for some reason he set up in the dead ball position, got told off by the ref, then kicked it forward to take it from nearer the penalty spot.

That makes much more sense 👍 thanks for clearing that one up

Considering they're one of the division's top scoring teams, I expected them to look a lot more threatening than they did.

They played some nice football at times and their goal was obviously quality, but they didn't seem to have a great deal of threat up top. Dunkley in particular had them in his pocket all night.

They played some nice stuff at times without really creating very much. Apart from their wonder goal, I can't remember even a shot they had in the 2nd half. We came out all guns blazing second half and smothered them in the middle. Luongo started picking up every second ball which didn't allow them out. Could have scored 4 in the second half and we thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

Thought they were a decent side, nice to beat a form team that were above us, unlike the Sunderland result which in one sense was a false result given that their squad were going through a spell of not showing up.

But what on earth was with their no 10 Esei I think it was? Cheating and diving the moment he came on, that usual behaviour from him @BetterCallSaul?

• Like 1

We made MK Dons look like an average side, and average against us just won't cut it anymore.

They're a good side against League One opposition, but they've effectively just played a Championship side in us,and lost.

25 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Thought they were a decent side, nice to beat a form team that were above us, unlike the Sunderland result which in one sense was a false result given that their squad were going through a spell of not showing up.

But what on earth was with their no 10 Esei I think it was? Cheating and diving the moment he came on, that usual behaviour from him @BetterCallSaul?

In my mind it is he is incredibly slight and weak and has the least strength of any footballer I’ve ever seen. When you actually see him in person you see how skinny he is, more long a long distance runner than a footballer. He has no muscle at all and think he just gets thrown about to the slightest touch, a light breeze would knock him over. He’s cost us a hell of a lot of money and has been quite disappointing so far. Since he got injured for us he seems to go down all the time.

19 minutes ago, Manwë said:

We made MK Dons look like an average side, and average against us just won't cut it anymore.

They're a good side against League One opposition, but they've effectively just played a Championship side in us,and lost.

We did play well last night, probably best all season but let's not get carried away again that we are going to steamroll all before us for rest of the season from now on.